Sign in to follow this  
Quality_Shitspot

Why m4 loot rate is so low?

Posted (edited)

I dont even remember when last time i see m4 somewhere, its slightly better than m16 and slightly worse than akm but is so hard to find... in same time akm and m16 is most common AR and can be found literary everywhere. Is any reason to leave m4 in so bad spot un comparison to other ar? Its almost so rare like sniper guns, even vss is a lot more popular on the map. In my last 10h of game time i didn't even saw m4 but i was able to find like 3 m16 in one house

Edited by Quality_Shitspot

Sepp    7

I see M4's just as much as I see Scar's. At least once or twice a game.

28 minutes ago, SaltySeaWolf said:

M16 is actually one of the best weapon around, at least for me. Crazy precision and good damage.

I dont like burst mode in m16 thats why i always try to pick up m4 but is so rare that i dont remember when last time i use it.

38 minutes ago, Sepp said:

I see M4's just as much as I see Scar's. At least once or twice a game.

Scar is also common gun for me and i like scar a lot more than m16, but for real i can find everything except m4, and im sure about that because i always check what is on the floor, in 99% its m16

OldManBoom    34

I think the M16 seems to be most common for me atm, which is fine as it's my favourite AR. M4 is lower but they've just done a rebalance and I wouldn't say it's too scarce.

AngryBeaver    23

Since the loot balance patch I have noticed a significant decrease in AR weapons I find. I feel like most of my games I am stuck with two of the same three guns.. UMP, Shotgun, or VSS. I see these three guns the most followed by UZI... I think my last 2 wins were with a UMP and VSS.. so they do work, but my god can it make it a PITA.

Custom    12

I usually see multiple ARs per game as well as SMGs. Loot overall has been pretty balanced for me. Other than VSS, I usually see every non-crate weapon within an hour and a half of play time. 

r0eladn    22

I think they are trying to make SCAR and M4 higher tier AR's.

I basically find M16's and AKM's constantly. 

• Like 1

FunYun    2

Loot is still broken, I'm finding triple or more spawns of the same items in the same house, or houses next to each other.  Its noticeable because it happens with rare items.  Almost like there is a high tier loot bubble that randomly turns an area into a loot bonanza.

Kringe7    123

I feel like the problem may be that they're actually relying too much on random chance for spawn.  I don't mean I want predetermined spawns, but they need to give the loot here the iTunes shuffle treatment.

For those who don't know, iTunes shuffle used to be 100% random.  But people reported it being seemingly not random, because they'd get strings of the same artists songs occasionally.  Anyone who knows how true RNG works, that will not be uncommon.  So they added rules to guide the shuffle list to exclude things like the same artists songs occurring too close together, or the same genre playing too long in a mixed playlist. 

We could use rules like that to help spread the loot a little instead of having 4 ARs and 3 backpacks inside the same small 2 story house(I see that once every couple of games).

• Like 3

Stress    101

I get them all the time and i dont even like them :|

mart1n1    45

i just looted severny alone and found 1 ak, 1 scar and 2 m16, probably around 200 rounds of 5.56 and 200 of 7.62.

found 1 8x scope.

no m4, no vector, no sniper rifles.

seems wrong that a whole city has no sniper rifles, right?

Madzai    26
40 minutes ago, mart1n1 said:

i just looted severny alone and found 1 ak, 1 scar and 2 m16, probably around 200 rounds of 5.56 and 200 of 7.62.

found 1 8x scope.

no m4, no vector, no sniper rifles.

seems wrong that a whole city has no sniper rifles, right?

I think SRs are "rare loot". And Severny don't have "high tier" loot spots, so  chances to find something like SR are pretty slim, but you get x8 so it's kind of OK. The best chances for good loot in there, if i recall right - the Cafe and Church, but usually those have good "mid level" loot.

Clickster    113
4 minutes ago, Madzai said:

I think SRs are "rare loot". And Severny don't have "high tier" loot spots, so  chances to find something like SR are pretty slim, but you get x8 so it's kind of OK. The best chances for good loot in there, if i recall right - the Cafe and Church, but usually those have good "mid level" loot.

The Cafe there is my jayum. Quit spreadin' that around. :P

Madzai    26
5 minutes ago, Clickster said:

The Cafe there is my jayum. Quit spreadin' that around. :P

No worries. It seems like people will continue to jump in Sosnovka, School, Bunkers, Containers and Pochinki no matter what.

• Like 1

mart1n1    45
7 hours ago, Madzai said:

but you get x8 so it's kind of OK

4 ARs, 400 bullets and one scope in a city with 20+ buildings is kind of ok for you.

yeah, we do not agree.

OzRecon    78

M4 is the highest tier AR. On average you should see it considerably less then the m16 or AK.

Madzai    26
9 hours ago, mart1n1 said:

4 ARs, 400 bullets and one scope in a city with 20+ buildings is kind of ok for you.

yeah, we do not agree.

I'm not arguing with you about if this amount of loot is OK or not. I'm just saying that, from my own observation of loot distribution mechanic it seems like Severny don' have any spot with high chances of top tier loot spawning (aside from Church, maybe), but at the same time, it seems that any spawn point have very small (<1% ?) chance to spawn top-tier loot (and it can include anything "top tier" SRs, level 3 stuff, x8 scope, maybe even m416 now). Is one top tier item from entire Severy is OK? I don't think so, but random could be tough. But you didn't mention level 3 stuff? did you manage to find any of it?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, OzRecon said:

M4 is the highest tier AR. On average you should see it considerably less then the m16 or AK.

As i know from wiki AKM is strongest ar, after it m16PUBG_Assault_Rifle_Comparison.jpg?versio

Edited by Quality_Shitspot

mart1n1    45
5 hours ago, Madzai said:

I'm not arguing with you about if this amount of loot is OK or not. I'm just saying that, from my own observation of loot distribution mechanic it seems like Severny don' have any spot with high chances of top tier loot spawning (aside from Church, maybe), but at the same time, it seems that any spawn point have very small (<1% ?) chance to spawn top-tier loot (and it can include anything "top tier" SRs, level 3 stuff, x8 scope, maybe even m416 now). Is one top tier item from entire Severy is OK? I don't think so, but random could be tough. But you didn't mention level 3 stuff? did you manage to find any of it?

no, only level 2.

if i was in duos or squads, that city would be a huge letdown.

OzRecon    78
12 hours ago, Quality_Shitspot said:

As i know from wiki AKM is strongest ar, after it m16PUBG_Assault_Rifle_Comparison.jpg?versio

The wiki is not very accurate tbh (there are plenty of guides out there with data mined stats) but even looking at that m4 is better in 4 out of 5 categories. The only category it beats the m4 is raw power. In every other category including DPS M4 is better. Based on this chart you'd only ever pick up the m16 but that's because these figures are also based on a naked weapon with no attachments.  Other aspects are not represented such as spread of shots for auto fire where the m4 is considerably better especially with a foregrip plus a foregrip lowers ADS time so the M4 is quicker to use in reactive fire. 

Fuzzy    38

Why worry about finding a M4 when you can use the mighty pistol known as the P1911?

You might be thinking I am probably crazy and would probably right

But listen, the mighty pistol kills everything, it's like the deagle of the game, it can shoot down a plane if you have Hans Solo aim

Roughride    0

Feeling a bit stupid. But how is it possible that M4 has better dps than M16.

M16 has better rate of fire and same power.

simiLan    0

i found 2 8x in the same house today.. and 3 lv 3 vest in gatka in another game..