SocialBandit

A suggestion to end to camping in houses

Everyone can agree that building camping is a scourge in this game. Everyone, that is, except for those people that spend the whole game camping there. I think its high time the developers implement destructible walls inside houses, as well as bullet penetration. I want to be able to throw a grenade at a wall and have it completely destroy it. I want to be able to empty a full magazine into a wall and know that my bullets are going through them. As soon as people know they are no longer invulnerable behind these places, they will stop camping and start playing the game

• Haha 1

xTekx    145
1 hour ago, SocialBandit said:

Everyone can agree that building camping is a scourge in this game.

No. You're wrong. It's not a scourge in this game. And I don't spend my game hiding in a bathtub.

1 hour ago, SocialBandit said:

I think its high time the developers implement destructible walls inside houses, as well as bullet penetration. I want to be able to throw a grenade at a wall and have it completely destroy it. I want to be able to empty a full magazine into a wall and know that my bullets are going through them. As soon as people know they are no longer invulnerable behind these places, they will stop camping and start playing the game

I think it's fine how it is. Play smarter and clear houses before you loot freely. It's not the games fault you get killed by someone in a house.

• Like 12

Playing smarter has nothing to do with getting killed from some house camper when the desync and third person view allows them to effectively see you before you ever see them. This game has a serious problem with people who sit in bathrooms all day and get rewarded for it. Watch any high level streamer and they will all agree. Either punish them for camping or eliminate the ability to do so by allowing destructible environments. If your only argument is to "play smarter" you need to do some more research.

Jozan    14
Posted (edited)

The point of the game is that there are a lot of strategies that are successful. The blue line effectively means that someone has to get lucky to spend an entire game camping in a house, they have to leave eventually and if you are getting killed by someone camping in a house you are not clearing the house correctly.

Top that off with the fact that if they are not moving they are not getting the level of loot a mobile player can. Yes campers can be frustrating but in this game it is an entirely valid strategy that has to be fought just like any other.

Edited by Jozan
  • Like 10

Jozan    14
Posted (edited)

I do like the idea of destructible walls, or at least some walls begin able to be shot through by the larger bullets but camping is not a "scourge" as one of the main points of the game is stealth and silence.

One other note, if walls become destructible it becomes a lot harder for computers to run the game, I am a game programmer and can tell you that adding that many more mesh pieces to make it collapse or blow open would start to lag the game out, especially considering the size of the map. While it would be cool its just not feasible in this game for the majority of the houses.

Edited by Jozan
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jozan said:

The point of the game is that there are a lot of strategies that are successful. The blue line effectively means that someone has to get lucky to spend an entire game camping in a house, they have to leave eventually and if you are getting killed by someone camping in a house you are not clearing the house correctly.

Top that off with the fact that if they are not moving they are not getting the level of loot a mobile player can. Yes campers can be frustrating but in this game it is an entirely valid strategy that has to be fought just like any other.

There is no "correct" way to clear a house if someone is abusing third person view and desync. You walk in and play the odds everytime. Saying otherwise is a fallacy. You can be as tactical as you want but arguing against the fact that someone can see you when you cant see them is ridiculous. As far as them not having loot, thats also a roll of the rng. I can walk into any house and get a level 3 helmet/chest and an ak with 90 rounds easily. There is so much random chance in this game that eliminating the campers is a must. If they insist on allowing ending circles to finish anywhere near a major city or place with structures then they need to allow for the destruction of those places as well.

If you want to argue that camping is a valid strategy than you need to counter point that destroying those places isnt a vaild solution. You can not have a one sided strategy that has no valid counter strategy other than pure luck. As for it taking resources, i seriously doubt in today's day and age that adding a few destructible walls in buildings is that much of a resource drain. And once a wall comes down, its actually less that the server has to render in.

Nomad    689
Posted (edited)

Can we please stop with the whole campers don't know how to play the game, if you are not cheating, then ANYTHING and EVERYTHING goes in my opinion, camping, running and gunning, being a car pirate, bush wookie, flower picking, idc, if it works for you and you get the win then awesome, you are playing the game! 

Period! 

Also, 

Is there bullet penetration?

There is currently no bullet penetration in-game but it is something we’re potentially adding in the future.

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 12

Jozan    14

I wholeheartedly agree Nomad. If its not cheating it is 100% valid. 

Also that's awesome, thanks for pointing out the bullet thing, I hadn't seen that!

• Like 1

Arskov    8

The sole and singular point of Battlegrounds is to survive by ANY means. Buildings are provided for cover, and taking advantage of cover is an intended part of the game. I'm sorry, but I can't think of any reason building camping is wrong. In fact, camping can be a serious disadvantage to the camper if someone who knows what they're doing comes along. You know, someone who does basic things like checking corners and being careful and aware when approaching possibly occupied structures.

As long as they're not hacking or doing something otherwise unfair, players should be free to use whatever is at their disposal to survive, which includes buildings. After all that IS what the game is about.

• Like 4

Nomad    689
3 minutes ago, Jozan said:

I wholeheartedly agree Nomad. If its not cheating it is 100% valid. 

Also that's awesome, thanks for pointing out the bullet thing, I hadn't seen that!

I'm glad others agree, plus, you can usually hear someone camping 99.99% of the time if they are camping, if you go in and die then that is your decision, same as theirs to camp said building, or if you kill them, it was their decision to camp said building and yours to clear it lol.

Also, no problem mate :) 

• Like 1

When the final zones give you no other choice but to go into a house with a camper that's an unfair advantage to the camper. In this thread i haven't seen a single valid counter to my suggestion other than "Nuh uh" or "play smarter". Im sensing a lot of people like to camp and those that dont are in the minority. Also, i never said they didnt know how to play the game, i simply stated its broken when the game forces people to counter them without a valid way to do so other than to get lucky.

Farnsworth83    19
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SocialBandit said:

Everyone can agree that building camping is a scourge in this game.

Nope. It's actually what makes the game great. If camping was effectively removed, this game would die.

Edited by Farnsworth83
  • Like 2

There are no rules in Last Man Standing games. As long as the person is not cheating, anything goes.

Also if the creative director has no issues with campers then....... :ph34r:

• Like 3

Nomad    689
8 minutes ago, SocialBandit said:

When the final zones give you no other choice but to go into a house with a camper that's an unfair advantage to the camper. In this thread i haven't seen a single valid counter to my suggestion other than "Nuh uh" or "play smarter". Im sensing a lot of people like to camp and those that dont are in the minority. Also, i never said they didnt know how to play the game, i simply stated its broken when the game forces people to counter them without a valid way to do so other than to get lucky.

Well the counter this statement is if someone has to leave their building at the last circle then the person waiting outside has an "unfair" advantage. 

I also gave you a perfectly fine counter to your issue, it's just not one you wanted to hear. 

• Like 3

xTekx    145
6 minutes ago, SocialBandit said:

So what you are saying is you have to have things a certain way in order for you to succeed. Good to know you can't adapt.

I clear houses all the time. Some times they have campers, sometimes they don't. Sometimes I get killed by them, sometimes I take them out. Depends on the situation. But just because you "have no choice" but to charge a house at end circle that is in the game means that you made a decision somewhere else that put you in that position. That's not hte campers fault he got there first and took up an EXTREMELY advantageous position on you.

You would be amazed at some of the kills I get when someone enters a house I am in because they come in like the own the place. Hey thanks for bringing me loot! Doesn't matter if i'm holding position or just happen to be moving along and checking houses. There is a high number of people that just do not think that anyone is in a house and come barging in.

• Like 1

Fillthy    16

I'd have to disagree. If anything, I find camping inside a house leaves the camper at a serious disadvantage. If there is someone outside of the house who knows that someone is inside, they have a distinct advantage of knowing that there's only a handful of ways for the camper to get out, at if the circle is closing in the person outside can easily move to an advantageous position and waste the camper when they're forced to leave.

Stress    102
6 hours ago, SocialBandit said:

Everyone can agree that building camping is a scourge in this game. Everyone, that is, except for those people that spend the whole game camping there. I think its high time the developers implement destructible walls inside houses, as well as bullet penetration. I want to be able to throw a grenade at a wall and have it completely destroy it. I want to be able to empty a full magazine into a wall and know that my bullets are going through them. As soon as people know they are no longer invulnerable behind these places, they will stop camping and start playing the game

Go play 50 games in a row, Solo, duo or squads, doesnt matter.

Go sit in a house every single game, and shoot at people who run by

Report back here with video or atleast screenshots at all your wins and maybe someone will take this post serious.

• Like 7

As you play you will learn which spots are the strong holds of 3rd person camping, stairs, with choke points. and you have to make a decision will I push into them or not. Watch for tell tale signs of missing loot doors opened and possible throw a nade or smoke to allow you to push up. its 3rd person and I hate to say it but people will abuse what ever they can manipulate and make of it.

thats why Im going to be playing in 1st person servers and learn the Strong Hold Points in them.

Stress    102
1 minute ago, NoonTimeDrunk said:

thats why Im going to be playing in 1st person servers and learn the Strong Hold Points in them.

Ill see you in the bathroom for some exciting gameplays

OzRecon    78

While you're at it remove trees and rocks in fact there should be no cover at all in the final circle....

If your opponent is lucky or smart enough to have placed themselves in a superior position that's too bad. You could have approached a different way, landed in another spot, not looted that extra building etc and ended up in a better position. It happens to all of us.

OTOH buildings usually only have 2 exits and if they are upstairs some have none without exposing them to fire on the way down the stairs or unable to exit due to the blue. They are also very noisy to move in as opposed to movement outside. They can be death traps. 

I'd like to see destructible buildings but the game is fun as is. 

• Like 1

r0eladn    26

using a house is totally ok. If i need to go bathroom break i use a house as well.

My thinking is that this is temporary and no it maybe isnt fun for you, but contrary to what you are saying i dont think its fun for the housecampers either. There is a lot of new players right now since the game is relatively new. New players wanna get far in rounds as well, and if ur not that experienced yet in gunfighting, houses can be and often are a safe bet. (so they trade in fun over not getting killed instantly and getting further in rounds)

I think in f.e. one year time there will be way less housecamping cause there is less newcomers.

kaynn    55

Camping is just another strat, you want to punish people for using strats?..

PhRaZz    53
12 hours ago, SocialBandit said:

A valid counter? If the circle ends at 4 stones in the middle of an open field, that's also an "unfair advantage" for the first players to reach those stones. But as with most "unfair advantages" in this game; they are based on choices. Some choose to run for the house and gamble on the house being inside of the next circle to GAIN AN ADVANTAGE. If they fail, and have to leave the house, people around have the advantage.

Also, I've played A LOT, and it's not that often that the circle ends on ONE house. And if you see a house with people in it, you don't HAVE to kill them all the time. This isn't CS or some other, fast paced aim-shooter. Just respect that others play the game different from you, with focus on different things. If you can't handle that some people SEEK OUT ADVANTAGE SPOTS in the geology/infrastructure, than... I don't know..

Cuti8tushu    67

I'm in support for bullet penetration and destructible walls.  But I have doubts whether this is even possible.