kaitsu

Hope the new map doesn't have f-boy huts

kaitsu    12

I would like some realism from the new desert map. No silly constructions like the huts etc.

Nomad    688

Are you referring to the fap shacks? Lol 

Frazer    17

Instead of "f-boy huts" why don't they put in fap shacks.

If we have a snow map, I wanna see igloos!

• Like 1

r0eladn    23

Dont know if its gonna be a desert-desert map, or a desert map in the sense of the ground is sand instead of grass but for the rest just as much cover in the sense of trees/rocks/houses.

But i got faith itll be good =]

Tykjen    172
1 hour ago, kaitsu said:

I would like some realism from the new desert map. No silly constructions like the huts etc.

What do you mean? Do you live in a desert? What realism factors are you talking about? 

• Like 1

SaltySeaWolf    91
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Tykjen said:

What do you mean? Do you live in a desert? What realism factors are you talking about? 

I have been in the white desert and, trust me, there are no shacks or huts. This is just to clarify.

Edited by SaltySeaWolf

Tykjen    172
1 minute ago, SaltySeaWolf said:

I have been in the white desert and, trust me, there are no shacks or huts. This is just to clarify.

Ok. But the pictures we have seen of the new map clearly shows its no White Sands. It clearly has buildings in it. Again, what realism is the OP talking about?

Tykjen    172
3 minutes ago, OzRecon said:

The new map is based in a South American desert. 

Yea I got a Red Dead Redemption feel right away from it, Mexico style.

SaltySeaWolf    91
4 hours ago, Tykjen said:

Ok. But the pictures we have seen of the new map clearly shows its no White Sands. It clearly has buildings in it. Again, what realism is the OP talking about?

I don't know what the OP meant neither I talk on his behalf, just wanted to make clear that there are deserts without shacks/huts in our world.

Madzai    28

I hope the game to have proper materials penetration soon, so huts won't be a problem, as good part of the buildings.

Stress    102
9 minutes ago, Madzai said:

I hope the game to have proper materials penetration soon, so huts won't be a problem, as good part of the buildings.

I hope it wont be cs 1.6 like penetration though. Shooting through 3 meter thick, solid granite makes very little sense

Madzai    28
2 minutes ago, Stress said:

I hope it wont be cs 1.6 like penetration though. Shooting through 3 meter thick, solid granite makes very little sense

Ofc, i hope for proper penetration depending on material and bullet caliber.

mart1n1    47
8 hours ago, kaitsu said:

the problem is not the huts.

it's 3rd person view you don't want in the game, son.

Nomad    688
3 hours ago, Madzai said:

Is there bullet penetration?

There is currently no bullet penetration in-game but it is something we’re potentially adding in the future.

• Like 1

OzRecon    78

I think the OP (correct me if I'm wrong OP) is saying that the shacks make no real sense scattered around the world the way they are. It was one of the things that struck me when I first started playing. "What the hell are these meant to be?" They detract from the map IMO.

Maddogbg    9

Well I hope there is some cover. I don't want to play prone city every game. Or the RNG lottery of hey you have a ridge on your side of the circle and they don't so you win. If anything the more objects the better nothing like only 3 objects to take cover behind and 15 people left in the round.

Fuzzy    39

I hope there would be sandstorms instead of rain

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OzRecon said:

I think the OP (correct me if I'm wrong OP) is saying that the shacks make no real sense scattered around the world the way they are. It was one of the things that struck me when I first started playing. "What the hell are these meant to be?" They detract from the map IMO.

They really don't fit where they placed them. If they were scattered around out in the farm fields it would make sense. They're similar to the shacks you find in older cranberry bogs.

On 7/8/2017 at 4:31 AM, kaitsu said:

What exactly do you mean by this?

Greaves    52

Don't much care for realism in the game maps, i'd rather they make it a big playground, kind of like the watertown in the original map. The more fun clutter there is, the better imo.