mart1n1

Remember that time when the first thing you wanted to find was a weapon?

mart1n1    47
Posted (edited)

I feel like all I do now is run from the gas. 

If I don't go immediately for a car. 

Edited by mart1n1

ratpak    16

yep, you better have booster out the wazoo or a vehicle.  I have just quit and gone back to the lobby many times since last patch because circle is just silly.

• Like 1

Lew    12

me too especially when i get unlucky zone and no vehicle ?

but most of the time i have enough time for loot and getting to zone ? ✡️

• Like 2

Kamirann    10

yez running across field simulator needs to stop, they need to double  vehicle spawns ?

• Like 1

I stop bother about circle, better wau is just jump in high loot rate place, get lot of stuff and skip first circle at all. If u are double boosted it almost not making any dmg and most of players are far away already so i dont have any pressure in looting and moving forward

Madzai    28
3 hours ago, Quality_Shitspot said:

I stop bother about circle, better wau is just jump in high loot rate place, get lot of stuff and skip first circle at all. If u are double boosted it almost not making any dmg and most of players are far away already so i dont have any pressure in looting and moving forward

Way too random now. Can loot full Mylta Power with tons of weapons and ammo without any meds. Seems like stuff now spawn in chunks - find one AK, likely to find 2-3 more. Same for scopes, meds, body armor etc. But if something is missing, it's missing. And for cars too - one game 3-4 in like 200x200 zone. Next time strolling for half a map next to major road without any luck. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madzai said:

Way too random now. Can loot full Mylta Power with tons of weapons and ammo without any meds. Seems like stuff now spawn in chunks - find one AK, likely to find 2-3 more. Same for scopes, meds, body armor etc. But if something is missing, it's missing. And for cars too - one game 3-4 in like 200x200 zone. Next time strolling for half a map next to major road without any luck. 

Im not talking about places like mylta or military base. Loot at bigger cities in the edge of map like severny zharki primorsk etc. 

janowski    1
3 hours ago, Madzai said:

I've had the same experience with loot spawning in chunks and was wondering if others had it too. It's especially noticeable with meds/boosts it seems there's either a bunch or none. At first I thought that was just rng but I'm thinking now it's a bug. Have the devs commented on that at all?

r0eladn    23

I really like going on foot. Dont know why but i havnt used a car for last 10 days or so, unless i rly had to.

Seems to be quite a disadvantage though. When running i always find myself having to run across a place with a house with someone inside, or every time i just arrive in the circle, the next circle is as far away as possible and have to start running again. Also plenty of times having to run into a side of the circle when someone is waiting behind a tree cause youre the one having to run. So prob gonna start using em again.

Madzai    28
6 hours ago, Quality_Shitspot said:

Im not talking about places like mylta or military base. Loot at bigger cities in the edge of map like severny zharki primorsk etc. 

I can't find a post, but it's around somewhere. It was about a guy who looted the whole Severny alone, and ended without any decent loot.

And loot at bigger cities is now a same gamble basically. You either drop around some places inside those cities where chances for good loot are better (but you aren't the only smart-ass around, you know?) or run around the same generic buildings praying for a weapon. If someone is more fortunate than you and got decent weapons first, you have no choice but to camp or grab a car and run.

Before the last patches, i liked to jump around Rozhok or Pochinki and participate in firefights there. But after a patch... running around the houses with UZI or Shotty and looting the same damn things 5 houses in a row, while you hear people shooting ARs and other high-tier weapons isn't really fun.

So my choice right now is to go for rather small but loot-rich areas that aren't too much preferred by players. So you don't have to fight too much for too long - like in Sosnovka, or expect a constant flow of players - like tunnels or containers. in Primorsk.

Stress    102
Posted (edited)

Am i the only one having a better time after they changed the circles? I think they are way more balanced, and i actually rarely need a car unless i jump somewhere on the edge of the map, and if i do that, theres usually more than enough cars to go around. Not having to deal with circlejerkers who sit in the middle of the circles every game like they used to has also allowed me to win way more games, which is nice and probably also in part due to an increase in my skill level both in aim and tactically

Edited by Stress
I cant spell "changed" and should be deemed differently abled and comitted
  • Like 1

OldManBoom    35

I've really not had any more bother then I had before to be honest. I do like getting my hands on a vehicle so maybe that's why I'm less reliant on running across the map but it just means you'll have to change your play style slightly to accomodate. Fortunately everyone is in the same boat.

Stress    102
1 minute ago, OldManBoom said:

I've really not had any more bother then I had before to be honest. I do like getting my hands on a vehicle so maybe that's why I'm less reliant on running across the map but it just means you'll have to change your play style slightly to accomodate. Fortunately everyone is in the same boat.

I hate vehicles and avoid them at all costs, i only ever take one if i absolutely have to. Ive avoided them since i started playing the game and it has only gotten easier for me. I really think that the circle being less predictable means that other players need to be less stationairy than they used to, i dont even run into those squads who has set up shop in the middle of the hills between ruins and school nearly as much as i used to, and that area was easily responsible for 1/3 of my deaths back then

mart1n1    47
2 hours ago, Madzai said:

I can't find a post, but it's around somewhere. It was about a guy who looted the whole Severny alone, and ended without any decent loot.

that was me... whole city, few meds, level 2 stuff, only 3 ARs... that's probably 20+ houses there.

loot balance is messed up right now, yes, but we can say that's how it is everywhere in the map.

the circle RNG, on the other hand, will benefit some and severely punish others.

i had a game last night where we dropped at mylta power and the circle was like this... we were lucky to find a car, but sometimes you just don't.

892081950_preview_Battlegrounds map Steam.jpg

• Like 1

Doallyn    8

The 4th circle is the worst, i can handle the first few and finding a car should be possible to deal with that. But at the 4th circle you don't want to be driving in - this game to me should be more about the stealth and positioning at this point rather than A-team style vehicle or just a pot luck running simulator as everyone runs to circle.

The distance you need to cover if you are on the wrong side of the circle at stages 4 onwards is just too far to make the game enjoyable for what its good at, you lose the exciting aspects of the game. 

That's for me is the main issue, at this stage engaging anyone and spending the time actually shooting people becomes secondary to just beating the circle

• Like 1

mart1n1    47
21 minutes ago, Doallyn said:

The 4th circle is the worst

yeah, you don't want to be on the wrong side of those later circles with no time to maneuver and a few guys waiting for you behind trees.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Madzai said:

And loot at bigger cities is now a same gamble basically. You either drop around some places inside those cities where chances for good loot are better (but you aren't the only smart-ass around, you know?) or run around the same generic buildings praying for a weapon. If someone is more fortunate than you and got decent weapons first, you have no choice but to camp or grab a car and run.

Before the last patches, i liked to jump around Rozhok or Pochinki and participate in firefights there. But after a patch... running around the houses with UZI or Shotty and looting the same damn things 5 houses in a row, while you hear people shooting ARs and other high-tier weapons isn't really fun.

So my choice right now is to go for rather small but loot-rich areas that aren't too much preferred by players. So you don't have to fight too much for too long - like in Sosnovka, or expect a constant flow of players - like tunnels or containers. in Primorsk.

So if u dont want to land in big cities where u want to find bigger chance to loot something? In small house in middle of nowhere? Im not "smart ass" i just playing like that whole week and i never end out of meds before arriving to circle and always find at least 2 ar's with 100+ ammo, but it looks like u just want to complain about whatever positive in thread. Loot rates are not perfect but it seems like u want fulll gear up in few house without any effort to survive so please tell me what is the solution for u? 

Edited by Quality_Shitspot

Roble    19
4 hours ago, Madzai said:

So those people landed also in Rozhok or Pochinki and found AR's and good high tier weapons? The same place you landed right? But you only found an uzi or a shotty? 

Contradiction in it's finest form. 

radjenovic    116

The loot situation is getting frankly ridiculous, 3 games in a row, land with one other person, try speed looting houses, come out with m4 tactical stock, smoke grenade and then get hosed down with an ak. 

To be fair I have also benefited repeatedly from this as well, land find a lvl3 vest and m4 in a little house in middle of no where and hose down the poor schmuck who found a set of bandages and a flash hider

Madzai    28
14 minutes ago, Roble said:

So those people landed also in Rozhok or Pochinki and found AR's and good high tier weapons? The same place you landed right? But you only found an uzi or a shotty? 

Contradiction in it's finest form. 

If someone is more fortunate than you and got decent weapons first, you have no choice but to camp or grab a car and run.

Reading comprehension fail at it's finest form. Just for you, i repeat. It's too random. If you can't be sure to get something reasonably decent after looting 3 or 5 houses, there is no reason to jump there unless you are have pro aim and reflexes that allow you to gun down anyone with any weapon or a Grand Master of camping.

1 hour ago, Quality_Shitspot said:

So if u dont want to land in big cities where u want to find bigger chance to loot something? In small house in middle of nowhere? Im not "smart ass" i just playing like that whole week and i never end out of meds before arriving to circle and always find at least 2 ar's with 100+ ammo, but it looks like u just want to complain about whatever positive in thread. Loot rates are not perfect but it seems like u want fulll gear up in few house without any effort to survive so please tell me what is the solution for u? 

Sorry about "smart ass". It wasn't meant to be toward you, i was speaking about myself, and worded it poorly. I just mean that in big cities there are some places that have high chances of better loot or just more of it - like Churches and Cafe, but most people know about them already and try to jump there\camp around.

And about where to land. It very contradiction topic, based a lot on you preferred play-style and capabilities (i mean a player with better aim and reflexes can allow them to perform a lot of stuff weaker players cannot follow). And in all situation it depend on luck (and again, skill that can compensate part of bad luck).

I prefer jumping as far as possible from fly-pass and select locations that supposed to have decent loot but aren't the most popular - flooded village, a Villa near Vasnaya Poliana, a police station in Vasnaya itself, Hospital in Primorsk, even Mylta power. It all depend how far those places are from current fly-path, and over that places it already flew\going to fly (f.e. if a plane flew about Sosnovka and School, most of other places with be empty). Sure i still can meet player even in remote locations, by usually it's no more than 1-3 players and i can deal\die quickly to have some time too loot\look for a car. Not to mention that if location is a remote one, you can see all you competitors (unless it bugs out) and try to outsmart them with landing.

Posted (edited)

I also like less popular places and i tell u the trick about what i do.

Jump out in the end of flight i bigger cities. Most of peoples jumping in the firts big city or in yhe middle of map, when u jump out in the end there wont be more than 5 peoples. I doing it all the time

Great loot and almost guaranteed car if u manage to kill 1-2 players there loot from almost whole city is yours

One thin bad in this tactic is probably u wont see the frag untill get in to circle so its pretty boring

Edited by Quality_Shitspot

Roble    19
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Madzai said:

Reading comprehension fail at it's finest form. Just for you, i repeat. It's too random. If you can't be sure to get something reasonably decent after looting 3 or 5 houses, there is no reason to jump there unless you are have pro aim and reflexes that allow you to gun down anyone with any weapon or a Grand Master of camping.

Well played, touche good sir. 

Edited by Roble