Dayman

When can we expect the new map?

Dayman    12

Should we expect it after the game is fully released or in the coming weeks or months?

Don't think there's an official release date of them but i'm assuming prior to release of the game so that way there's many maps to play at launch. Lets all agree the same old map can get boring when you play for hundreds of hours.

• Like 3

cheersenight    10

They are a small team of  30-35 - there are game breaking bugs to fix before i would like to see any new content.

• Like 1

Greaves    52

Adding new content is as important (if not more) as fixing bugs to keep people interested. New maps really get things interesting again, so i hope they add them asap.

• Like 3

D∀MI∃N    1
14 hours ago, Greaves said:

Adding new content is as important (if not more) as fixing bugs to keep people interested. New maps really get things interesting again, so i hope they add them asap.

Agreed!

On 7/11/2017 at 3:40 PM, cheersenight said:

They are a small team of  30-35 - there are game breaking bugs to fix before i would like to see any new content.

The new map is being made by a group in Madison Wisconsin.

• Like 1

cheersenight    10
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Coleman the Camper said:

The new map is being made by a group in Madison Wisconsin.

they should be fixing bugs. Just on the forum to complain about the AWFUL sound system which just does not work at all.

Edited by cheersenight
  • Like 1

Hawkinz    790
On 7/12/2017 at 6:40 AM, cheersenight said:

The team is over 70 now and the team developing the new desert map is a new team, in a new studio in the US :) 

• Like 2

Cuti8tushu    65

Lol honestly thought when he said teams of 30-35 he meant in the game since the map is going to be 4x4.

Hopefully it's still 100 players on the 4x4 map

4 hours ago, cheersenight said:

they should be fixing bugs. Just on the forum to complain about the AWFUL sound system which just does not work at all.

Are you using surround sound? If so, select stereo. The game is build for Stereo sound.

mart1n1    47
3 hours ago, Cuti8tushu said:

Lol honestly thought when he said teams of 30-35 he meant in the game since the map is going to be 4x4.

Hopefully it's still 100 players on the 4x4 map

I would guess around 40. 

Caseus    0
7 hours ago, cheersenight said:

You do know how development works right? If you are a graphics person or map designer the odds are pretty good that you don't code. I am a graphics designer and I don't write code for software. Hell I know programmers that specialize in certain areas and not others i.e. networking.  

ShatterNL    98
On 7/11/2017 at 10:40 PM, cheersenight said:

You do realize that in game development there are multiple teams working on the game right? So the team that is now creating the new map is not the team that would normally work on fixing bugs, those are separate development teams.

cheersenight    10
On 13/07/2017 at 8:55 PM, Caseus said:

You do know how development works right? If you are a graphics person or map designer the odds are pretty good that you don't code. I am a graphics designer and I don't write code for software. Hell I know programmers that specialize in certain areas and not others i.e. networking.  

there are many many graphics bugs, audio bugs, coding bugs, net code bugs, absolutely tonnes of things they could be working on...

cheersenight    10
On 13/07/2017 at 9:39 PM, ShatterNL said:

You do realize that in game development there are multiple teams working on the game right? So the team that is now creating the new map is not the team that would normally work on fixing bugs, those are separate development teams.

they were the ones who claimed they were a small team of 30 - 35 - that's why i said it. They have since acquired another studio, so fair play they have put their millions of dollars of early access money to use, eventually. 

It just seems like there are so many game breaking issues it should not be on EA at all - the net code for example, for someone with great internet, is just laughable. 

Anyway - i'm not allowed to mention the issues in this game, or discuss them as it's 'antagonistic'. 

r0eladn    23

im rly curious to see if its random which map you play on or if you can choose.

ShatterNL    98
On 7/15/2017 at 0:56 PM, cheersenight said:

they were the ones who claimed they were a small team of 30 - 35 - that's why i said it. They have since acquired another studio, so fair play they have put their millions of dollars of early access money to use, eventually. 

It just seems like there are so many game breaking issues it should not be on EA at all - the net code for example, for someone with great internet, is just laughable. 

Anyway - i'm not allowed to mention the issues in this game, or discuss them as it's 'antagonistic'. 

Of course you are allowed to mention those issues, man, that's what this forum is for! But people who say "they shouldn't release new content, because there are so many bugs still!" just don't get how game development works. It's not like those content/map creators would stop working on the content and help with bugs, they probably have no expertise in helping with that, so those are two completely separate development types and issues. You wouldn't say that the waitress in a restaurant should start helping to cook in the kitchen because it's taking so long right? :D 

cheersenight    10
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, ShatterNL said:

Of course you are allowed to mention those issues, man, that's what this forum is for! But people who say "they shouldn't release new content, because there are so many bugs still!" just don't get how game development works. It's not like those content/map creators would stop working on the content and help with bugs, they probably have no expertise in helping with that, so those are two completely separate development types and issues. You wouldn't say that the waitress in a restaurant should start helping to cook in the kitchen because it's taking so long right? :D 

I get your point, however if a waitress is being asked to cook then the chef should have done their prep in the first place. Ergo, the game should have been further alone before early access. 

Did you know you could edit the game files up-to a week ago to make object see through? what about the lag switching that going on right now? there is SO MANY bugs that it is futile doing anything else, this is my point. 

At least they eventually got a handle on the cheating mind, pleased about that.

Edited by cheersenight

YetiSpec    71
On 7/11/2017 at 3:40 PM, cheersenight said:

well they already made 2 maps......so they will be adding them probably end of month

well at least the desert map for sure....the winter/jungle map shortly after

yochevy    21
On 11.7.2017 at 10:40 PM, cheersenight said:

Name some of the *Gamebreaking Bugs*

cheersenight    10
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, yochevy said:

Name some of the *Gamebreaking Bugs*

are you for real? here are 5. 

1) getting suck on stuff when crouching - it happens all the time. 

2) houses being transparent for some people, can kill people through walls

3) Vehicles being death traps and instant death if you go over the wrong bump in the road

4) hit reg close range being absolutely shocking 

5) and the biggest of the big - the sound system not working from time to time. Silent vehicles, footsteps etc 

6) doors having the appearance of being penetrable, but are like sheets of steel (same as chain-link fences and banisters)

7) parachutes being invisible for some enemy players

8) parachutes getting stuck in the sky, forcing you to fall to your death

9) being the last player alive but not winning

I know that's not 5, I could go on and on.

Game should be ready in 2018 me thinks. 

Edited by cheersenight

yochevy    21
3 minutes ago, cheersenight said:

are you for real? here are 5. 

1) getting suck on stuff when crouching - it happens all the time. 

2) houses being transparent for some people, can kill people through walls

3) Vehicles being death traps and instant death if you go over the wrong bump in the road

4) hit reg close range being absolutely shocking 

5) and the biggest of the big - the sound system not working from time to time. Silent vehicles, footsteps etc 

6) doors having the appearance of being penetrable, but are like sheets of steel (same as chain-link fences and banisters)

7) parachutes being invisible for some enemy players

8) parachutes getting stuck in the sky, forcing you to fall to your death

9) being the last player alive but not winning

I know that's not 5, I could go on and on.

Game should be ready in 2018 me thinks. 

Some of them i never heard of. Some of them are just BUGS , but Gamebreaking ? Do you know what that means ?

Either, its ALPHA if u dident get it, its says it everywhere. For me there is no gamebreaking bug. And some  of the bugs are allready patched since a month :)