Sign in to follow this  
Fiesta

first person only server coming!

Clickster    113

Good.

This will keep the "I got killed because of a feature that I can use also - please change the game for me" people happy.

• Like 8

Stress    101
22 minutes ago, Clickster said:

Good.

This will keep the "I got killed because of a feature that I can use also - please change the game for me" people happy.

inb4 they complain about toilets and stairs and campers in general one week into that update

• Like 4

radjenovic    107

I use 3rd person peeking all the time and never for once thought it should be removed.

I though personally cannot wait for 1st person only servers as it will make the game far more challenging and interesting, how many times have you spotted movement whilst walking and free looking, or been caught out by someone doing the same. every room, every time you walk in the open you will be forced to act in a far more tactical manner, and I for one cannot wait. I am glad that there is now going to be the option for either mode as opposed to being forced into one or the other.

People will complain about anything and everything regardless, it's simply not possible to make everyone happy, but this at least shows the devs are fulfilling their road map and listening to what the community wants. 

• Like 4

Stress    101
Just now, radjenovic said:

I use 3rd person peeking all the time and never for once thought it should be removed.

I though personally cannot wait for 1st person only servers as it will make the game far more challenging and interesting, how many times have you spotted movement whilst walking and free looking, or been caught out by someone doing the same. every room, every time you walk in the open you will be forced to act in a far more tactical manner, and I for one cannot wait. I am glad that there is now going to be the option for either mode as opposed to being forced into one or the other.

People will complain about anything and everything regardless, it's simply not possible to make everyone happy, but this at least shows the devs are fulfilling their road map and listening to what the community wants. 

The only thing that really gets to me, is when i see a streamer get 8 kills using third person to scout every single kill out, and then they start complaining because they die to a guy who was 3rd'ing behind a rock. No idea how they cant see the irony

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Clickster said:

Good.

Yep.

Greaves    50

Awesome, looking forward to it. Not saying i'll exclusively play on them, but i will a good chunk of the time.

JGoodman091    4
21 minutes ago, LoootoooF1 said:

Does 1st person way of playing use more or less ammo than the current 3rd/1st mix ?

Less if you're a good shot with sights, more if you suck. All perspective :)

prax85    45
6 minutes ago, XSniper040 said:

Are they just "smoothing" it out using solo and duo, and then bringing it to squad play?

I think the reasons for that are more... capitalistic...

Fiesta    20

Just hoping that they fix the first person view before coming out with it, cuz right now its awful, feels like you're 3 feet tall....

SneaK X1    30

Certainly hope they don't waste too much time on this, these will be scarcely populated servers compared to the normal 3rd&1st person servers. 

• Like 1

XSniper040    5
11 minutes ago, SneaK X1 said:

Certainly hope they don't waste too much time on this, these will be scarcely populated servers compared to the normal 3rd&1st person servers. 

How are these different from "the normal...1st person servers."?

• Like 1

XSniper040    5
36 minutes ago, prax85 said:

I think the reasons for that are more... capitalistic...

Are you saying that they don't wish to use too much capital on servers until they get it all correct?

prax85    45
4 minutes ago, XSniper040 said:

Are you saying that they don't wish to use too much capital on servers until they get it all correct?

Nah, I think it's more about the popularity of the modes... compared to cost/capacity usage for them.

SneaK X1    30
21 minutes ago, XSniper040 said:

How are these different from "the normal...1st person servers."?

The "normal" servers I'm referring to allow both 3rd and 1st.. this thread is about 1st person only, right?

Heinz    39
Posted (edited)

Good to see the community here has gotten nice and toxic while I've been gone.

Nothing like talking down to people that have wanted a mode that fits their style of play that doesn't affect you at all. If you're concerned about it splitting the player base in any meaningful way than you don't really believe the 1st person servers will be deserted. Either way, no one is forcing you to play the game in a POV that you don't like/can't stand/etc... unlike everyone that has wanted 1st person since March 23rd.

Keep up the good work gang. You're almost making me miss being around here while I wait for 1st Person to show up. /sarcasm

Edited by Heinz
  • Like 1

Stress    101
1 minute ago, Heinz said:

Nothing like talking down to people that have wanted a mode that fits their style of play that doesn't affect you at all. If you're concerned about it splitting the player base in any meaningful way than you don't really believe the 1st person servers will be deserted. Either way, no one is forcing you to play the game in a POV that you don't like/can't stand/etc... unlike everyone that has wanted 1st person since March 23rd

Keep up the good work gang. You're almost making me miss being around here while I want for 1st Person to show up. /sarcasm

Nobody has been as toxic as the people complaining about third person in a third person game. You would probably have known that if you followed the forum.

• Like 1

Clickster    113
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Heinz said:

Nothing like talking down to people that have wanted a mode that fits their style of play that doesn't affect you at all. If you're concerned about it splitting the player base in any meaningful way than you don't really believe the 1st person servers will be deserted. Either way, no one is forcing you to play the game in a POV that you don't like/can't stand/etc... unlike everyone that has wanted 1st person since March 23rd.

Keep up the good work gang. You're almost making me miss being around here while I wait for 1st Person to show up. /sarcasm

Welcome Back! I can't wait for another lecture from you in the distant future when you decide to grace us with your presence again.

P.S. An opinion isn't toxic just because you disagree with it.

Edited by Clickster

Heinz    39
2 hours ago, Clickster said:

Good.

This is an opinion that isn't toxic?

Cheers. I'll go back under my rock. See you guys in game... errr... I won't because you'll thankfully stick to your 3rd person servers.

Stress    101
1 minute ago, Heinz said:

This is an opinion that isn't toxic?

Cheers. I'll go back under my rock. See you guys in game... errr... I won't because you'll thankfully stick to your 3rd person servers.

If you think thats toxic all the posts by the 1st person only spammers might literally give you a depression

• Like 1