JGoodman091

Are some sound systems not supported?

JGoodman091    4

I have a couple different ways I route the sound out of the game, during the day I have the sound ouput to my surround sound speaker system - during the night I have a G930 headset.

My issue is, I often find myself being shot at (obviously..) but the sound location is very innacurate. Sometimes it can be off by a few degrees, sometimes it's off by around 180 degrees.. Meaning I hear sound come from behind me as opposed to in front of me. 

Does this game have a specific spectrum of sound outputs that are supported? I have 2 friends I play with often who have this problem also, and they have the same headset as I do.

Merrill35    23

Are you hearing the gunshot or the whiz/crack? if its a wiz or crack that mean its going by your ear. The actual sound of the gunshot will be after the whiz/crack.

Caesar of Roma    552
On 7/14/2017 at 9:04 AM, JGoodman091 said:

I have a couple different ways I route the sound out of the game, during the day I have the sound ouput to my surround sound speaker system - during the night I have a G930 headset.

My issue is, I often find myself being shot at (obviously..) but the sound location is very innacurate. Sometimes it can be off by a few degrees, sometimes it's off by around 180 degrees.. Meaning I hear sound come from behind me as opposed to in front of me. 

Does this game have a specific spectrum of sound outputs that are supported? I have 2 friends I play with often who have this problem also, and they have the same headset as I do.

There is a known issue with Logitech Headsets. Some way the sound is delivered through the drivers on the headset is not always correct. It is recommended to play in stereo only anyways since there is HRTF built into the software

• Like 2

JGoodman091    4
6 hours ago, Caesar of Roma said:

There is a known issue with Logitech Headsets. Some way the sound is delivered through the drivers on the headset is not always correct. It is recommended to play in stereo only anyways since there is HRTF built into the software

I went out and got a turtle beach headset cos the G930s started to piss me off - hopefully I have better luck :)

cheersenight    10
21 hours ago, Caesar of Roma said:

why is this not in the work around thread? i'm struggling like hell with the sound on my Logitech headset. O.o