Sign in to follow this  
pureless

Silent walking

Greaves    52
Posted (edited)

I find it strange that the audio is so fucked up in this game. Never seen that in any other game, even early access ones. It actually somehow manages to sound clunky, and that's impressive. How does this even happen?

Edited by Greaves

cheersenight    10
9 minutes ago, Greaves said:

I find it strange that the audio is so fucked up in this game. Never seen that in any other game, even early access ones. It actually somehow manages to sound clunky, and that's impressive. How does this even happen?

i read yesterday that there is a known issue with Logitech headsets - do you use one?

Greaves    52
13 minutes ago, cheersenight said:

i read yesterday that there is a known issue with Logitech headsets - do you use one?

No, Sennheiser. I have no trouble hearing where audio comes from. Pretty sure everyone experiences the horrible audio, especially in lobbies when everyone is shooting guns.

cheersenight    10
2 minutes ago, Greaves said:

No, Sennheiser. I have no trouble hearing where audio comes from. Pretty sure everyone experiences the horrible audio, especially in lobbies when everyone is shooting guns.

not only do i have no clue where the sound is coming from but footsteps and cars sometimes fail to have a sound at all. 

Zailink    37

I was with 2 more friends camping military bridge for more than 10 minutes with no movement at all. When we decided to leave a totally silent car came from the bridge in straight line and run over the three of us.

There wasn't gunfight or any other distractive sound, and we were totally silent and no one noticed the car coming in a straight line of more than 400 meters :S

Definitly sometimes sound is broken or not working at all, as many users have reported.

Cheers from Spain, cya in the battlegrounds :ph34r:

Azban    0

As a CS player who is used to silent walking, the "quiet" walking, especially in houses sounds incredibly loud (from my point of hearing). I just wonder is it worth it to quiet walk in a house or can the dude in the house with me still hear the foot steps no matter what.

psychonaut    0

to make it even more problematic, wasn't there an anouncement concerning the merging with console players? Because if so, the possibility to walk even slower/more silent due to the use of the analog sticks could be an unfair avantage, given that until then there wouldn't be a improvement to pc movement. Like having the option to adjust the speed/sound of sneaking or said dynamic opening of doors with keys or mouse wheel. I would like to have an option like this, not being able to move in total silence, but being able to adjust it more to the situation. As it is for now, i think sneaking inside buildings is way to loud. Peaking through half open doors and getting shot in the face could be funny too...

Quasispec    122

^How much fun would it be to go around headshotting console players that are also using analog sticks to move extremely slow? :P

Killua    2

Sometimes i or my mates dont hear the sound for ex. a car nearby, but the other hears it staying next to each other. 

Ive reffed my audio up and can normaly even hear steps or dors from the next building. 

AngryBeaver    29
Posted (edited)

I know this isn't exactly related, but has everyone noticed all the people who run with no shoes now thinking it makes them more silent? I mean in some places it does, but in others it sounds like a duck plopping around on his webbed feet. I can literally here that noise from 200 feet away.  Plop plop flop plop flop flop plop.

For the record I have a G930 (7.1) surround headset  and a 7.1 klipsch system I switch between when playing. Mostly just depends on how many kids are in my game room playing and what time of day/night it is :-D.

That being said I have experienced silent players at times and not just from the headset.

Edited by AngryBeaver

ssj2rich    3
14 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

I know this isn't exactly related, but has everyone noticed all the people who run with no shoes now thinking it makes them more silent? I mean in some places it does, but in others it sounds like a duck plopping around on his webbed feet. I can literally here that noise from 200 feet away.  Plop plop flop plop flop flop plop.

For the record I have a G930 (7.1) surround headset  and a 7.1 klipsch system I switch between when playing. Mostly just depends on how many kids are in my game room playing and what time of day/night it is :-D.

That being said I have experienced silent players at times and not just from the headset.

i'm going with no shoes (as i also forced my team to do so),

its less about making it more silent and more about making it different, so i can easier distinct even among 4 ppl running a different sounding sound , so it catches my attention,

and since its less common (being barefoot) it helps me and my team spot enemies,

also i never experienced a silent car before,

but i did experience no footsteps in and out doors from time to time,

there are many sound issues , like when you scope in the red zone it will stop the explosions and so on

or not hearing water when underwater swimming 

i've manage to run behind ppl who never heard me,

and ppl manage to run up behind me and i never heard them,

and i'm with top quality headphones and audio interface setup (beyerdynamic dt 990 and steinberg ur22)

Bloodbat    3
On 19/07/2017 at 2:39 PM, ssj2rich said:

i'm going with no shoes (as i also forced my team to do so),

its less about making it more silent and more about making it different, so i can easier distinct even among 4 ppl running a different sounding sound , so it catches my attention,

and since its less common (being barefoot) it helps me and my team spot enemies,

also i never experienced a silent car before,

but i did experience no footsteps in and out doors from time to time,

there are many sound issues , like when you scope in the red zone it will stop the explosions and so on

or not hearing water when underwater swimming 

i've manage to run behind ppl who never heard me,

and ppl manage to run up behind me and i never heard them,

and i'm with top quality headphones and audio interface setup (beyerdynamic dt 990 and steinberg ur22)

Last night during a game I was in a room heard footsteps outside the room very clearly, then he walk into the room crouched without any sound. It caught me totally by surprise as i knew he was outside the room. I literally saw him walking in without sound looking in the other direction. What was worse than that I shot him with a AK about 12 feet away. Not one hit, he casually turned around and took the kill. Didn't get it on vid.... I'm still have problems with OBS to capture video.

Kringe7    123
On 7/18/2017 at 3:30 AM, psychonaut said:

to make it even more problematic, wasn't there an anouncement concerning the merging with console players? Because if so, the possibility to walk even slower/more silent due to the use of the analog sticks could be an unfair avantage, given that until then there wouldn't be a improvement to pc movement. Like having the option to adjust the speed/sound of sneaking or said dynamic opening of doors with keys or mouse wheel. I would like to have an option like this, not being able to move in total silence, but being able to adjust it more to the situation. As it is for now, i think sneaking inside buildings is way to loud. Peaking through half open doors and getting shot in the face could be funny too...

Except PC players have the option of using a controller at that point?  

Bloodbat    3

I've just experienced the same issue, a player walked right up to me, again saw him enter a building and I only had a pistol as the game just started. He had a shotty. He back tracked to my side as I turned saw him crouch walking to me with no sound. I also noticed I am experiencing aim issues that I didn't have before at close range. I am wondering if all of this is not a possible lag issue.

Going to check my fps..

pureless    3

The audio is by far the most important thing they need to work on before the game is released. Even shot sounds are desperately difficult to pin point. You almost need to turn your head in game as shots are going off to confirm which direction it's coming from. Just holding your head still.. shots behind or to the side all play equally on both sides of the headset. And of course the whole no footstep thing is a pain in the ass