Nush00z

Mouse Cursor renders incorrectly

Nush00z    0
Posted (edited)

I have a consistent UI bug when I run the game in full screen mode while I have my Windows Taskbar in the top screen position. The mouse cursor renders an inch or so below where it should be. This makes it difficult to click buttons on the UI because the bug makes it so you need to click below where a button is located rather than clicking on the button itself. You can probably recreate this bug by moving your Windows Taskbar to the the top position. I usually play in 1920x1080 if that helps.

The temporary fix is to move my taskbar to the bottom position while I am playing the game, but I'd prefer not to have to do that. You can also temporarily fix this bug by setting the resolution to a lower setting, then resetting it back to 1920x1080, but the bug re-occurs as soon as you play a game and reload back into the main menu UI.

Edited by Nush00z

Caesar of Roma    552
22 hours ago, Nush00z said:

I have a consistent UI bug when I run the game in full screen mode while I have my Windows Taskbar in the top screen position. The mouse cursor renders an inch or so below where it should be. This makes it difficult to click buttons on the UI because the bug makes it so you need to click below where a button is located rather than clicking on the button itself. You can probably recreate this bug by moving your Windows Taskbar to the the top position. I usually play in 1920x1080 if that helps.

The temporary fix is to move my taskbar to the bottom position while I am playing the game, but I'd prefer not to have to do that. You can also temporarily fix this bug by setting the resolution to a lower setting, then resetting it back to 1920x1080, but the bug re-occurs as soon as you play a game and reload back into the main menu UI.

8 hours ago, Preston Gaber said:

I have also experienced the same exact issue. Very annoying.

Now for this fix you need to know your native resolution, it most likely is 1920 by 1080.. if you can find out for me, that would be great as we need it for the next step.

Hold down your windows key and press R, this will open the run dialog where you can type in "%APPDATA%"

P2YDHpI.png

It'll open a folder in windows explorer, up the top on the address bar click AppData as seen in the image below.

6vxDYpF.png

Now on the right hand side, search for Tslgame as seen below and open the tslgame folder:

5VJyZ0Y.png

Now you need to click through a few folders, Saved, Config and then open the WindowsNoEditor folder where you should be able to locate GameUserSettings.ini as seen below:

JyAVYoJ.png

Open the GameUserSettings.ini file, navigate to the section of the tile as seen below and make everything the same as what I have highlighted in blue. If your native resolution is not 1920 x 1080, simply change it to your native resolution then launch the game.

1w8WTlp.png

Let me know if that helps!

• Like 1

Nush00z    0

Hey Roma, thanks for the reply. I've merged the config file changes you recommended for 1920x1080, but I am still having the mouse alignment issue. The mouse alignment seems to be offset by wherever the taskbar is, so if I put my taskbar on the left, the cursor will be slightly right of where it should be. I'm not sure what else to try to correct this, so any other suggestions are welcome.

Nubaeus    0
Posted (edited)

Same exact thing for me. Instead of changing the resolution, I toggle from Windowed (Borderless or fullscreen, doesn't matter) then to fullscreen and back. Only way to get the window to render properly all the time is have the taskbar on the bottom.  

Unfortunatly, that INI trick didn't help.

I would suggest editing the title (if possible) since it's not so much the mouse rendering that's the issue, it's the menu's. It's an issue in the Unreal Engine. The same bugs exist in other games such as Lawbreakers.

Edited by Nubaeus