bgsisawful

The controls in this game are the clunkiest i've ever seen

bgsisawful    0

The hold right click for hip-fire and tap right click for aim down sight is cool and all, but jesus I've never felt such a clunky way to play a game. Along with left shoulder and right shoulder, accidentally leaving it on left and just getting yourself killed. I understand you have to get used to the aiming; I am used to it I've been playing for months and i'm not a bad player but sometimes, sometimes one in a hundred moments you fuck it up. I feel like for this to "consistently" happen one in a hundred moments means the controls are simply too clunky. It's really really obnoxious.

Paragno    14
3 hours ago, bgsisawful said:

The hold right click for hip-fire and tap right click for aim down sight is cool and all, but jesus I've never felt such a clunky way to play a game. Along with left shoulder and right shoulder, accidentally leaving it on left and just getting yourself killed. I understand you have to get used to the aiming; I am used to it I've been playing for months and i'm not a bad player but sometimes, sometimes one in a hundred moments you fuck it up. I feel like for this to "consistently" happen one in a hundred moments means the controls are simply too clunky. It's really really obnoxious.

What are your suggestions to improve the game? :-)

• Like 1

Cromium    0
6 hours ago, bgsisawful said:

May i suggest waiting for the FP only server or try rebinding your leaning left and right to mouse buttons so you can have your left hand free for faster reaction.

All of your *one moment that fucks it up* happens to all of us you know, the controlls imo are solid, it only took me 2 games to get used to it and they are verry simple, and with First person servers it will be even more simple for casual people (that arent good at third person peeking around corners)

Hope this helps.

SENTY    22

I agree its really clunky and you cant change it.. 

J3D1    3

I think one of the good points of the game is that it is "clunky", it is not a run and bunny hop game where you throw 3 grenades and shoot 20 bullets whilst in mid air from each bunny hop jump. The controls/player movement is a bit more true to life than a lot of games and it means you have to make deliberate choices, such as when you want to throw a grenade you have to put your gun away and remove the grenade from your webbing and then throw it.

I would even like to see it go further that when players are moving sideways that they get an inaccuracy penalty, as it is already turning into a wiggle dance gunfight game where the netcode decides the lottery of who won the wiggling.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Cromium said:

May i suggest waiting for the FP only server or try rebinding your leaning left and right to mouse buttons so you can have your left hand free for faster reaction.

All of your *one moment that fucks it up* happens to all of us you know, the controlls imo are solid, it only took me 2 games to get used to it and they are verry simple, and with First person servers it will be even more simple for casual people (that arent good at third person peeking around corners)

Hope this helps.

used to them or not - the OP is bang on - controls are clunky as hell. 

• Like 1

Eskareon    7

The problem is really that the gameplay experience is not uniform in its design style.  Controls and movement feel clunky, which encourages players to take a more realistic approach to movement and combat: think Rainbow Six.  But actual combat and weapon dynamics play more similar to Counter-Strike: sure, you are penalized for the run-and-gun, but all you have to do is stop moving for a moment and you're rewarded with 100% restored weapon dynamics.  So we've got a clunky game with players jittering about like caffeinated rabbits, stopping only to pop a few shots off.

And then there's the netcode.  No amount of refinement is going to compensate for the absolutely horrible netcode.

• Like 1

Nomad    676
12 minutes ago, Rompertje said:

Compared to DayZ these controls are heaven. :D

They feel slightly better than Arma 2/3 and I love their control scheme. The only thing I feel slightly clunky in this game is the animations. 

• Like 2

mart1n1    45

I think the controls are very good in this game. The aiming takes a while to get decent at, but it's a skill, not the games fault.

Third person makes it a bit clumky, so wait for first person servers and it will get a lot better and easier to control the character and aim. 

Akaki    7

You should just try to get used to it. Takes around 20 hours to get used to the game. I have put well over 200 hours with it and it all feels so natural to me now. 

Some of the movements such as jumping could be done better though. Animations are a bit rough on them too. I believe future update which includes vaulting should fix some of the problems you are talking about.

Piffrock    0

when is this game going to allow a player to put the gun in their left hand (left hand on trigger) to allow for a more balanced approach. Right now if you dont have right side peak advantage you lose 9 out of 10 gun fights. the "left hand" peak now, especially 3rd person, is horrendous

rwwest7    0

He says "clunky" but goes on to talk about how he messes up the controls sometimes. Maybe try to stick with one POV and play the game.

If you're trying to hop in and out of third person, while switching shoulders, while doing a 360 no scope.....of course you're gonna mess up a bit. Switch out of try hard mode and into chill mode, and just play the game....or accept the fact that doing all those things in a gun fight, you'll sometimes hit the wrong button.

You know I use both gamepad and mouse and keys. 

Gamepad for parachute and initial looting if in areas where no player is...

Mouse and keyboard for combat. 

I have to admit I sometimes get finger twisted sometimes, but I put the down to being new and not yet having the muscle memory to react without first thinking. 

Science says 50 repetitions is needed to learn something, in PUBG that is a lot of games given the situational difference in each game.

Just keep playing and learning is how I'm approaching it.

Besides I'm having fun while I'm learning so all is good.

Roble    15
On 7/15/2017 at 6:57 AM, bgsisawful said:

If you think this game is clunky, you have never played an Arma game. 

GrdDog    0
On 7/15/2017 at 7:06 PM, Paragno said:

What are your suggestions to improve the game? :-)

On 7/16/2017 at 4:49 AM, cheersenight said:

used to them or not - the OP is bang on - controls are clunky as hell. 

For me 100% +1 Hold a button (momentary) for ADS is a big wantee, as is combined SPRINT/HOLD BREATH(frees a button on current 'controllers' ;)  looking out for the ). Also, might be nice if 'SPRINT' key combo, when pressed, would cancel all other previous requests and the avatar would drop sights +(get up) & RUN. imo...

th4ldy    0

Try playing Arma and Day Z and you will never say this again.

Azban    0

I have to agree the controls, at least when it comes to shooting, could be a little smoother. But like someone suggested, I bound the leaning to my mouse buttons and that has helped a lot. Also, I believe I saw a dev post saying that we will eventually be able to change it to hold mouse button for ADS. That's the only controls change I'm really looking forward too.