Sign in to follow this  
Tom 7

Bug: Game starts in wrong resolution

Tom 7    0

I've configured the game to use 2560x1600, fullscreen (not windowed), which is the native resolution of my monitor. Every time I start the game, it is actually in a much lower resolution, maybe 1280x800. I have to go into "Settings", make some trivial change (like bump the brightness up one dot) and hit "OK". Then it switches to the right resolution. In all cases the setting shows 2560x1600, so it's not like it's changing my setting, it's just not honoring it.

v2.4.22, 15 July 2017. Normal, not test server.

Windows 7 64-bit, 64 GB Ram, single GeForce 1080. Launching from the desktop icon (steam://rungameid/578080), no command-line options or other funny business.

Caesar of Roma    552
56 minutes ago, Tom 7 said:

I've configured the game to use 2560x1600, fullscreen (not windowed), which is the native resolution of my monitor. Every time I start the game, it is actually in a much lower resolution, maybe 1280x800. I have to go into "Settings", make some trivial change (like bump the brightness up one dot) and hit "OK". Then it switches to the right resolution. In all cases the setting shows 2560x1600, so it's not like it's changing my setting, it's just not honoring it.

v2.4.22, 15 July 2017. Normal, not test server.

Windows 7 64-bit, 64 GB Ram, single GeForce 1080. Launching from the desktop icon (steam://rungameid/578080), no command-line options or other funny business.

Have you tried setting the resolution in the .ini file then making that read only?