tibetbkn

Can someone help me with FPS Drop

tibetbkn    0

Specs: I7 3770k 3.4Ghz - GTX 1050 -DDR5 - 8GB RAM. I get 60-80 fps with low&medium settings but it always drops to 30-40 whenever I drive, I open inventory and while in plane. Is there any way to stop these? I tried YouTube stuff but none works. I can't play a match with 60+ fps. Can someone help me

Nomad    688

Upgrade to 16GB of ram. Lot of people have been finding a decent improvement just from having 16GB in their system as the game tends to eat up a lot of system memory. 

Thou a larger improvement you could do is upgrade your GPU, a GTX 1050 is on the very low end, even a 1060 6GB would give you a decent jump in performance. 

• Like 2

tibetbkn    0

So, my RAM causes FPS drops? I play many other games with medium or high settings. I can sacrifice playing with very low graphics in PUBG but I still experience many fps drops. I tried Nvidia 3D Settings, gameeditorsettings. A guy in steam said I should change maximum VRAM capacity of my pc. Does that help? 

Ky-Zo    33
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, tibetbkn said:

So, my RAM causes FPS drops? I play many other games with medium or high settings. I can sacrifice playing with very low graphics in PUBG but I still experience many fps drops. I tried Nvidia 3D Settings, gameeditorsettings. A guy in steam said I should change maximum VRAM capacity of my pc. Does that help? 

As the game is still going through optimization, players have stated that increasing from 8gb to 16gb has been a great improvement in performance. I wouldn't mess around with VRAM changes unless you know what you're doing.

Edited by Ky-Zo

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Nomad said:

Upgrade to 16GB of ram. Lot of people have been finding a decent improvement just from having 16GB in their system as the game tends to eat up a lot of system memory. 

Thou a larger improvement you could do is upgrade your GPU, a GTX 1050 is on the very low end, even a 1060 6GB would give you a decent jump in performance. 

Please don't spread this misinformation anymore, as that advice is way too general to just be thrown around like that.

To start, the FPS you are stating seems completely average for your specs. Now, you do not need to upgrade your RAM to 16GB, at all. Doubling your RAM with identical sticks would literally yield a 1-2 FPS improvement in just somewhat dense sections of the map. That's however completely dependent on whether you're currently running single channel RAM or not, which would then matter since dual channel RAM helps a good amount with open world games. Upgrading to faster 8GB RAM would yield better performance, even, than 16Gb. But since it seems like you're rocking a desktop, I'd imagine you have 2x4 sticks. Anyways, upgrading GPU first = best results.

You have a nvidia card, make sure to follow one of the many guides for nvidia with the profile setting thing. I have AMD, I can not help there, just check the Steam guides. Also consider an overclock to your CPU (not GPU, can cause crashes).

But for the juicy part: I know you want  an FPS boost without spending money on a new rig. That's why you made this post right? So that's why I'll offer my personal Engine.ini and Scalability.ini tweaks that I tested one by one. I erradicated all of the bullshit ones that do either do nothing or actually make you lose FPS from guides created in April/May, and added some tweaks that not only increase FPS, but also greatly increase the visual quality. I originally was going to make an official Steam guide, but have it first :) I suggest not adding any more to these files, as I genuinely believe these settings should be defaulted for everyone, and I've done a lot of testing to get it right (still a work in progress though, since it's a little sloppy with overlapping commands that I'm too lazy to test to see if they belong in Engine or Scalability so I have them in both).

And I'm not going to explain what they do individually, just note that r.ReflectionEnvironment=0 is by far the most black to white difference in there, and note that you can no longer disable shadows, bloom, nor lens flare. Don't forget to make both files Read Only after you're done editing them.

AND FINALLY, disable the Steam overlay for a 5-10 FPS increase.

Engine.ini (added to the bottom)

[/script/engine.renderersettings]
MaxPixelShaderAdditiveComplexityCount=128
MaxES2PixelShaderAdditiveComplexityCount=45
r.EmitterSpawnRateScale=0.75
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.BloomQuality=0
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.ReflectionEnvironment=0
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=-1

Scalability.ini

[PostProcessQuality@0]
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.BloomQuality=0
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=-1
r.FastBlurThreshold=0
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0

[EffectQuality@0]
r.DetailMode=0
r.SceneColorFormat=3

engine.png

scalability.png

Edited by TickleMeHomo
  • Like 1

Ky-Zo    33
1 hour ago, TickleMeHomo said:

To start, the FPS you are stating seems completely average for your specs. Now, you do not need to upgrade your RAM to 16GB, at all.

So you're basically just going to ignore everyone who's said that have had a huge increase in performance by adding another 8gb?

Don't tell someone to stop spreading 'misinformation' when it's been seen throughout the forums as a valid upgrade. 

tibetbkn    0

Thanks both of you guys. I probably wouldn't ask but I don't know a lot about computers so. Thanks for the help 

Romanezis    0
On 7/17/2017 at 2:47 AM, Nomad said:

My specs is i7 4770 3.8ghz , SSD 128 (game on SSD) , 16gb Ram, R9 280x 3gb mem 384-bit and i have same issue.FPS everytime drop till 30-45.It's not RAM problems.

FMRoyale    2

gtx 1050 is good enough.

16 g ram will improve the fps

SSD will improve the fps

look at the Nvidia settings make make sure it is set on 'performance'. this will improve your fps

Quasispec    122

I think the specific issue people run into with this is that it loads all the information for things in the world nearby into your RAM and pagefile. When you drive that changes pretty fast. If you don't have enough RAM it will rely more on your pagefile, if your pagefile is on a HDD or is set at a small size the response time will be subpar.

I started playing this game with a small pagefile on my SSD and was getting hitches periodically as it swapped out information. With plenty of RAM and a 16GB pagefile I still get a little screen wipe every now and then while driving as I move into new areas of the map.

Jawnys    3
On 7/18/2017 at 4:50 PM, FMRoyale said:

gtx 1050 is good enough.

16 g ram will improve the fps

SSD will improve the fps

look at the Nvidia settings make make sure it is set on 'performance'. this will improve your fps

how would an ssd improve your fps... 

Jimin Choi    0
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Jawnys said:

how would an ssd improve your fps... 

Upgrading to SSD helps your fps (very slightly) because it makes faster the map load, it helps on huge open world.

Edited by Jimin Choi

Jawnys    3
Just now, Jimin Choi said:

Upgrading to SSD helps your fps (very slightly) because it makes faster the map load, it helps on huge open world.

ssd has nothing to do with fps, it has no gpu or cpu, you will load up faster, if you stutter because of page fille, you will stutter less, but it will not boost your maximum or minimum fps, with 16 gig of ram you should even noticed once you re game is loaded that your playing on ssd vs hdd

Jawnys    3

if i would be tibetbkn, i would get 16 gig of ram at 2133mhz and OC that i7 over 4 ghz, this could get him around 30-40 % performance increase

Jimin Choi    0
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Jawnys said:

ssd has nothing to do with fps, it has no gpu or cpu, you will load up faster, if you stutter because of page fille, you will stutter less, but it will not boost your maximum or minimum fps, with 16 gig of ram you should even noticed once you re game is loaded that your playing on ssd vs hdd

that is why I said very slightly maybe +3 or so for the open world game. When you play huge open world game, SSD helps to load faster for NPC, Monsters, everything. 

https://youtu.be/hRYmYjl4n5U

I know Its not really helping actual fps in the game, but it will decrease fps drop rather than HDD.

Edited by Jimin Choi

Jawnys    3

this video is irrelevant to the poster, its compares fps while recording in fraps, and since u have to copy while u record of course it ll be higher on a ssd ..., the original poster has not mention he will record

Jimin Choi    0
1 hour ago, Jawnys said:

this video is irrelevant to the poster, its compares fps while recording in fraps, and since u have to copy while u record of course it ll be higher on a ssd ..., the original poster has not mention he will record

I will fix my words, "Upgrading to SSD will help your gaming performance", is that work? 

FMRoyale    2
8 hours ago, Jawnys said:

when you stutter due to the lack of a ssd you will lose frames... so no... no less or more FPS on your rivia tuner. but you will get MORE frames per second in game.

6 hours ago, Jimin Choi said:

I will fix my words, "Upgrading to SSD will help your gaming performance", is that work? 

and i hope this will satisfy his grumpiness :)

On 7/17/2017 at 8:09 AM, Ky-Zo said:

So you're basically just going to ignore everyone who's said that have had a huge increase in performance by adding another 8gb?

Don't tell someone to stop spreading 'misinformation' when it's been seen throughout the forums as a valid upgrade. 

No, I'm not going to ignore them, I'm actually acknowledging them head on and saying that what they are saying is bullshit. 

And to Redzone Victim, you are also bullshit. Spewing out misinformation, it's actually quite annoying to read that and know others out there are going to read that too and believe it. I know of no game that is even able to utilize more than 8gb of RAM, so why you reccommend 16gb of 2133mhz is beyond me. You will be much better off allocating your money to dual channel 8gb of higher frequency RAM which can read memory FASTER, which is what matters for gaming. But even then it does not make too much of a difference unless you have a processor like Ryzen. 

Please look it up the information is free, go educate yourself.