BuildThatWall

Two shots point blank with shotty and I die (VIDEO)

Eskareon    13
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kringe7 said:

Moral of the story is don't start blaming the game because you hit 1/6 of your two shotgun blasts.  If you lands 2 full hits to the chest and he still doesn't die, that's when the game is BSing you.  

For the record, I am completely okay with the game not rewarding hits when you miss client-side.  However, that requires that the netcode be pretty fool-proof, otherwise you're asking players to forego basic eye-hand coordination and adaptation.  When you've got desync issues as significant as this game does, it's completely normal and natural for players to inherently compensate for what they see happening on their screens.  When you have shots hitting you after you take cover, when you have your shots registering moments after you shoot someone, you should be expected to compensate for that delay.

The problem with a shoddy netcode is that there's virtually no way to adapt.  Most times, you'll be able to shoot right on target and get your hits.  But then there will be some times where you mysteriously get hits by leading the target more than you normally would have.  Or maybe you didn't get those hits, maybe those hits were your previous bullets registering a half second later?  Or maybe there's desync with the enemy's movement and you did hit him according to the server.  Or, or, or.

Everyone is so desperate to point out when people in videos miss and put full blame on them, but they ignore so many other ridiculous netcode issues in the same video.  Look at these frames.  Go find these timestamps and watch frame by frame for yourself.  In the first one, the enemy is CLEARLY not shooting anywhere near this guy.  But we see a little spray and, oops, next frame, full on hit while still not aiming anywhere near the OP. 

Third frame: the shotgun blast everyone is panting over, saying the OP clearly missed.  We see what actually looks like blood coming out of his target, but maybe it's the OP's blood?  Hanging in the air after being shot by a guy who isn't even pointing at him?  Is it?  Maybe?  WHO KNOWS.  But let's look at where the OP just fired his blast, and let's look at the very next frame...

...WHADDYA KNOW, THE WALL DUST DOESN'T MATCH WHERE HE SHOT.  Morever, where the blast is sure does make it seem like his pellets would have had to travel through the dude's gun/hands to hit the wall there.

Again, I'm not saying the game shouldn't care about where you shoot.  But we can't pretend that's the end of the argument when the game isn't even showing us what's really happening.  Sometimes it's so bad I feel like I'm playing circa 2001, 1.3 Counter-Strike.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Edited by Eskareon

xTekx    141
9 minutes ago, TommyJackal said:

So you are complaining about the people who complain about the people who complain about the complain

And the circle of gaming forum life continues.

LoManiac    3
On 7/16/2017 at 1:35 PM, BuildThatWall said:

look at this game.  Two shots POINT BLANK to a guy with no helmet and vest.  blood splatter.  I die to a guy who's glitching around moving left and right teleporting.  

23 hours ago, Merrill35 said:

First shot is high upper right shoulder, maybe a 1/3rd of the pellets hit him def not a kill shot. Second shot is a miss, no splatter just dust and stuff from the wall. Also where is the teleporting?  

I agree with this guy. 

Plus, he had a helmet and armor.

IMG_1135.PNG

IMG_1136.PNG

arcticnerd    11

Shotguns in this game have the spread of birdshot but only fire 12 gauge number of pellets (7 instead of 100). The spread needs to be decreased so that the shots will feel less random. 

havocide    32

You clipped the shoulder 1st shot, completely missed the 2nd shot, youtube 25% speed is your friend.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Merrill35 said:

Third shot was a hit,  you're correct. it was again upper right, mostly hit the guys shoulder/arm(which deals less dmg). Just not quite enough to kill him. No desync here

I think this is mostly correct.

On the shot that connects, I'd say roughly 60% of the reticle is over the player's body (the rest is just the gun barrel). Since each shotgun shell has 9 pellets in PUBG, it's fairly safe to assume that, at most, this shot only landed 6 out of 9 pellets. And according to this data, you'd need 8 of 9 pellets in order to kill a player at full health with a Level 2 vest, which is the case here.

Disclaimer: No one in their right mind would deny that this game has major issues with lag and desync that will often result in frustrating CQC and rage inducing death. I'm just offering a possible explanation for the specific scenario I see in this particular video.

Capture.PNG

Edited by TricksForMoney

TommyJackal    2
3 hours ago, TricksForMoney said:

I think this is mostly correct.

On the shot that connects, I'd say roughly 60% of the reticle is over the player's body (the rest is just the gun barrel). Since each shotgun shell has 9 pellets in PUBG, it's fairly safe to assume that, at most, this shot only landed 6 out of 9 pellets. And according to this data, you'd need 8 of 9 pellets in order to kill a player at full health with a Level 2 vest, which is the case here.

Disclaimer: No one in their right mind would deny that this game has major issues with lag and desync that will often result in frustrating CQC and rage inducing death. I'm just offering a possible explanation for the specific scenario I see in this particular video.

Capture.PNG

I think it should be a kill. IF... IF the spread is even, i would say she got a few bullets in the head too. Mostly in the chest. Anyway, i think shotghuns sucks in this game. all of her torso is inside the crosshair... 
I will start recording all the BS i get in this game. So the Devs see what a joke it is right now.

Pr0fessa    7
13 hours ago, Merrill35 said:

Third shot was a hit,  you're correct. it was again upper right, mostly hit the guys shoulder/arm(which deals less dmg). Just not quite enough to kill him. No desync here

Negative. 3rd shot hit him in the neck/left side of face/ and left shoulder. That should have at least knocked his helmet off at a minimum. The hitbox for the head is all of the head, face included.
This game just needs a lot of work. Ive notice in the last 3-4 days hit registration has gotten a little worse and ive noticed some more desync. 

Pr0fessa    7
On 7/16/2017 at 1:35 PM, BuildThatWall said:

look at this game.  Two shots POINT BLANK to a guy with no helmet and vest.  blood splatter.  I die to a guy who's glitching around moving left and right teleporting.  

Well, I love this game. But i also know it has its flaws.

All the people who are saying that "you hit his shoulder" or "not all the pellets hit" are just die-hards for this game. 
Its an awesome game and has its ups and downs and there are many, many things that need to be fixed. 

However, the 1st shot was his head, neck, and shoulder. With no helmet that should have been a kill shot. 
So maybe only 3-4 of the pellets hit his head (since people say all the shotgun rounds have 9 pellets) 
So what, that's a minimum of 3-4 pellets hitting someone in the head with NO helmet on. 
Do you know how big a 12 gauge pellet is? It ain't no airsoft BB. That would be an instant kill. 

The hitbox for the head is all of the head, face, neck. 
They just need to fix the desync, server and client lag. Its early access so of course there are going to be things that happen that shouldn't. But that's why its early access. For them to figure it out. Rome wasn't built in a day. 

TommyJackal    2
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Pr0fessa said:

Negative. 3rd shot hit him in the neck/left side of face/ and left shoulder. That should have at least knocked his helmet off at a minimum. The hitbox for the head is all of the head, face included.
This game just needs a lot of work. Ive notice in the last 3-4 days hit registration has gotten a little worse and ive noticed some more desync. 

Amen, someone that have brains and opinion. That is correct my friend, at least the vest or helmet should have gone. And i will not even point out that she was aiming at the wall. ( oops)

Edited by TommyJackal

Optional    60
23 hours ago, xTekx said:

It's always the games fault why someone gets killed. It's never the players fault for why they got killed. Someone cheated, the game cheated me. It's never they got out played, it's never they made a bad decision.

Everything is BS! Everything I tell ya! No way he should have shot me! No way I missed that shot! None! 

While I see where you're coming from...it doesn't apply to this game.

90% of the time I'm dead or downed is:

1. I'm well behind cover, or getting shot inside a blue crate by someone who can't even see the crate. lmao.

2. Bursted down in the blink of an eye by a UMP while I'm wearing level 3 armor (??? and have no durability loss when I'm saved by a teammate..)

3. My car randomly explodes because it hit a fence I should be able to drive through.

1/10 deaths I'll legitimately be like "Damn, nice play." This game is janky as fuck. 

Kringe7    123
17 hours ago, TommyJackal said:

I think it should be a kill. IF... IF the spread is even, i would say she got a few bullets in the head too. Mostly in the chest. Anyway, i think shotghuns sucks in this game. all of her torso is inside the crosshair... 
I will start recording all the BS i get in this game. So the Devs see what a joke it is right now.

It's called spread for a reason.  They could appear anywhere inside the circle, and it's never going to be even.  That's not how things work on such a limited number of pellets.  And third person ADS is absolutely terrible, especially in close range.  Wayyyyy too many examples of how third person camera ruins CQC in many situations to ignore that variable.  

• Like 1

Kringe7    123
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, TommyJackal said:

Apologies, that was my mix up.  Edited for correction.

Edited by Kringe7

xTekx    141
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Optional said:

While I see where you're coming from...it doesn't apply to this game.

90% of the time I'm dead or downed is:

1. I'm well behind cover, or getting shot inside a blue crate by someone who can't even see the crate. lmao.

2. Bursted down in the blink of an eye by a UMP while I'm wearing level 3 armor (??? and have no durability loss when I'm saved by a teammate..)

3. My car randomly explodes because it hit a fence I should be able to drive through.

1/10 deaths I'll legitimately be like "Damn, nice play." This game is janky as fuck. 

It doesn't apply to this game? Yes it does. Someone makes a bad play and a lot of players will instantly blame some BS thing like hackers, desync, lag, hit reg, whatever excuse they want to use. It happens in ALL games, this game is certainly no exception. Lots of games cannot accept that they made a mistake, that their actions were the direct result of their losing.

I feel you're exaggerating by an extreme margin as well. While there are games where BS happens due to one of the reasons above, 90% of the time I can think back on what happen and realize it was my fault. I left some of my body in a position that someone had an angle to shoot me from. Or I realize there is someone to my slight left that I never saw and they gunned me down. So if 90% of my games can be explained, why is it so many other people have all these problems when it doesn't happen to me? Tells me they are not assessing their game play very well. And that is not to say BS stuff does NOT happen. Just that I don't think it happens on the scale that people make it out to be.

In over 200 hours in this game I could say I have legitimate BS how the eff did that happen moments maybe once or twice a week. Last night seemed to be an exception to the rule in that I had 3 back to back rounds that made me question my sanity. Of those three I can put one definitively down to desync (or lagging hit box possibly). Another one I need to look at the video again but felt something was suspicious, but could be I left a piece of my shoulder showing to the guy. And the third one was either a hacker or a team of 3 in Duo mode. I'm not sure which, but after watching the video recording can only come to those two conclusions.

Last night was an anomaly with those three rounds back to back. After those rounds things were fine again. I bet when I play again tomorrow night things will be fine as well.

Edited by xTekx

Merrill35    23
8 minutes ago, xTekx said:

It doesn't apply to this game? Yes it does. Someone makes a bad play and a lot of players will instantly blame some BS thing like hackers, desync, lag, hit reg, whatever excuse they want to use. It happens in ALL games, this game is certainly no exception. Lots of games cannot accept that they made a mistake, that their actions were the direct result of their losing.

I feel you're exaggerating by an extreme margin as well. While there are games where BS happens due to one of the reasons above, 90% of the time I can think back on what happen and realize it was my fault. I left some of my body in a position that someone had an angle to shoot me from. Or I realize there is someone to my slight left that I never saw and they gunned me down. So if 90% of my games can be explained, why is it so many other people have all these problems when it doesn't happen to me? Tells me they are not assessing their game play very well. And that is not to say BS stuff does NOT happen. Just that I don't think it happens on the scale that people make it out to be.

In over 200 hours in this game I could say I have legitimate BS how the eff did that happen moments maybe once or twice a week. Last night seemed to be an exception to the rule in that I had 3 back to back rounds that made me question my sanity. Of those three I can put one definitively down to desync (or lagging hit box possibly). Another one I need to look at the video again but felt something was suspicious, but could be I left a piece of my shoulder showing to the guy. And the third one was either a hacker or a team of 3 in Duo mode. I'm not sure which, but after watching the video recording can only come to those two conclusions.

Last night was an anomaly with those three rounds back to back. After those rounds things were fine again. I bet when I play again tomorrow night things will be fine as well.

I agree, I use shadowplay so I can easily see the last 5min or so of my deaths and 95% of the time I could spot the REASON why something happened. Not once have I came across an instance where I felt the game screwed me(Besides RNG of course lol). Also between my hours and the hours I have put into watchin a variety of streamers play this game have I ever seen one of them actually blame the game for their deaths. a lot of them will actually point out their own mistakes. Ive never seen summit1g, Shorty, Anthony_Kongphan complain about desync or hit reg problems. 

TommyJackal    2
4 minutes ago, Merrill35 said:

I agree, I use shadowplay so I can easily see the last 5min or so of my deaths and 95% of the time I could spot the REASON why something happened. Not once have I came across an instance where I felt the game screwed me(Besides RNG of course lol). Also between my hours and the hours I have put into watchin a variety of streamers play this game have I ever seen one of them actually blame the game for their deaths. a lot of them will actually point out their own mistakes. Ive never seen summit1g, Shorty, Anthony_Kongphan complain about desync or hit reg problems. 

Yes summit1g DID complain about it many times. But he just one between millions  and i dont care if he is a streamer or not, actually the fact that he is a streamer is a bad fact when it comes down to complain about things. Would look like a weak loser and you know... Ninja in the other hand called this game a JOKE... and i think right now he is right.

Dear xTekx why are you a shine knight aways prepared to defend this game? The fact that it only happens (SO IT HAPPENS !!!) to you a few times means it only happens to other ppl a few times? IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

What i wanna say is:

If so many people complain about the issue that DO EXIST, its because THEY DONT F*** TRUST THE GAME MECHANICS. AND THEY SHOULD NOT TRUST.

The problem is not people complaining, actually its a sintome that the game  cant be trusted and lead people to aways wonder if they died due to a mistake or a BUG. Wich is totally frustranting. 

25 minutes ago, xTekx said:

You are right m8, EVEN if you died due to your mistake the fact that you aways wonder if you died fairly or not SUCKS, not trusting the game SUCKS and its Bluehole´s Fault, they brought it upon themselfs

obs: sry about the english, not my main language.

xTekx    141
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TommyJackal said:

You are right m8, EVEN if you died due to your mistake the fact that you aways wonder if you died fairly or not SUCKS, not trusting the game SUCKS and its Bluehole´s Fault, they brought it upon themselfs

First off, I never stated what you quoted. Not sure why you put my name into that quote when it wasn't me.

Second. Why is it Bluehole's fault that someone got killed and they didn't know where the shooter was? Why do you think Bluehole needs to hold the hands of players? Players need to grow up and learn to critique themselves and stop blaming everything else for their mistakes.

Dear xTekx why are you a shine knight aways prepared to defend this game? The fact that it only happens (SO IT HAPPENS !!!) to you a few times means it only happens to other ppl a few times? IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

I like this game. I have fun playing this game. I also know it can be cruel, unforgiving and cold hearted. I also know when I die it's almost always my fault... I missed my shot, I poked my head up from that rock to shoot when I shouldn't have, I ran across the field instead of moving along the ridge, I moved when I should have stayed put, I camped when I should have moved. Why is it I don't seem to experience these issues very often if they happen with such great frequency?

I also know there are bugs that need to be fixed, and some aspects of gameplay that needs to be tweaked. But I also know the game is still in development and don't cry like a 2 year old who had their toy taken away if I encounter something that shouldn't happen and I end up dead because of it.

Just look at this thread as an example of people not understanding their gameplay and why something happened or didn't happen.

If so many people complain about the issue that DO EXIST, its because THEY DONT F*** TRUST THE GAME MECHANICS. AND THEY SHOULD NOT TRUST.

The problem is not people complaining, actually its a sintome that the game  cant be trusted and lead people to aways wonder if they died due to a mistake or a BUG. Wich is totally frustranting. 

If so many people don't trust the game mechanics, then why are they playing the game? It's not Bluehole's job to hold players hands. The mechanics are pretty good in my opinion. Some tweaks here and there are needed, but the mechanics are pretty good.

Edited by xTekx

Hoss    0

neither shot was very good and on target. Sure it looks like they could be at normal speed but if you slow it down and go frame by frame it is very easy to see both shots were very much off target.

I also find it funny how people think just because it's a shotty and it's close range it should automatically be 1 shot or even 2 shot kills. So I guess by that logic sniper hits should be 1 shot or 2 shot kills every time if they are more than x meters away.

Eskareon    13

The netcode doesn't affect everyone equally. That is one of the fundamental problems with having a really bad one like PUBG does.  Saying your game is just fine and you never have issues doesn't contradict what other players experience.  If anything, it adds to their point: that while players like you have no problem with registry,  they have to pray to RNGJeebus every firefight. 

Mooshoo    1

while it looks like you missed one of the shots, the shotguns in this game are not reliable at all and are just RNG.

On 7/17/2017 at 5:44 AM, TricksForMoney said:

I understand this game is frustrating, especially in close quarters combat, but if you slow this down and watch frame by frame you will see that nothing fishy is going on in this particular scenario. I've attached screenshots below.

Assuming the four outer points on the reticle represent pellet spread, the first shot is a partial hit and the second shot is basically a complete whiff that hits the back wall. 

shot1.PNG

shot2.PNG

First shot is right arm/shoulder.  Maybe 1-2 pellets.  Second shot does appear to make some contact, but it was pretty far right.  Again, maybe 1-2 pellets.  Looks like a level 2 vest on.  Not sure what effect that has in this situation.  They are not direct chest 6 pellet shots.

mart1n1    47

oh the people saying the OP missed the target.

IT'S A SHOTGUN AT POINT BLANK, PEOPLE!!!

the other guy had no helmet.

both shots hit the target.

the first was even a headshot!

Kringe7    123
15 hours ago, mart1n1 said:

oh the people saying the OP missed the target.

IT'S A SHOTGUN AT POINT BLANK, PEOPLE!!!

the other guy had no helmet.

both shots hit the target.

the first was even a headshot!

Point blank shotgun blast where 3/4 the reticle wasn't even on the target the first shot, and the second shot was a even less, if it all. Dude took maybe a couple pellets of that shotgun blast.  .25 youtube speed is your friend.