BuildThatWall

Two shots point blank with shotty and I die (VIDEO)

look at this game.  Two shots POINT BLANK to a guy with no helmet and vest.  blood splatter.  I die to a guy who's glitching around moving left and right teleporting.  

infaCt    1

yeah, you can't take this game serious in close range fights at the moment...

Especially when you look up to the players alive count (94) so it's just super desync and laggy at all...

• Like 1

Merrill35    23

First shot is high upper right shoulder, maybe a 1/3rd of the pellets hit him def not a kill shot. Second shot is a miss, no splatter just dust and stuff from the wall. Also where is the teleporting?  

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Merrill35 said:

First shot is high upper right shoulder, maybe a 1/3rd of the pellets hit him def not a kill shot. Second shot is a miss, no splatter just dust and stuff from the wall. Also where is the teleporting?  

really? lol 

36 minutes ago, Merrill35 said:

lmao my marker is right on this head dude and i shot him literally point blank with the shotgun with blood and now you claim I didn't hit him. second shot there is splatter if you look.  

• Like 1

Merrill35    23

Cool thing about youtube is you can use the > and < buttons to go frame by frame. First shot was upper left in his shoulder and second shot was a miss, the red you see on the second shot is your own blood splatter.

• Like 1

Nemesis    26

People will always try to out-explain the obvious :D.

Close quarters is just rubbish full stop. It amplifies both the problem of bad hit reg and armour seemingly doing nothing. It's especially funny when one guy in a house manages to down your whole squad of 4 with a double barrel. The chances of all 4 people having complete potato aim are slim. Possible of course but the odds are massively against the person who has to reload after every 2 shots. Unless of course he's using the magic dodge technique.

• Like 3

Bleu42    1
Posted (edited)

Yep first shot was a half hit, and you missed the second shot. 

Edit; put it at .5 speed and watch again. Your second shot actually goes past him to his left, and any splatter you think you see is yourself being shot by the person on the right. 

Edited by Bleu42

Eskareon    7

Fanboys:  "Well the reason you got killed after you were completely behind impenetrable cover is because of latency desync which is totally a normal and acceptable things for games so you just have to compensate for the fact that what you see on your monitor isn't what is always happening server-side."

Also Fanboys: "WELL IF YOU SLOW DOWN YOUR VIDEO YOU WILL SEE THAT YOU MISSED BY PRECISELY 2.37 MILLIMETERS SO CLEARLY WHAT HAPPENED ON YOUR SCREEN WAS PERFECTLY REPLICATED IN THE GAME AS IT IS ALWAYS AND FOREVER SO LEARN TO AIM SCRUB GGKTHNXBBQ"

• Like 3

Quasispec    112

You should really just consider yourself lucky that so many weapons had spawned in by this point in the game. You should be complaining about hit registration using a revolver for what I've been seeing lately. :P

OpA_Calypse    23
3 hours ago, Eskareon said:

Fanboys:  "Well the reason you got killed after you were completely behind impenetrable cover is because of latency desync which is totally a normal and acceptable things for games so you just have to compensate for the fact that what you see on your monitor isn't what is always happening server-side."

Also Fanboys: "WELL IF YOU SLOW DOWN YOUR VIDEO YOU WILL SEE THAT YOU MISSED BY PRECISELY 2.37 MILLIMETERS SO CLEARLY WHAT HAPPENED ON YOUR SCREEN WAS PERFECTLY REPLICATED IN THE GAME AS IT IS ALWAYS AND FOREVER SO LEARN TO AIM SCRUB GGKTHNXBBQ"

It is still early access, read the devs posts on fb, steam, this forum etc.

But I can understand that more realism can cause frustration for players who think that "close enough" counts as a head shot. It's not COD (which by now I think is boring, thanks to pubg).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eskareon said:

i see what you did there my friend haha

bend0r    2

in my first view with naked eye i saw::

first shot is a "upper" hit - so not all pellets hit

second shot missed ... your blood is "splattering" there ^_^

teleporting? i see only a guy running around like a rabbit on dope and shooting with ump ^^

close combat is just gambling especially with shotgun ... everyone means "uh an enemy ... just aim nearly to him shotgun will kill him" ... but this doesnt work if you dont aim clearly and only half or quarter of the pellets hit ... if you use an UMP in CC you can spray a whole mag ... you see what i mean with gambling? ;) If the shotgun shots does not hit or only partial an UMP will kill you usually because you wont have a chance to reload and shoot again

just my 2 cents ;)

Posted (edited)

I understand this game is frustrating, especially in close quarters combat, but if you slow this down and watch frame by frame you will see that nothing fishy is going on in this particular scenario. I've attached screenshots below.

Assuming the four outer points on the reticle represent pellet spread, the first shot is a partial hit and the second shot is basically a complete whiff that hits the back wall. 

shot1.PNG

shot2.PNG

Edited by TricksForMoney
  • Like 4

Merrill35    23
26 minutes ago, Sar_Luk said:

I need somebody to explain me this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7xXJB3GWGQ

This happened yesterday while i was playing with my spanish friend. Just explain me this shit. Wallhack? or?

Ummm, That does indeed look fishy. Im not sure if there was just bad desync or if he was indeed hacking. You was def behind cover 

Kringe7    123
8 hours ago, Eskareon said:

As for the first statement, it's that this game is in EA, which is a beta program, the Devs stated they are aware of the issue as it's an issue with UE4 and they're actively working on it.  We've also seen leaps and bounds of improvements on stability and consistent FPS across the board.  Just because some people don't see the result doesn't mean that represents the majority.  

As for the second, that's not at all how this is.  The shelf clearly ate the majority of those pellets on his screen, so at the very least his client(Which is the the important part because this game bases it's information off client side verification) thinks that he whiffed at least 2/3 of his first shot, and was nowhere even close on his second shot.  So best case scenario he was lagging and his client was preferred for the fight, which would result in whiffing the fight entirely.  Worst case scenario that other guy was lagging more and his client was preferred, but that still gives us 0 reason to suspect he hit him because he would have been trying to aim at where the guy used to be and not where he actually was.

Moral of the story is don't start blaming the game because you hit 1/6 of your two shotgun blasts.  If you lands 2 full hits to the chest and he still doesn't die, that's when the game is BSing you.  

• Like 1

Merrill35    23
4 minutes ago, Kringe7 said:

As for the first statement, it's that this game is in EA, which is a beta program, the Devs stated they are aware of the issue as it's an issue with UE4 and they're actively working on it.  We've also seen leaps and bounds of improvements on stability and consistent FPS across the board.  Just because some people don't see the result doesn't mean that represents the majority.  

As for the second, that's not at all how this is.  The shelf clearly ate the majority of those pellets on his screen, so at the very least his client(Which is the the important part because this game bases it's information off client side verification) thinks that he whiffed at least 2/3 of his first shot, and was nowhere even close on his second shot.  So best case scenario he was lagging and his client was preferred for the fight, which would result in whiffing the fight entirely.  Worst case scenario that other guy was lagging more and his client was preferred, but that still gives us 0 reason to suspect he hit him because he would have been trying to aim at where the guy used to be and not where he actually was.

Moral of the story is don't start blaming the game because you hit 1/6 of your two shotgun blasts.  If you lands 2 full hits to the chest and he still doesn't die, that's when the game is BSing you.  

Exactly, I dont blindly defend this game, There are defiantly some issues. But some people think they hit shots but when you slow it down you can clearly see whats actually happening. I use Shadowplay and rewatch a lot of my deaths, especially when I feel like my shots should have been landing and I have yet to see a moment where I thought the game screwed. I either missed by a milometer or just by a mile. Its why I try to tell everyone to use a program to record and rewatch stuff in slow motion/speed because it helps me understand more of why I'm missing  

Kringe7    123
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Merrill35 said:

Exactly, I dont blindly defend this game, There are defiantly some issues. But some people think they hit shots but when you slow it down you can clearly see whats actually happening. I use Shadowplay and rewatch a lot of my deaths, especially when I feel like my shots should have been landing and I have yet to see a moment where I thought the game screwed. I either missed by a milometer or just by a mile. Its why I try to tell everyone to use a program to record and rewatch stuff in slow motion/speed because it helps me understand more of why I'm missing  

Exactly.  I just blew a game, final 2 and this guy runs across an open field about 50m front of me and I used a tommy gun instead of my fully modded m416 so I whiffed 95% of my shots and he took to cover and blew me away.  I knew that was my fault for using the wrong weapon for the terrain and engagement, but it seems like a lot of people would rather just blame the game.  

Edited by Kringe7

Recluce    2

I find it strange that people sometimes post videos like this where they can just look at the footage in .25 speed and realize it wasn't a kill.  Even stranger the replies from people that can also look at the vid in .25 and see there was no kill calling out fan boy to anyone that did watch the vid in slow mo and saw the obvoius.

This game has issues of course.  EA does not equal perfect.  But that was not even close to a kill.  I would be shocked if he was below half health. 

• Like 1

ratpak    14
51 minutes ago, Sar_Luk said:

I need somebody to explain me this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7xXJB3GWGQ

This happened yesterday while i was playing with my spanish friend. Just explain me this shit. Wallhack? or?

this one is easy.  The building didn't render for the other player and he was able to see you and shoot through the walls.  I had the same thing happen to me, where i was shot moving from room to room and finally died in the bathroom.  I was later able to confirm this when I came upon some buildings that did not fully render for me.  I saw a player prone in the building and I was able to shoot him ( I did not kill him that would have been sucky) so I left the area

• Like 2

DirtFarmer    33

I love how people say "you're going to get banned"... camon guys.  they aren't cheating, its just a buggy AF game...  The buildings in the video often don't render for one of our squad mates. I've seen him wipe a squad there. I don't get why his doesn't render but ours does...

TommyJackal    2
Posted (edited)

Does not matter how much prove you have, they will aways say you missed the shot, or something about lag... The crazy thing is: SO MANY PPL COMPLANING ABOUT IT.
I see things like that happening to me every game, no joke. The Third shot... if that was not a hit i dont know how ppl die in this game, cuz for sure is not by getting shot at the chest with a saiga. I took a video today lets see what they will say:

Edited by TommyJackal

Merrill35    23
13 minutes ago, TommyJackal said:

Does not matter how much prove you have, they will aways say you missed the shot, or something about lag... The crazy thing is: SO MANY PPL COMPLANING ABOUT IT.
I see things like that happening to me every game, no joke. The Third shot... if that was not a hit i dont know how ppl die in this game, cuz for sure is not by getting shot at the chest with a saiga. I took a video today lets see what they will say:

Third shot was a hit,  you're correct. it was again upper right, mostly hit the guys shoulder/arm(which deals less dmg). Just not quite enough to kill him. No desync here

xTekx    119

It's always the games fault why someone gets killed. It's never the players fault for why they got killed. Someone cheated, the game cheated me. It's never they got out played, it's never they made a bad decision.

Everything is BS! Everything I tell ya! No way he should have shot me! No way I missed that shot! None! 

• Like 1