fenderc1

Certain ISPs (ie: DirecPath & Gigamonster) keep players from joining games

fenderc1    0

So to preference this, I posted the below earlier today but have done loads of research on what it could be.  I started seeing this common ISP provider pop up that I use as well, DirecPath, so now I'm reposting what I did earlier today.  I'm wondering why is DirecPath/Gigamonster keeping us from being able to enter the game, and if anyone else who uses these 2 ISP are having the same issues or if you aren't at all.

Bug Description:
Game loads up to the main screen no problem when initiated and begins the loading screen into a match with no problem.  Once the game begins loading in the lobby area with the crashed plane, it freezes up completely.  Sometimes it loads up my character, the characters around me & backgrounds (water/trees), but my character can't move and the other characters aren't moving as well.  The water and trees in the background though are moving naturally.  The image below is an example of what it loads up sometimes whenever it doesn't load up my character/other players.

Annoying.png

Date Seen:
7/16/17-current

Server: 
Not on the Test server.

Troubleshooting Attempted:

1. Updating windows & drivers up to date.
  2. Verifying the integrity of the game on steam
  3. Installing on HDD & uninstalling, then reinstalling on SSD which contains the OS.
  4. Running steam as admin
  5. Disabling Windows Defender
  6. Disabling Firewall
  7. Disabling all Antivirus
  8. Manually starting BattleEye
  9. CC Cleaner
  10. Tried playing with graphics settings
  11. Downloaded reshader pack
  12. Restarting computer
  13. Running switching from both wireless to wired

Other Information:
Initially, I was getting a "Steam can't Initialize" error message when loading into the main menu, but I fixed that when updating windows/drivers.  I've had other issues with multiplayer Early Access games as well specifically Conan Exiles, so it very well could be something with my PC. 

Launch Options:
No specific

System Specifications:
Operating System: Windows 10
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
CPU: i7-4790K
Ram: G. Skill Ripjaw (2x8GB)

Have you tried using a VPN? If it is an ISP issue, would need to confirm you can still connect to the servers.

crajeejosh    0
1 hour ago, PUBG_Slyvinlisha said:

Have you tried using a VPN? If it is an ISP issue, would need to confirm you can still connect to the servers.

I have an issue where I switched my service from 350 mbs XFINITY to 1 gig Service XFINITY and now I can't get into any games. I have already reported multiple times but no developers or mods responding to multiple people reporting this issue and threads on this. Even the original thread was deleted. Please do not try to sweep this under the rug as I see high potential in this game and do not want this game ruined by money hungry executives.

Sparta    0

I, too, have experienced this since upgrading to xfinity gigabit (from xfinity 250mbit). All the other threads I've found have been archived with zero response anywhere from devs or support. This is real damn obnoxious. I've tried playing through a vpn, but that then adds random lag that makes fighting in the game more difficult. 

Sparta    0
Posted (edited)

About 15% of the time it'll load (under normal conditions), and the game is loading me in to the game (and I see people moving around, I hear people talking, etc) -- it just leaves me in the staging area when the plane part starts. 

I made a thread in Connection Issues:

Edited by Sparta

xxpure    0

I can confirm, I'm on Direcpath (GIGAMONSTER) internet.  I have similar issues to this.  The game will load in, but the connection is unstable.  Constant rubberbanding and lag spikes.  Literally unplayable.  All textures load along with players, however, the count down clock skips down by 2-4 seconds and the zone clock will do the same eventually leading to a disconnect.  100/10MBPS

fenderc1    0
11 hours ago, Sparta said:

I, too, have experienced this since upgrading to xfinity gigabit (from xfinity 250mbit). All the other threads I've found have been archived with zero response anywhere from devs or support. This is real damn obnoxious. I've tried playing through a vpn, but that then adds random lag that makes fighting in the game more difficult. 

Yeah, I agree.  I spent hours on Sunday trying to figure out what was wrong changing this and that but nothing worked.  After spending a lot of time googling stuff I luckily stumbled upon posts of people with the same ISP and it started to make sense.  Thankfully, my apt complex offers Google Fiber as of a few months ago and this was the kind of the final nail in the coffin for DirecPath.  The only reason why we used it is because it basically comes free with our apt.  So hopefully it works with 1000MBPS of Google Fiber...

Punderino    0
On 7/17/2017 at 6:24 PM, crajeejosh said:

I have an issue where I switched my service from 350 mbs XFINITY to 1 gig Service XFINITY and now I can't get into any games. I have already reported multiple times but no developers or mods responding to multiple people reporting this issue and threads on this. Even the original thread was deleted. Please do not try to sweep this under the rug as I see high potential in this game and do not want this game ruined by money hungry executives.

Yup, I did exactly what you did, I haven't been able to play after getting gigabit through XFINITY.

Rakkinshu    0

So i currently have this issue, i figured out that you can login to your admin console (xfinity  console) and go to advanced and then DMZ. enable it and enter you ip adress. this allows you to put your ip in front of the router, this is however not so good because it is not as protected, it does allow you to play the game though. it's an issue with the router not accepting the servers request.

Edited by Rakkinshu

crajeejosh    0
On 7/21/2017 at 1:49 PM, Rakkinshu said:

So i currently have this issue, i figured out that you can login to your admin console (xfinity  console) and go to advanced and then DMZ. enable it and enter you ip adress. this allows you to put your ip in front of the router, this is however not so good because it is not as protected, it does allow you to play the game though. it's an issue with the router not accepting the servers request.

tutorial how to do this specifically for pubg?

crajeejosh    0

So I figured out an alternative solution. Basically I added port forwarding to the new xfinity router which you can do through logging in xfinity account and then clicking the wireless router symbol. Click More and should show the options to port forward. Add port 80, 81, and 443 as TCP/UDP. 

image.png.642a00a715bca5de2d9bb437a15e2d53.png

image.png.a07d522fa600887a79f54424aa048073.png

image.png.56dc9593caf6ea27987060773e1e5030.png

image.png.b8e34c28204d25b716ff276b62345336.png

ADD YOUR DEVICE AND CLICK MANUAL SETUP

image.png.ea267be309627dfecdea23e4f0377fb8.png

image.png.c0d78cf6bea2063010696aba4f8cf7ae.png

**THIS STILL DOES NOT FIX FREEZING. BUT HELPS WITH FREEZING LESS. I GOT INTO 20 Games about and froze 5 times.

IF IT WORKS FOR YOUR REMEMBER TO FOLLOW ME ON TWITCH.TV/CRAJEEJOSH and let me know if it worked! I still think they need to address this issue because when I called Xfinity its their router blocking server requests from Game Servers. They did say we need advanced configurations, but if an admin can help with those directions it would be perfect.

Edited by crajeejosh