Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
arcticnerd

More outdoor loot

Recommended Posts

arcticnerd    11

There is a lot of camping and fights in buildings in this game. I think part of the problem is that basically all of the loot spans in buildings. If there were more outdoor loot spots and the outdoor loot was a little easier to find.The crashed plane needs some loot, the lumber mill and quarry needs more loot and their should be other outdoor locations with loot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jbwrecked    149
7 minutes ago, arcticnerd said:

There is a lot of camping and fights in buildings in this game. I think part of the problem is that basically all of the loot spans in buildings. If there were more outdoor loot spots and the outdoor loot was a little easier to find.The crashed plane needs some loot, the lumber mill and quarry needs more loot and their should be other outdoor locations with loot. 

I think I like this idea. Would definitely create more of a spread for the start of game. I can't really thing of any negative repercussions to this. I dig it though. Doesn't have to be an insane amount of loot, but maybe random patches near trees or something. Idk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quasispec    125

Except for oxidation this idea has merit. Really many of the places that are outdoors with loot get ignored, though. Both sets of ruins, quarry, lumbar mill...very rarely see people heading for them. The quality of the loot is junk, of course, which is part of the problem (I did run through the quarry recently and notice there was a few more spawns on top of boxes which was nice, nothing great loot wise though). I think the only popular outdoor loot spot I can think of off the top of my head besides George/Novo crates is the gun range and the gun range has been nothing but trash loot for months that I've seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Quasispec said:

Except for oxidation this idea has merit. Really many of the places that are outdoors with loot get ignored, though. Both sets of ruins, quarry, lumbar mill...very rarely see people heading for them. The quality of the loot is junk, of course, which is part of the problem (I did run through the quarry recently and notice there was a few more spawns on top of boxes which was nice, nothing great loot wise though). I think the only popular outdoor loot spot I can think of off the top of my head besides George/Novo crates is the gun range and the gun range has been nothing but trash loot for months that I've seen.

 

The Quarry is a pretty good place to get loot. You can get fully geared in duos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cuti8tushu    67

Good idea, think the only outside loot are picnic tables and log storage shack thingy

Sometimes I drop loot in the grass that I don't want enemies to use, but I don't think that counts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zPacKRat    4
2 hours ago, arcticnerd said:

 

 

46 minutes ago, Cuti8tushu said:

Sometimes I drop loot in the grass that I don't want enemies to use, but I don't think that counts. 

always do this with 4x,8x and silencers that I don't need. it's no different than shooting out the tires of jeeps and buggies. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ReploidGodX    2
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Quasispec said:

Except for oxidation this idea has merit. Really many of the places that are outdoors with loot get ignored, though. Both sets of ruins, quarry, lumbar mill...very rarely see people heading for them. The quality of the loot is junk, of course, which is part of the problem (I did run through the quarry recently and notice there was a few more spawns on top of boxes which was nice, nothing great loot wise though). I think the only popular outdoor loot spot I can think of off the top of my head besides George/Novo crates is the gun range and the gun range has been nothing but trash loot for months that I've seen.

Okay well even bringing up rust or oxidation as you put it doesn't fly well.  We're already expected to believe that all of the weapons we find are in perfect working order after however long they've been laying around not being maintained/cleaned.  ESPECIALLY with the ocean air all over the place.  I don't think that level of realism is a fair argument cause then all the weapons on the island would be subject to this argument which already doesn't work.

Edited by ReploidGodX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
arcticnerd    11
7 hours ago, Quasispec said:

Except for oxidation this idea has merit. Really many of the places that are outdoors with loot get ignored, though. Both sets of ruins, quarry, lumbar mill...very rarely see people heading for them. The quality of the loot is junk, of course, which is part of the problem (I did run through the quarry recently and notice there was a few more spawns on top of boxes which was nice, nothing great loot wise though). I think the only popular outdoor loot spot I can think of off the top of my head besides George/Novo crates is the gun range and the gun range has been nothing but trash loot for months that I've seen.

If we are going to go that realistic then I would assume whomever is dropping us on the island is also setting up all the weapons. I don't think they are supposed to be lying around for years or anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind more outdoor loot. Currently the only reason to be outside is to run/drive from house to house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×