Sign in to follow this  
arcticnerd

More outdoor loot

arcticnerd    11

There is a lot of camping and fights in buildings in this game. I think part of the problem is that basically all of the loot spans in buildings. If there were more outdoor loot spots and the outdoor loot was a little easier to find.The crashed plane needs some loot, the lumber mill and quarry needs more loot and their should be other outdoor locations with loot. 

Jbwrecked    149
7 minutes ago, arcticnerd said:

There is a lot of camping and fights in buildings in this game. I think part of the problem is that basically all of the loot spans in buildings. If there were more outdoor loot spots and the outdoor loot was a little easier to find.The crashed plane needs some loot, the lumber mill and quarry needs more loot and their should be other outdoor locations with loot. 

I think I like this idea. Would definitely create more of a spread for the start of game. I can't really thing of any negative repercussions to this. I dig it though. Doesn't have to be an insane amount of loot, but maybe random patches near trees or something. Idk

Quasispec    125

Except for oxidation this idea has merit. Really many of the places that are outdoors with loot get ignored, though. Both sets of ruins, quarry, lumbar mill...very rarely see people heading for them. The quality of the loot is junk, of course, which is part of the problem (I did run through the quarry recently and notice there was a few more spawns on top of boxes which was nice, nothing great loot wise though). I think the only popular outdoor loot spot I can think of off the top of my head besides George/Novo crates is the gun range and the gun range has been nothing but trash loot for months that I've seen.

27 minutes ago, Quasispec said:

Except for oxidation this idea has merit. Really many of the places that are outdoors with loot get ignored, though. Both sets of ruins, quarry, lumbar mill...very rarely see people heading for them. The quality of the loot is junk, of course, which is part of the problem (I did run through the quarry recently and notice there was a few more spawns on top of boxes which was nice, nothing great loot wise though). I think the only popular outdoor loot spot I can think of off the top of my head besides George/Novo crates is the gun range and the gun range has been nothing but trash loot for months that I've seen.

The Quarry is a pretty good place to get loot. You can get fully geared in duos.

Cuti8tushu    67

Good idea, think the only outside loot are picnic tables and log storage shack thingy

Sometimes I drop loot in the grass that I don't want enemies to use, but I don't think that counts. 

zPacKRat    4
2 hours ago, arcticnerd said:

46 minutes ago, Cuti8tushu said:

Sometimes I drop loot in the grass that I don't want enemies to use, but I don't think that counts. 

always do this with 4x,8x and silencers that I don't need. it's no different than shooting out the tires of jeeps and buggies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ReploidGodX    2
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Quasispec said:

Okay well even bringing up rust or oxidation as you put it doesn't fly well.  We're already expected to believe that all of the weapons we find are in perfect working order after however long they've been laying around not being maintained/cleaned.  ESPECIALLY with the ocean air all over the place.  I don't think that level of realism is a fair argument cause then all the weapons on the island would be subject to this argument which already doesn't work.

Edited by ReploidGodX

arcticnerd    11
7 hours ago, Quasispec said:

If we are going to go that realistic then I would assume whomever is dropping us on the island is also setting up all the weapons. I don't think they are supposed to be lying around for years or anything. 

I wouldn't mind more outdoor loot. Currently the only reason to be outside is to run/drive from house to house.