Sign in to follow this  
MaGicBush

Not able to seperate my son and my account?

MaGicBush    0
Posted (edited)

So I bought this a few days ago, and my son wants to play. I switched over to his steam name as I do with any other game we both play so he would have his own character and stats. It seems it still loads into my account even on his steam profile once in-game? Is there a way to change this so we can both play? I'd rather not have him on my account as it will ruin my stats.

Edited by MaGicBush

The shared game will always be connected to the main account. If you want your son to have his own, then you will need to buy the game for that Steam account.

MaGicBush    0
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PUBG_Slyvinlisha said:

The shared game will always be connected to the main account. If you want your son to have his own, then you will need to buy the game for that Steam account.

What why would I buy the game again when we are in the same house and I have only one PC lmao? This is horrible. Wish I knew this before I passed the 2 hour mark yesterday :(. First steam game I have seen do this(and I own over 165), and it feels like a very greedy move. I will keep this in mind with any future purchases from this developer.

Edited by MaGicBush

2 hours ago, MaGicBush said:

What why would I buy the game again when we are in the same house and I have only one PC lmao? This is horrible. Wish I knew this before I passed the 2 hour mark yesterday :(. First steam game I have seen do this(and I own over 165), and it feels like a very greedy move. I will keep this in mind with any future purchases from this developer.

Because family share has been known to be abused by the people. Hence the decision to no longer allow it. You may have one PC but you have two different accounts accessing the game.

It is not a greedy move, it's simply to cut down abuse of the system. Also, this is not only for PUBG. H1Z1, CS, Rust and R6 Siege are some other games that do not allow family sharing. Which are all from different developers ;)

Have a nice day.

MakingMC    0

Basically to put this into perspective. Imagine someone gets cheats for pubg, they get banned which is the proper thing to happen. But then, they just share the game with a new fresh account they just made. You don't want them just cheating again and again with no consequences do you?

Noxsa    0
15 minutes ago, MakingMC said:

Basically to put this into perspective. Imagine someone gets cheats for pubg, they get banned which is the proper thing to happen. But then, they just share the game with a new fresh account they just made. You don't want them just cheating again and again with no consequences do you?

would it not better that all games can do VAC bans, why ban a cheater in one game! just bloody ban them in all games current and future! once a cheater always a cheater. anyways on topic yea the few bastards that abused this system, ruined it for all legit people who use this system.

MakingMC    0
9 hours ago, Noxsa said:

would it not better that all games can do VAC bans, why ban a cheater in one game! just bloody ban them in all games current and future! once a cheater always a cheater. anyways on topic yea the few bastards that abused this system, ruined it for all legit people who use this system.

Only Valve made games can ban you from any Valve made game. Vac bans only block players from playing on official valve servers. Games like pubg can only give game-ban's which can be affected to any daybreak games (h1z1 & pubg)

Quasispec    125
1 hour ago, MakingMC said:

Only Valve made games can ban you from any Valve made game. Vac bans only block players from playing on official valve servers. Games like pubg can only give game-ban's which can be affected to any daybreak games (h1z1 & pubg)

VAC bans work on games that use VAC, some of which are not Valve games (but most are) and apply to Vac secured servers for that game and sometimes other games on the same engine. PUBG is made by Bluehole, not Daybreak.

MaGicBush    0
Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2017 at 10:31 PM, PUBG_Slyvinlisha said:

Because family share has been known to be abused by the people. Hence the decision to no longer allow it. You may have one PC but you have two different accounts accessing the game.

It is not a greedy move, it's simply to cut down abuse of the system. Also, this is not only for PUBG. H1Z1, CS, Rust and R6 Siege are some other games that do not allow family sharing. Which are all from different developers ;)

Have a nice day.

Ah well I do have CS, but he just plays on my account on that game as I don't really play it(I played that game before it was on Steam lol). I don't play many fps games anymore so I guess I am out of that loop. Then again we used to be able to play CS on a lan with 16 people on one copy and it was not frowned upon :P.

Edited by MaGicBush

Jiffylush    2

What does it matter if he plays on your account?

Are you worried about your rankings or afraid he is going to change your clothes?

Way too pre-occupied about this non-issue.

My advice, get your son his own PC and play Duo.  It's a blast.