Hawkinz

Low frame rate issues and game optimization

367 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

If you're having problems with low FPS, please use this thread to discuss it.

Please bear in mind that PLAYERUNKNOWN's BATTLEGROUNDS is currently at an early stage of development and as such, optimization for the game has only just begun.

Please be rest assured that for the whole period of early access, optimization of the game will be the number 1 priority for the PLAYERUNKNOWN's BATTLEGROUNDS team.

The current system requirements are below, these are subject to change over the early access period which is expected to run for the next 6 months.

FtMLugg.png

Check out this developer blog entry about upcoming optimization improvements to the game! Click HERE.

11_1490279310039.png

PU stated in an interview that they are looking into 'shadow caching'. That alone might give a great boost already. Maybe I'm naive but I thrust the developers.

Anybody else having these kind of issues where the game lags like all hell and the buildings look just like in this picture and you can't hardly get into them?

voi vittu....png

11 people like this

So watching streamers play this game all looks great, but when I play it, I drop down to 1 fps.... and max at around 32fps
WTF is going on? I thought this was unreal engine? 
My specs are 
FX 8350 @ 4GHZ
RX480 4GB
8GB RAM

I can nearly max crysis 3, run battlefield 1 and 99% of other games perfectly and you're telling me I can't play this game? 
I want my money back! So disappointed!

Also updated all my drivers, installed the game on SSD, nothing helps. Just one big disappointment. 
Guys don't buy unless you have a Core i7 7700K (minimum) and 2x GTX 1080Ti's which will probably land you a solid 80fps on average.

Posted (edited)

Not sure but... this is an Early Access Game its not done yet.. i have my settings all on low and textures on High and getting around 70 fps, just chill and wait for the next Updates http://playbattlegrounds.com/news/64.pu

Edited by Büffel

i7 6700k CPU 4.00GHz

16GB RAM

geforce GTX 1070 

and im getting no more than 50 fps........................tried the guides they didnt do shit 

Yup having this same issue at start of matches.  Also having issues during rain matches with big time frame drops making them difficult to play.  I am using the same exact settings I used during beta and never had these problems.  Will play with my graphic settings in the mean time...

Would it occur to anyone that mentioning your graphics settings besides your computer specs might actually be helpful?

53 minutes ago, Goodplayer said:

I hit the requirements by far, still low fps (40).

same as me? i have i7 4800, 2 gtx 770 sli 16gb ram and still cant get over 30fps? wtf

Hi there,

I know plenty of other people are having this issue as me, and I understand the game is in early access. However, the game is literally unplayable as I can barely get 20 fps. 

I meet the requirements for the game, and have all my settings on low. But I am constantly lagging, which makes the game unplayable.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to solve this problem? And when can we expect the game to be more optimized? 

Thanks in advanced. 

2 people like this

Could we get your specs instead of " I meet the requirements for the game " meeting requrements doesn't mean you will run game smoothly there is thing called Recommended you know which is not out yet

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, filomentor said:

i7 6700k CPU 4.00GHz

16GB RAM

geforce GTX 1070 

and im getting no more than 50 fps........................tried the guides they didnt do shit 

something is wrong with your setup .  I have i7 6700k 16gig ram and 1070 all stock no overclocks.  I can easily stay over 60 fps and mostly 70-80.  maxes about 120 in my case i don't find changing the graphics makes that big of a different in my fps to be honest.

Edited by b3e9

Graphics card:  Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics

CPU:  AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor

3.1 GHz

16 gb ram 

Windows 8 

1 person likes this

Game needs some serious optimization, input lag, interaction lag.

When is the game gonna be optimizated? 30$ is ok but atleast i wanna play 60 fps in all low! :(

2 minutes ago, nemerethhhhhh said:

When is the game gonna be optimizated? 30$ is ok but atleast i wanna play 60 fps in all low! :(

I feel your pain. I re-funded my copy of the game.

Rx 480 and i5 6600k here

my settings: 60-100fps

a011cbb649292c0cc51cb53cf4c61aed.png

3 people like this

As mentioned multiple times, optimization is the priority in early access. This is only day 1.

4 minutes ago, Slyvinlisha said:

As mentioned multiple times, optimization is the priority in early access. This is only day 1.

I'll bloody buy it when I can play it so don't worry. I just need to use that 30€ to buy my self some food right now.

1 person likes this

This game is a scam. FX 8350 8GB ram, rx480 and also get 20fps. 
Updated drivers, installed on SSD, I want my money back to be honest. SHHHH#@(T game

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, Fingazz said:

This game is a scam. FX 8350 8GB ram, rx480 and also get 20fps. 
Updated drivers, installed on SSD, I want my money back to be honest. SHHHH#@(T game

instead of crying why don't you go and refund it steam has refund option in support unless you played more than 2hours so crying won't solve anything

Just saying from beta -> Early access I am getting about 20 fps less in general

1 person likes this