Hawkinz

Low frame rate issues and game optimization

387 posts in this topic

I run about 20-30 fps, which i feel very weird with my specs.

SPECS:

MSI Nvidia 1060 6gb

Intel Core i5-4570

8GB RAM

And loads of disc storage.

My game had better fps before i got my 1060 6gb, i had an 760 2gb before.

My PC specs

GTX 1080

Intel I7 6800K OC'ed to 4.1GHz

32GB rams

my fps is always 60- FPS

i play on very low and im sure that vsync is off my friend has the same specs as me and he gets 100+ fps on high

tried all the things that can help but nothing worked, 

i need help

Hello Dom, it seems they will be working on the FPS issues in the next upcoming patches.

So first i played a lot of PUBG and i just had between 60-70 FPS on average but since yesterday its about 40-50 FPS and even gets to 25 while shooting. Anyone knows how to fix tthis?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, ImSimplyNameless said:

So first i played a lot of PUBG and i just had between 60-70 FPS on average but since yesterday its about 40-50 FPS and even gets to 25 while shooting. Anyone knows how to fix tthis?

It's very hard for anyone to suggest anything when you did not provide any background information like system specs :) Have you installed any updates since yesterday? Any software? Changed any game settings/Windows settings/launch options?

Use this template for starters :)

Edited by Aiiiiiiiii

Specs:

Motherboard: SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
CPU: AMD FX-9590 @ 4.72 GHz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 24GB
Video Card: EVGA GTX 970

Launch commands: -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc=system

I keep getting low fps and the game is not stable, I keep getting fps drops is there any up-to-date tweaks you people are using?

Hello Simply. If issue still persists after the update, best to make a bug report.

I have a top of the line system that I use to play all of my games. On battlegrounds, only 50% of my gpu and cpu are being used according to MSI afterburner and their temperatures don't pass 60 C. I get around 40 fps and get MAJOR stuttering to a point where the game is unplayable. Help? Specs are below:

i7-7700k

AORUS GTX 1080 TI

16 gb trident z ram

gigabyte z270x motherboard

1 tb SSD

4 minutes ago, stealthpanda305 said:

I have a top of the line system that I use to play all of my games. On battlegrounds, only 50% of my gpu and cpu are being used according to MSI afterburner and their temperatures don't pass 60 C. I get around 40 fps and get MAJOR stuttering to a point where the game is unplayable. Help? Specs are below:

i7-7700k

AORUS GTX 1080 TI

16 gb trident z ram

gigabyte z270x motherboard

1 tb SSD

Hi stealthpanda, welcome to the forums :) Take a look at this post and fill up the template you were supposed to use

Posted (edited)

What resolution are you running? settings? etc... PUBG is a very taxing game atm due to lack of opt. Thou more is coming on the 25th apparently. But atm if you are looking at (for example) 1440p ultra a 1080ti is only gonna net you around 50-70 atm, if you leave everything and drop shadows to medium you'll see a nice boost in fps. 

Edited by Nomad

Update:

The bug mainly is that the game constantly stutters whether I am at a big town or just running through a field./ Also, my GPU is not being used at 100% even though I am only getting around 40 fps or often much lower.

I started experiencing this right when I started playing, around may 5th or so.

This was not on the test server, it was on the regular one.

I tried changing all the settings I could on my PC that would optimize it for full power. My pc runs at 100% usage and gets high frame rates in all the other games I play, it only doesn't work in Battlegrounds.

I am currently playing on a 34 inch ultrawide monitor at 1440p. For some reason, when I reduce my graphics settings, my performance goes even lower frame rates wise. The higher my graphics I set, the better performance.

The current launch options I am using is this line: -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc=system -sm4

My system is overclocked right now, should I turn that off?

3 minutes ago, Nomad said:
3 minutes ago, Nomad said:

What resolution are you running? settings? etc... PUBG is a very taxing game atm due to lack of opt. Thou more is coming on the 25th apparently. But atm if you are looking at (for example) 1440p ultra a 1080ti is only gonna net you around 50-70 atm, if you leave everything and drop shadows to medium you'll see a nice boost in fps. 

My PC is running at 1440p on a ultrwide gaming monitor but the usage of my GPU is the problem. The usage is only at 50% along with my CPU and their temps aren't going even past 60 C

You can happily drop -USEALLAVAILABLECORES.

But anyway... what's your CPU cooling and how are the temps while playing? If the temps run too hot, the CPU will throttle and thus limit performance.

The FX-9590 is one of those CPUs which are known to run really hot at peak times. Several mainboards even require specific cooling, like top blown coolers or watercooling.

50 minutes ago, Aiiiiiiiii said:

Start by removing -sm4

This actually greatly improved my performance. Thanks! I think I'm going to just dumb down the resolution because I'm still getting some stuttering but that is because Mmy GPU is running at 85 C and 92% usage. Thanks again

2 minutes ago, stealthpanda305 said:

This actually greatly improved my performance. Thanks! I think I'm going to just dumb down the resolution because I'm still getting some stuttering but that is because Mmy GPU is running at 85 C and 92% usage. Thanks again

No problem :) Enjoy the game and see you on the island soldier!

Hmm. At first my GPU was running full tilt and I was getting the maximum performance it could pump out, but now the stuttering has gone to a minimum but my GPU usage went back down to around 50% and low temps while again getting 40 frames per second.. Any other tips that might help?

2 hours ago, stealthpanda305 said:

Hmm. At first my GPU was running full tilt and I was getting the maximum performance it could pump out, but now the stuttering has gone to a minimum but my GPU usage went back down to around 50% and low temps while again getting 40 frames per second.. Any other tips that might help?

Is this after long period of gaming or does it happen even after reboot?

Posted (edited)

-USEALLAVAILABLECORES is useless too, as the game already defaults to use all cores. Though that may not help with the stuttering. I'd say remove all the launch options, go to your AppData folder for the game and delete your GameUserSettings.ini and Engine.ini (you'll have to rechange settings from default)

(Win key+R, type %appdata%, back up 1 folder, go to Local, TslGame, Saved, Config, WindowsNoEditor)

Edited by 5Across

Hi,

i'm experiencing heavy fps Frame Drops, especially in close combat.

4 of 5 times the game freezes in Close combat and i'm ending up dead.

Normally i get a framerate between 45-80 (depending on area).

I think the problem is caused by high cpu usage ( 90%-100%, most of the time 100%).

Does anyone have an idea how to reduce this?

I tried every possible graphic setting + following options in steam: -malloc=system +mat_antialias 0 window -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -sm4

Also tried Settings in Nvidia Control Panel, but nothing helped.

Here are my System Specs:

i5-7300hq, 8gb ddr4 ram, gtx 1050ti mobile

20 minutes ago, The_Ghost91 said:

Hi,

i'm experiencing heavy fps Frame Drops, especially in close combat.

4 of 5 times the game freezes in Close combat and i'm ending up dead.

Normally i get a framerate between 45-80 (depending on area).

I think the problem is caused by high cpu usage ( 90%-100%, most of the time 100%).

Does anyone have an idea how to reduce this?

I tried every possible graphic setting + following options in steam: -malloc=system +mat_antialias 0 window -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -sm4

Also tried Settings in Nvidia Control Panel, but nothing helped.

Here are my System Specs:

i5-7300hq, 8gb ddr4 ram, gtx 1050ti mobile

Remove -sm4. It's the most likely cause for your stutter/fps drops. If your pagefile is not on SSD then do that. With 8Gb RAM you're going to get paging and if the pagefile is on HDD it'll cause bad performance. Those are simple things you can improve on. Then there's the CPU which currently is a very limiting factor. Yours is just above the minimum requirement CPU in terms of multithreaded performance. It's slower in single core performance which tends to play a big part of games even if they use multiple cores: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=2922&cmp[]=2029

Wait for the patch on 25th and you might be getting better fps :)

Hello together I as a problem that my fps and sound do not go.

Hallo zusammen ich da eine probleme das meine fps und sound nicht gehen

23 minutes ago, stealthpanda305 said:

Doing that lowered my performance A LOT.. worse than before..

I assume you're using the latest nvidia driver. Have you tried to roll back to some earlier one? I've seen a lot of 1060's having issues and was wondering if it could be something about the actual drivers because the issues are random and just like yours. One moment it works, the other it does not. Games don't tend to change the way they function unless it's something funky going on with something like shader cache.