Hawkinz

Low frame rate issues and game optimization

365 posts in this topic

Is it constantly at 15-20 FPS, or does it happen at a certain point of the game?
I got a worse setup than you and I rarely go under 20.. What in-game settings are you using? Are you using any launch options, or have you tried to edit any of the .ini files?

i've tried all in games settings and these barely impact these preformance even on very low still getting 15-20 sometimes it jumps up to a decent amount then falls back down again after a short time, i've tried all command line options i could find non help and i tried editing ini files but it just decreased the performance so i reverted back to the orginal. On my friends ssd tho i did the highest settings and the game ran fine which is the really odd thing and he had no command line or ini changes so idk whats going on,

2 minutes ago, RadicallyCory♥ said:

i've tried all in games settings and these barely impact these preformance even on very low still getting 15-20 sometimes it jumps up to a decent amount then falls back down again after a short time, i've tried all command line options i could find non help and i tried editing ini files but it just decreased the performance so i reverted back to the orginal. On my friends ssd tho i did the highest settings and the game ran fine which is the really odd thing and he had no command line or ini changes so idk whats going on,

I'm afraid I don't know how to fix this problem then =/
So when you plugged your friends SSD into your computer, the game ran perfectly, and when you picked up your own SSD, it's running badly..
Are you sure the game is installed on your new SSD, and that the game isn't fetching data from the HDD, where you installed the game for the first time?

Yes i'm sure its on the ssd i uninstalled it from the hard drive and have installed it 3 times already to no avail the only difference was my friend was running windows 10 off the ssd with the game and my ssd has nothing on it besides the game and i'm running 7. Don't know if that helps any but still worth a mention i think 

I have a I7-4770k, a gtx 1070 and 16 gigs of Ram, I get horrible stuttering issues in game which lead me to believe the problem was the hard drive so i borrowed my friends ssd and the game ran beautifully 90-100 fps on the highest setting. So i bought an ssd and long story short i still have fps issues mainly just stuttering fps when i get into a car and when i'm in a gun fight which makes the game unplayable. Still even besides the stuttering i get like 20-40 fps running on the lowest settings, i've also tried an extra startup commands and have edited the ini files which i reverted after they made my game run worse. Any help would be appricated ^.^

On 5/21/2017 at 2:10 PM, Aiiiiiiiii said:

I assume you're using the latest nvidia driver. Have you tried to roll back to some earlier one? I've seen a lot of 1060's having issues and was wondering if it could be something about the actual drivers because the issues are random and just like yours. One moment it works, the other it does not. Games don't tend to change the way they function unless it's something funky going on with something like shader cache.

Just got an updated graphics driver that was released yesterday. I will try out the game again tomorrow, hopefully this new driver helps.

After following all the guides I can, my gpu and cpu never pass 50% usage and i get 30-40 fps... None of this happens in other games like Overwatch so my conclusion is that the problem is optimization

I have a 980 Ti and a i7-4790k, 16 gigs of ram. First couple rounds were fine, after that I started getting massive stuttering anytime I would move my character. (70 fps standing still). The game was very unplayable. Even rebooting my computer and completely uninstalling the game did absolutely nothing. These issues seemed eerily similar to a problem I had with Saints Row 2 many years ago.

Fixed all my problems by completely disabling my page file. Hope someone else sees this and tries this. 

Edited by Unclean009

i play this game on laptop DELL INSPIRON 7520

Processor: Core i7 3632QM 2200 MHz
Graphics Controller: AMD Radeon HD 7730M
Graphics Memory: 2048 MB
SSD drives
Windows 10

More details
http://mobilespecs.net/laptop/DELL/DELL_INSPIRON_7520.html

i am getting very low fps below 30 fps , even everything is turned off . and sound stutters

i play gta v and division very well with no problems like that at all

On 2017-3-24 at 4:17 AM, Buraun said:

Anybody else having these kind of issues where the game lags like all hell and the buildings look just like in this picture and you can't hardly get into them?

voi vittu....png

Hey All!

I'm aware this issue has been reported many times before i just want to know if there is a resolution yet? If not it might be helpful for the devs to know when this happens to me 1 jump between 70 and 1 fps! :( Unplayable for me at the moment.

On 5/23/2017 at 6:56 AM, Dicelz said:

i play this game on laptop DELL INSPIRON 7520

Processor: Core i7 3632QM 2200 MHz
Graphics Controller: AMD Radeon HD 7730M
Graphics Memory: 2048 MB
SSD drives
Windows 10

More details
http://mobilespecs.net/laptop/DELL/DELL_INSPIRON_7520.html

i am getting very low fps below 30 fps , even everything is turned off . and sound stutters

i play gta v and division very well with no problems like that at all

I have a laptop with better specs and I can barely get 15fps 😔 I've also seen a YouTube clip of someone with ancient laptop running it at around 30fps.... what am I doing wrong? 

On 5/23/2017 at 5:43 AM, Unclean009 said:

I have a 980 Ti and a i7-4790k, 16 gigs of ram. First couple rounds were fine, after that I started getting massive stuttering anytime I would move my character. (70 fps standing still). The game was very unplayable. Even rebooting my computer and completely uninstalling the game did absolutely nothing. These issues seemed eerily similar to a problem I had with Saints Row 2 many years ago.

Fixed all my problems by completely disabling my page file. Hope someone else sees this and tries this. 

What do you mean by disabling page file? 

Build
i7 6700k
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
32 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM 

Issue began when I updated to OBS 19.0.2.  Once updated my frames tanked to anywhere from 5-15 FPS.  This was happening even when I wasn't broadcasting.  Downgraded back to 18 train and frames recovered (e.g. 70-144 FPS).

1 hour ago, CaptMcAwes0me said:

Build
i7 6700k
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
32 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM 

Issue began when I updated to OBS 19.0.2.  Once updated my frames tanked to anywhere from 5-15 FPS.  This was happening even when I wasn't broadcasting.  Downgraded back to 18 train and frames recovered (e.g. 70-144 FPS).

18.0.2 works like a charm yep.

19.0.2 is still buggy

On 5/7/2017 at 8:39 PM, Delbrugge said:

This games makes my CPU reach 100 percent all the time. I've tried the launch options in steam, a profile adjustment in NVIDIA, adjusting the graphic settings to very low. My GPU usage is around 70 or 80 percent, while not utilizing my second GPU (SLI). This causes stutters in game, FPS only reaching around 50 or 20 at bad times. 

This doesn't happen with any other games.

CPU - i5

RAM - 16G

GPU - 2 x GTX 670

Windows 10

I am still experiencing the same poor FPS and extremely high CPU usage after the update. It appears nothing at all has changed. Why can't the game use my GPU's effectively?