Hawkinz

Low frame rate issues and game optimization

508 posts in this topic

Update from my original post:

After getting frustrated, I found that my heat sink had been clogged which was causing the computer to run hot and avoid stepping my processor up to the available 3.3GHz. However, I tried to run it yesterday after cleaning and reapplying thermal compound and it didn't help. The game got stuck on the loading screen and, while I could hear everything happen (i.e. plane flying, parachute deploying, landing on the ground) I could not see anything but the loading screen. My processor did increase to 3.1GHz per core, though, and temperatures around 70-75°C.

I tried other games and did see a very noticeable gain in performance after cleaning, though. I'm left with the conclusion that, until optimization, I doubt I'll be able to run it. 

Any suggestions?

Posted (edited)

i4770k 4.0 Ghz

Nvidia GTX 1080

32 GB RAM

Using the start-up Steam script for more cores, and lowering graphics settings to medium or worse, still only results in 40-50 FPS.   :(  :(  :( 

Edited by Fortune

2 hours ago, NCWolfpack said:

Update from my original post:

After getting frustrated, I found that my heat sink had been clogged which was causing the computer to run hot and avoid stepping my processor up to the available 3.3GHz. However, I tried to run it yesterday after cleaning and reapplying thermal compound and it didn't help. The game got stuck on the loading screen and, while I could hear everything happen (i.e. plane flying, parachute deploying, landing on the ground) I could not see anything but the loading screen. My processor did increase to 3.1GHz per core, though, and temperatures around 70-75°C.

I tried other games and did see a very noticeable gain in performance after cleaning, though. I'm left with the conclusion that, until optimization, I doubt I'll be able to run it. 

Any suggestions?

pretty much.  You wont have to wait long though if they stick to their schedule.  They estimate that optimizations should be done by mid april

Posted (edited)

On 3/23/2017 at 4:37 PM, nexonas said:

Rx 480 and i5 6600k here

my settings: 60-100fps

a011cbb649292c0cc51cb53cf4c61aed.png

This is very helpful.  For some reason I drop frames (randomly go from 60 to 1 fps) in full screen.  I get a constant 60+fps in windowed mode... I'm using your settings with a 144hz with freesync monitor. RX480. i5 6600K.  What are your Radeon global/onedrive settings for examplegame-settings-100624919-orig.png

Edited by kilaman24
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On 3/27/2017 at 4:15 PM, Josh L said:

Lol, the game literally just came out. Give them a chance to update the game at least once to attempt to fix these issues. My game runs like shite and I know my PC can and should run this game in Ultra but as I said, it just came out so therefore is not optimised. Don't be so needy and impatient.

Yeah very fair point! Was just a bit frustrated. I just didn't expect that amount of unplayable lag. I will be keeping an eye on it.   

Edited by DazzaGold

6 minutes ago, DazzaGold said:

Yeah very fair point! Was just a bit frustrated. I just didn't expect that amount of unplayable lag. I will be keeping an eye on it.   

I agree with what you are saying but this game can only get better :)

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, kilaman24 said:

This is very helpful.  For some reason I drop frames (randomly go from 60 to 1 fps) in full screen.  I get a constant 60+fps in windowed mode... I'm using your settings with a 144hz with freesync monitor. RX480. i5 6600K.  What are your Radeon global/onedrive settings for examplegame-settings-100624919-orig.png

caea17f8a24f03624586c26f57cc9984.png

On 23/03/2017 at 11:28 PM, AtotehZ said:

The game is running smooth over 100fps most of the time for me. Sometimes I get FPS drops and rubberbanding, but that's normal under the circumstances.

1. When you release a game it's easy to get overwhelmed unless you have servers with as strong a backbone as Valve, Dice or similar companies.

2. PC is complicated to optimize for, that's where consoles have the advantage. New games almost always go through this, you're playing early access, a paid beta, not a finished game.

@Hawkinz I would really appreciate it if you pinned a topic with fixes to optimization we can do on our end as they become available. I think it would give you less complaints while you work out the kinks in the game.

Just on your comment 1 .. They are to have some of the best servers in the world. Amazon servers are claimed to be the best in the world. After playing this game and watching alot of twitch over the years I really do not feel that comment is really true though.. 

13 hours ago, Fortune said:

i4770k 4.0 Ghz

Nvidia GTX 1080

32 GB RAM

Using the start-up Steam script for more cores, and lowering graphics settings to medium or worse, still only results in 40-50 FPS.   :(  :(  :( 

What settings are you using ingame?

I recommend leaving render scale at 100 and textures at high-ultra and everything else on low with your system.

See how that goes. Having some settings too low actually draws the computer to use the CPU instead of the graphics card to downscale graphics.

5 hours ago, Hawkinz said:

What settings are you using ingame?

I recommend leaving render scale at 100 and textures at high-ultra and everything else on low with your system.

See how that goes. Having some settings too low actually draws the computer to use the CPU instead of the graphics card to downscale graphics.

The game defaulted to Ultra so I was excited about that, looked great and I blow the recommended specs out of the water.

But FPS wasn't at 60.  It was at 40-50.  So I tried all "High".  I tried "Medium".   I tried Full Screen.  I'm at 100 scale.

Oh you know what I bet it is (besides this game not being optimized yet), as I am typing this out I realized -my monitor is 3440x1440.  So as un-optimized as this game is, it's probably that much less optimized for a dope ass ultrawide resolution.

But at least it's 40-50, it's not unplayable.  Just want it fixed soooooon!  Not soon™.

1 person likes this

On 23/03/2017 at 5:56 PM, Fingazz said:

Also updated all my drivers, installed the game on SSD, nothing helps. Just one big disappointment. 
Guys don't buy unless you have a Core i7 7700K (minimum) and 2x GTX 1080Ti's which will probably land you a solid 80fps on average.

I have a gtx 970 and a i5 3300 and I run 80fps on max lol not even on an ssd

13 minutes ago, Lexa said:

I have a gtx 970 and a i5 3300 and I run 80fps on max lol not even on an ssd

I don't believe you.gif

because I don't get that on

SSD, i4770k, GTX 1080, 32 GB ddr3

So on the 23rd (Early Access) it worked perfectly with 70-80 frames. But now I have like 20 fps in citys and like 50 when I'm outside of citys. I don't know what happened. Already tried lowest settings + editing the config, but still the same frames...

Specs

i7 6700k
GTX 970
12 GB RAM

Yeah Im getting very low fps in cities then randomly drop from 80-10 every so often its very annoying, lets just hope the optimization fixes it

53 minutes ago, Fortune said:

I don't believe you.gif

because I don't get that on

SSD, i4770k, GTX 1080, 32 GB ddr3

You dont have to believe me lol

47 minutes ago, Lexa said:

You dont have to believe me lol

Your fps is as real as that photoshopped booty.

Its not photoshopped for one its mia khalifa lol and Its not my fault you have a dead pc

On 3/28/2017 at 11:34 AM, Buraun said:

the fact that you need high-end PC to play this game at it's current state is laughable.

The game has only been in development for just over a year. Optimization has just started.

On 3/28/2017 at 11:34 AM, Buraun said:

I wonder what they spend that time doing if not making sure that the game would be playable for most people

Getting core features in the game and ensuring they were enjoyable, instead of optimizing features and systems which may not be used if players don't like them.

Hello everybody,

can someone please help with configuration for graphic settings. I have watched some videos on YouTube and nothing helps, the game looks terrible (graphics are very poor and FPS is around 30). These are my specs:

i7 7700, RAM 16GB, SSD, GTX 1060 6GB.

Thank you in advance.

There are tons of similar threads. The game isn't really optimized yet. Just wait for the optimization patches in April.

1 hour ago, Fortune said:

Your fps is as real as that photoshopped booty.

Don't feed the trolls.  It's obvious that he's lying about his FPS, because I have a similar system to you and my FPS is dog shit too.  Just ignore him.

1 person likes this

On 23/03/2017 at 6:56 PM, Fingazz said:

Also updated all my drivers, installed the game on SSD, nothing helps. Just one big disappointment. 
Guys don't buy unless you have a Core i7 7700K (minimum) and 2x GTX 1080Ti's which will probably land you a solid 80fps on average.

The game don't support SLI anyway and a friend with it is in medium+ setting  has 144fps+ and I have a r9 200 6900 and I have 45-60fps which is more than playable.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Ludante said:

Hello everybody,

can someone please help with configuration for graphic settings. I have watched some videos on YouTube and nothing helps, the game looks terrible (graphics are very poor and FPS is around 30). These are my specs:

Thank you in advance.

@Ludante  Post a screen-shot or list of your in-game graphics settings; possible someone might see something to help you out; IMO, a GTX 1060 should have enough capability to run the game at higher FPS than 30, but it might not look great right now -- wait for optimization patch for that. 

Edited by Ragotag

5 hours ago, Ludante said:

Hello everybody,

Thank you in advance.

Hey Ludante, the game has not been optimized yet. There is going to be continuous patches that are rolled out with small improvements. You can also see plans for the update tomorrow  and the plans for the future here. http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/646671482148934992