SodaWipe

Black Boxes/Shadow Bug/Artifacts

101 posts in this topic

I found this one when i was inside a building of Pochinka, i just went to a corner and my vision was this when i aimed to the ground or to lower sites, the glitch/bug stops when i leave the corner

20170405141118_1.jpg

I found two bug while playing, one of them is very annoying the other one is just a bug with a tree inside a house.
The first bug I talked about is a bug that when you are inside a house you see lots of black dots in the walls and in the floor, the dots do not appear while in the outdoor, Printscreens attached!

20170331204224_1.jpg

20170405140342_1.jpg

20170405140356_1.jpg

Really?! 2.4gb for nothing?! Shadows keep bugged. r9 280x. native resolution doesnt fix nothing. fix your game please i wanna play with shadows.

20170406173951_1.jpg

My computer meets requiremtns, I've enabled Vsync to make sure it isn't screen tearing, and it only happens in Interiors. If anyone has found a solution or sees this then post on here. I thought it was a shadow/lighting issue but nothing seems to help (Higher/lower graphics settings, Vsync, etc)20170406235434_1.thumb.jpg.015b1e15cfc99bcbd25183509f80044d.jpg

When I play, I constantly experience these kind of visual artifacts in the bottom left of my screen. Most of the time they look like yellow triangles with a lot of small red square in them (almost like a bleeding effect)

I've added a screenshot for clarification.

Screenshot Link

It looks like an issue with either your drivers or your graphics card as a whole. Do you mind stating which one you have?

I'm sorry for not following the bug reporting format, here is my full "complaint":

Bug description:

Weird red and yellow artifacts on the bottom left of my screen. (Link)

Date seen:

Ever since I started playing: yesterday and today

Troubleshooting attempted:

I tried lowering and upping the graphics settings, but no result.

Other information:

None

Launch options:

None

System specifications:

CPU: Intel i7 4770 (

GPU: Radeon R9 270 (DX 12 at 1080p) Version: 17.3.1

RAM: 16 GB

1 person likes this

On 3/24/2017 at 7:22 AM, Hawkinz said:

The issue has been added to the bug list, thank you for the reports.

As @TrentSp said:

Hopefully we can get a proper fix soon.

If you are also having this problem, please continue posting your system specifications in this thread. Most importantly, CPU and graphics card.

@BIGBOY Please pots your system specifications so we can try and track down the issue and have the developers fix it ASAP. Cheers

It seems to be an AMD GPU issue from the few reports with specs listed.  

I also get the same triangles inside if i set the shadows to anything other than very low. I'm rocking a R9 280X video card. I've tried older drivers which dosnt help either. It might be something to do with DX12 if the game is running it.

Mine takes up the entire screen and doesn't dissipate. I've tried the shadow quality and resolution fixes. Seems there's not an actual solution yet just random changes work for some people not others

20170407231800_1.thumb.jpg.c585fed41d9a0a011b9e7019b5310d9e.jpg

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone! I'm not sure if this black fuzz is a bug within the game or just my pc. I only get black fuzz when i got into buildings.

Basic computer specs.

i5-6500 

XfX rx 480 rs

8gb of ram

all on a 24 inch hp envy. at 1920X1080

i understand its still early and i love the game. im not here to bi*$#. 

Thanks.

Inked20170406191639_1_LI.jpg

Edited by epicbuttquest

Bug Description:
Since I bought the game, I have been experiencing low performance, and weird artifacting that I have not seen a report for yet. Colored orbs in a wide variety of colors but usually white and usually around an inch long or less will appear all over my screen for several seconds, sometimes up to ten seconds. There are also black squares that will randomly appear.

Date Seen:
4/2/17-4/8/17

Troubleshooting Attempted:
Tried verifying the files of the game, uninstalling and reinstalling, and setting all graphics settings to low besides textures. On latest Nvidia Drivers.

Other Information:
I thought this might be a problem with my GPU, but after running the heaven benchmark without seeing to my knowledge any artifacts, turning off any manual overclocking, and testing other games that can run 1440P ultra at 60+ fps, I do not think that this is the problem.

Launch Options:
-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc=system

System Specifications:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393)
Graphics Card: MSI GTX 1080
CPU: Intel I7-3820 @ 3.6 Ghz.
Ram: 16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz.

Have you tried turning on Vsync in the nvidia control panel? Also what are your temps like when you play the game ?

14 hours ago, epicbuttquest said:

Hello everyone! I'm not sure if this black fuzz is a bug within the game or just my pc. I only get black fuzz when i got into buildings.

Basic computer specs.

i5-6500 

XfX rx 480 rs

8gb of ram

all on a 24 inch hp envy. at 1920X1080

i understand its still early and i love the game. im not here to bi*$#. 

Thanks.

Inked20170406191639_1_LI.jpg

Hey quest, did you by chance check your video card drivers? Do you have any launch commands set?  I am going to move this post to the artifacts section. 

Temps don't ever go above 70C. I'll try turning on Vsync. The game is already in native resolution (2560x1600).

Posted (edited)

The solutions you proposed did not help. I took a video so you can see what is going on. The artifacts pick up in intensity around the 1:20 mark.

Edited by Damonstakilla

Hello everybody ! 

İ read some posts of you and English is not my main languange i took picture with my phone 

i am using intel i7 3930 K and ATI Radeon 7970 Graphıc Card and 12 GB ram

How i understand problem which i added on this post pictures is same issue like other peoples so i should not worry ? how i understand 

Cause how i saw this yesterday i am too stressed and reinstalled all my drivers everything today i start game again and same issue again

After i joined this forum and start reading posts and after i am happy a little bit but not happy about this issue about my desktop :D 

IMG_4191.JPG

GSUT0133.mp4

Those black spots Starting from 4/10

I can not enjoy this game :(

please fix it

win 7 64-bit

ram :8G

GPU:Radeon RX480

CPU: i5 2400 

• Windows 7 64-bit
  • Windows 7 64-bit

20170411002015_1.jpg

20170411002043_1.jpg

Hello there, sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. In order for the team that deals with bug reports to be able to help you, please follow the format for bug reporting.

Please use the search function before starting a new thread.

every time I go inside a house or garage I get missing textures on left bottom screen. is there a fix or do i wait untill the updates fix it.

20170329012319_1.jpg

hey guys, I am also having this issue

Bug Description:
Black artifacts only appearing when I am inside on the lower left corner

Date Seen:
11/4/2017 and 12/4/2017

Troubleshooting Attempted:
I updated drivers, changed graphic settings and I am about to try resolution settings

Launch Options:
Have you changed any launch / command line options for the game?
no

System Specifications:
Operating System: Windowa 10 home 64bit
Graphics Card: Sapphire 480 nitro oc 4gb
CPU: Fx-8350
Ram: 8gb
20170412145157_1.thumb.jpg.fedaa804538a96968384565b85eeb5dd.jpg20170412145149_1.thumb.jpg.49bc7eb7cbc52533c209c6cb0645e2c6.jpg20170412145210_1.thumb.jpg.5a7cb49d79af78330084cafa580dee85.jpg

When I play the game when I go to a place inside such as a building or wearhouse; I'd get Red and Yellow Dots on the screen (Bottom Left) Sometimes they are black. This is not a hardware issue. This only happens in Battlegrounds.

SPECS:

i5-7600k

RX-480 8GB

Any fixes?

i5-7600k

RX-480 8GB

They are Red and Yellow Dots and sometimes black