AFRICA PLEASE?!

Can we please get a SOUTH AFRICAN server? We are a basically a 1st world country with THOUSANDS of gamers who play Battlegrounds, however we are ALWAYS left out of the loop regarding servers...

PLEASE LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY like you always do, and please implement a SOUTH AFRICAN server as there are countless people asking for it on the forums...

There is a MASSIVE South AFRICAN player base, and it will increase drastically if you implement a South AFRICAN server...  The main deterrent for South AFRICAN players is the EU ping which exceeds 300ms for us...

Please consider this prospect as an investment into the VERY EXISTENT player base and what there is to come if you implement a South AFRICAN server!

SAFlag_960_472_80auto_s_c1_center_center[1].jpg

• Like 1

SOUTH AFRICA!!!

WE MADE A PATITION!!!!

Here are 1000 guaranteed players who went out of their way to sign a petition for a south African server!

This is only a tiny fraction of our community, we are huge, we are here, and WE WANT A SERVER!!!!!!!!

https://www.change.org/p/playerunknown-s-battlegrounds-pubg-south-african-server-request/w?source_location=petitions_share_skip

• Like 1

Oopsmee    2
Posted (edited)
On 11.05.2017 at 11:33 AM, Dmitriy123 said:

Russian servers pls!!! More russian play your game!! PLS

+++ Russian servers

19 hours ago, AKKTER said:

Добавить русские сервера, невозможно играть!

+++

On 06.05.2017 at 4:02 PM, Psychedelic said:

Add Russian servers to unload overloaded EU servers. All west side of Russia and CIS countries play on EU servers.

+++

Edited by Oopsmee

Trinoc    2

With the recent Ping lock being implemented I think a lot of South African players are going to ask for a refund on the game, as the game is essentially unplayable now for most of us...

Please give us more local servers where South Africans and the surrounding areas can actually play the game you have created.

I know there are a lot of SA players who aren't buying the game as well for the reason that there are no local server hosts

• Like 1

Hawkinz    758
1 hour ago, Trinoc said:

With the recent Ping lock being implemented

The recent update won't affect South African players ability to play the game in any way :)

Plasie    10

@Hawkinz 

from what i have heard it does look like the case. i have not played yet. still at work but will have an look later at home.

• Like 1

Hawkinz    758
7 minutes ago, Plasie said:

@Hawkinz 

from what i have heard it does look like the case. i have not played yet. still at work but will have an look later at home.

Let me know how you go, because it shouldn't have changed anything for you guys.

kah-zuu~    6
Posted (edited)

Hey @Hawkinz, it's me again from South East Asia. Could you please pass this message on to whoever who makes the call for server locations.

With the recent ping block, a large number of SEA players can't even play in the Asia server. Yup, that's how ridiculous this sounds. Asia, being the largest continent in the world is given ONE server location. And anyone staying a distance away from wherever the Asian server is located (I reckon it's either China or Korea), suffers an immense disadvantage earlier. Right now, people with average internet is now forced out of the game as a whole.

I don't know if this is applicable, but I didn't pay money for a game I can't even play.

Also, could you verify if this PUBG server ping checker is legit? http://pubg.disquse.ru/

Since when we had Singapore servers and all?

Edited by kah-zuu~
Add server location link I found in general topics.

MegaD3ath    2

The only reason the consumer base has dropped in South Africa is because of your complete blinker approach to our requests and Petitions for Servers. You had some of the biggest names and clans playing this game in South Africa, names that are linked to the DGL and MWEB gaming etc etc etc. Yet you have no etiquette at all in how to deal with requests that would make you more money. 

I know I am not speaking only for myself here but NOW it feels like you have basically taken South Africa, bent us over, taken our money and gone "Thanks for everything but its just not working out.... ITS ME NOT YOU don't worry." Its like holding us at Ransom and saying find more players even if they don't want to play... Wish it was the other way around and us going give us the servers or none of yours go online again...

Hopefully someday you will learn how to deal with consumer base requests and Petitions that are directed straight to your studio.

• Like 1

Deadgame    7
41 minutes ago, MegaD3ath said:

The only reason the consumer base has dropped in South Africa is because of your complete blinker approach to our requests and Petitions for Servers. You had some of the biggest names and clans playing this game in South Africa, names that are linked to the DGL and MWEB gaming etc etc etc. Yet you have no etiquette at all in how to deal with requests that would make you more money. 

I know I am not speaking only for myself here but NOW it feels like you have basically taken South Africa, bent us over, taken our money and gone "Thanks for everything but its just not working out.... ITS ME NOT YOU don't worry." Its like holding us at Ransom and saying find more players even if they don't want to play... Wish it was the other way around and us going give us the servers or none of yours go online again...

Hopefully someday you will learn how to deal with consumer base requests and Petitions that are directed straight to your studio.

Amen

And now they have implemented some lag BS thing making characters not able to move.

• Like 1

Raymundt    2
On 5/10/2017 at 10:49 AM, Hawkinz said:

Hi mate,

As I've mentioned previously many times, the concurrent player numbers achieved in the South Africa region simply aren't enough to offer a matchmaking on local servers at an acceptable standard. There simply aren't enough players currently (and at all up to this point) to allow full games with enough players consistently. 

Hi there,

Thanks for all the info etc so far...

To give us an idea of how far out of reach our goal for servers in South Africa would be, what would be an acceptable amount of players to warrant at least a single server?
In my mind I'd like to believe that 1000+ players surely deserve a single server to at least "test the waters". If the demand is high enough then you can add more servers.
Please bear in mind that currently many EU countries join SA servers in other games so I believe this petition below would actually be closer to double the amount of players that have signed.
Not to mention the players that have asked for refunds since it doesn't look like we'll be getting a local server.
https://www.change.org/p/playerunknown-s-battlegrounds-pubg-south-african-server-request

Kind Regards

• Like 1

BrieWeL    1
Posted (edited)

HI,

@Hawkinz

Very good game, been playing it non stop for about 4 weeks, but tired of the 1 second delay on EU servers since that is the best server with lowest latency for South African players. Cant play competitively with that amount of delay.

I have also read that there is no future prospects for any South African servers, so i guess its null and void at this point.

I do not understand how they can deny us local servers if we have on most high traffic games local servers, can remember back in the day when Dota 2 also did not have South African servers, its a pitty.

Why cant they just let us carry the costs of the server? i am sure our big internet providers and community will be more than willing to carry the costs.

Anyway, just my piece of mind before I uninstall.

Kind Regards

Edited by BrieWeL
  • Like 1

Lev    0

Can we have southeast asia server?

I bet there is enough playerbase pool, majority players would be from Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand.

Asia server located in East Asia, people get 100 - 200 pings here.

+1 SEA Server.

ravingDIODE    7
On 3/24/2017 at 1:08 PM, Ruanl said:

South African server or African server please !!! Ping very bad if we play on EU server.

Yes please!!

Any updates on this? Soooo many people that I know of playing this game and complaining about latency issues.

ravingDIODE    7
On 5/12/2017 at 9:04 AM, BobRofl said:

To be honest if a South African Server is built. then you will find more people will buy the game and then the servers would be full.
Or dont just build the server for just South Africa, but rather make it a server that serves the whole of the African region. as i am sure then there would be more people.

But here is hoping we get more feedback on the progress on the chances of this happening.

BTW loving the game :)

The feeling with most players in South Africa in general that I pick up on is that when a new game is released and it doesn't have local servers, they won't buy it and say that they will buy the game when local servers are available

Hawkinz    758
22 hours ago, BrieWeL said:

I do not understand how they can deny us local servers if we have on most high traffic games local servers

Unfortunately, the current concurrent player numbers in the South African region simply aren't enough for a good matchmaking experience.

22 hours ago, BrieWeL said:

Why cant they just let us carry the costs of the server?

It isn't a matter of cost. The PUBG team would happily pay for servers in any region that has the required number of concurrent players to offer a good matchmaking experience.

I cannot give any more updates other than what I have just said and what I've said previously in this thread.

I really want you all to have servers, but unfortunately there just aren't enough players in your region to allow that currently. 

• Like 1

pulsiV    13
3 hours ago, ravingDIODE said:

The feeling with most players in South Africa in general that I pick up on is that when a new game is released and it doesn't have local servers, they won't buy it and say that they will buy the game when local servers are available

Buddy , the small amount of people who hasn't bought the game in ZA will not make a difference to a game that has sold over 2 million copies. WE will get servers , just relax ... The matchmaking is not unplayable as it is now , not even with the new patch that 'player locks' people with high ping.

I think @Hawkinz is tired of repeating himself , read the previous responses he has given to all the ZA players and if you really want to leave your comment maybe a simple " +1 For South African server" as that will suffice. 

ravingDIODE    7
2 hours ago, pulsiV said:

Buddy , the small amount of people who hasn't bought the game in ZA will not make a difference to a game that has sold over 2 million copies. WE will get servers , just relax ... The matchmaking is not unplayable as it is now , not even with the new patch that 'player locks' people with high ping.

I think @Hawkinz is tired of repeating himself , read the previous responses he has given to all the ZA players and if you really want to leave your comment maybe a simple " +1 For South African server" as that will suffice. 

Yeah I read the previous responses by @Hawkinz and I hear him. Just voicing my request by typing a bit more than "+1 for South African server" ;) and sharing some common responses I have heard.

• Like 2

The Dexo    0
On ‎2017‎/‎05‎/‎16 at 3:13 PM, kah-zuu~ said:

Hey @Hawkinz, it's me again from South East Asia. Could you please pass this message on to whoever who makes the call for server locations.

With the recent ping block, a large number of SEA players can't even play in the Asia server. Yup, that's how ridiculous this sounds. Asia, being the largest continent in the world is given ONE server location. And anyone staying a distance away from wherever the Asian server is located (I reckon it's either China or Korea), suffers an immense disadvantage earlier. Right now, people with average internet is now forced out of the game as a whole.

I don't know if this is applicable, but I didn't pay money for a game I can't even play.

Also, could you verify if this PUBG server ping checker is legit? http://pubg.disquse.ru/

Since when we had Singapore servers and all?

How do you think we feel down in South Africa... we have to connect to EU, across half the world...

kw4nz    0

please take care us , we are SEA player
we have trouble while play on ASIA server it's about 200-300 ping 
we need good experience for PUBG