Hawkinz

regional servers
New server locations

518 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, pulsiV said:

Hey man , try this site , http://pubg.disquse.ru/ , might help a bit!

Great, thanks.

But this is my entire point... Why would someone have to make this, why isn't it in the game?

It seems "fans" have more enthusiasm than the people who are paid to make the game.

4 minutes ago, ElectrO said:

It seems "fans" have more enthusiasm than the people who are paid to make the game.

That is a direct AWS server pinger. 

They don't directly ping the exact servers PUBG is played on FYI.

A ping indicator most likely be implemented in the future. If you believe the developers enthusiasm is gauged on having a ping indicator 2 months into early access, there isn't much that can be said.

1 person likes this

+1 South African servers!!! 

We have a petition! Please please join this to make sure we get a server. At this time we need 300 more signatures!

Come boys :D

https://www.change.org/p/playerunknown-s-battlegrounds-pubg-south-african-server-request?utm_medium=email&utm_source=notification&utm_campaign=petition_signer_receipt&share_context=signature_receipt&recruiter=724442603

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, Bug said:

We have a petition! Please please join this to make sure we get a server. At this time we need 300 more signatures!

Hey mate!

Great job on your petition, its a great show of solidarity between players of your region and I applaud you for a great effort.

Unfortunately, due to the current low concurrent player numbers in South Africa, the matchmaking experience wouldn't be of an acceptable standard and players would be left waiting a long time for games and they would often have very low numbers. 

Total active Steam users in South Africa: 628,771

In the last 2 weeks playing PUBG: 6.35% of the above number

= 39926 players in the last two weeks spending an average 18.14 hours per player

-> 2 weeks = 336 hours

-> 18.14 average hours / 336 total hours = 5.39% 

-> 5.39% of 39926 players = 2155 players playing 100% of the time

-> Translated as an average of 2155 players 100% of the time with peak and off-peak periods.

Let's assume a low of 5% (like 3am during the week) during off-peak

-> 5% of 2155 players means at off-peak you will have 107 players.  That's not enough to fill 2 sessions.  You will have to wait 20 minutes for a new game. :( 

But hey my maths is poor so check it...

Got the numbers from http://steamspy.com/country/ZA

Edited by HoundDogZA

12 minutes ago, HoundDogZA said:

Total active Steam users in South Africa: 628,771

In the last 2 weeks playing PUBG: 6.35% of the above number

= 39926 players in the last two weeks spending an average 18.14 hours per player

-> 2 weeks = 336 hours

-> 18.14 average hours / 336 total hours = 5.39% 

-> 5.39% of 39926 players = 2155 players playing 100% of the time

-> Translated as an average of 2155 players 100% of the time with peak and off-peak periods.

Let's assume a low of 5% (like 3am during the week) during off-peak

-> 5% of 2155 players means at off-peak you will have 107 players.  That's not enough to fill 2 sessions.  You will have to wait 20 minutes for a new game. :( 

But hey my maths is poor so check it...

Got the numbers from http://steamspy.com/country/ZA

They will have this same information available.

They can also see how much people are currently playing Dota 2, CS GO and BF1 .. the only reason for PUBG has such low volume of "Concurrent" players, is because this is a first person shooter, and to be competitive you cant have 300+ ping, and people rather stick to games that do support local servers.

Maybe one day we will get, maybe not.. at the end of the day we cant force this, we have gone the extra mile with petitions, game stats and everything, more we cannot do.

how many times i have to asking for SEA server?
the game has released for 2 months!

Edited by SEA player

7 hours ago, SEA player said:

how many times i have to asking for SEA server?
the game has released for 2 months!

Hi, please see my latest post regarding SEA servers:

On 5/10/2017 at 6:49 PM, Hawkinz said:

Hey mate,

I'd like to see SEA servers as well, I'm unsure as to why the PUBG team has not yet decided to implement servers there. 

I've reached out to them, but they generally hold their cards close to their chest and will most likely only share information relating to an SEA server once they are close to implementing one.

I'd wager a guess that they may possibly be waiting to have the underlying Unreal 4 engine bug fixed which is causing de-sync before rolling out additional servers.

Bear in mind I'm a volunteer community moderator. I am not employed by PUBG / Bluehole and all information I provide is my own opinion and to the best of my knowledge with the information at hand. 

9 hours ago, BIGBOY said:

You mean *South East Asia

Thanks Dude

It was my bad :/