-Cometnine

Sound Issues: stuttering, lobbies, loss of, etc.

189 posts in this topic

Since there is a high amount of reports of Sound Issues, please follow the bug format and be as descriptive as possible. Some of the issues may be with drivers on your headsets, others will be addressed in the patch on 2017-04-06.  If you still have issues after 2017-04-06 please contribute to this thread. Thanks. 

Okay! since the other posts have been deleted due to not following bugreportformat.. lets have another shot at this..

Bug Description:
When encountering multiple sounds.. as in bombings nearby or when 3-4 players or more is having a shootout (lobby 100% of the times).. or when two cars are driving nearby I get crazy audio stutter/distortions. The volume of this stutter only gets louder and louder as if it is a feedback of sorts. While this was happening for me during the BETA last weekend 18th-19th of march i got really bad framedrops during the "feedback"  however during EA 23:rd-24:th the frames seem to have gotten better atleast. When teleporting into the plane for airdrop the soundissues dissapear  untill you're on the ground close to bombings or bigger shootouts.

Youtube link for this phenomena recorded today: 

Date Seen:
I encounter this everytime i play but the specific dates are:
18th-19th of march (beta)
23:rd-24:th of march (ea)

and yes.. I do realize this is not the kind of bug you necessarily need the dates for but w/e

Troubleshooting Attempted:
During Beta I first verified the gamefiles VIA steam. No issues encountered. I then re-installed the game (SSD) - no difference. I then installed it to a normal raptor SATA and had the same issues and  longer loadingtimes ofc so I re-installed it again to the SSD and the same audio issues were still there. 

I did the same thing as above with the Early Access install and it was no difference. I have reinstalled GPU drivers and my audiodrivers. Nothing helped so far.
I have swapped the graphical settings between minimum - average - maximum, it made no difference on sound.
I adjusted the soundlevels and it made no difference.
I tried other headphones and a different output, made no difference for me or the stuttering.
In the end I even Optimized the game with the crappy "G-force Experience" and disabled V-sync but it made no difference.

Other Information:
When this stutter occur mid-game on the island.. say i am in a small town and someone is throwing a grenade, two people are shooting rapidly and a car drives by.. this stutter occur but it fades away pretty quick after some of the "different sounds" dissapear.. and then the sound is back to normal if there are no extra sounds for a couple of seconds. So its not unplayable for me unless im in the middle of a warzone heh.

/C

dxdiag1.JPG

dxdiag2.JPG

dxdiag3.JPG

3 people like this

Hi, i have the same problem with sound. 

my cfg

Intel Core i7-6700HQ

Intel HM170

16 ГБ DDR4-2133

Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M (3 ГБ GDDR5)
Intel HD Graphics 530

Realtek ALC899

I've added this to the bug list guys, thanks for your reports.

@Adam Barlow Please post your system specifications for us the developers can attempt to track down the issue.

Thanks guys! Sorry about the trouble you're having with this.

I am experiencing a large amount of audio distortion at all points in the game. Everything sounds like it's coming through a horrid filter. Somehow this is also linked to frame rate because it causes large frame drops, from my already limited frame rate, whenever a large amount of sounds happen (gunshots, explosions, cars, ext). This person also had the same issue but it seems his isn't nearly as severe as mine. As his seems to come and go as his description describes where mine is constant from the moment of installation. 

Began on 3-23-17, game started like this.

I have tried all of the frame rate increasing options available, reinstalled my audio drivers and video drivers, reinstalled the game 3 times. Nothing works.

The bug seems to be linked to the game's effects audio. I have turned off the effects volume ingame and it very slightly increases my framerate, making the game just barely qualified as "playable".

I am currently using -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc=system launch options. I have tried launching using -sm4 -d3d10 and -lowmemory none of them seem to increase framerate in anyway or fix the audio issue. 

My specs are more than qualified to play this game...

System.jpg.9e5572299abe4c0ea79a4ef3a7b06a34.jpgDisplay.jpg.c3ee0c6736dae6ec45e212ff1609cc29.jpg

I've added this to the bug list guys, thanks for your reports.

@Adam Barlow Please post your system specifications for us the developers can attempt to track down the issue.

Thanks guys! Sorry about the trouble you're having with this.

Posted (edited)

Same problem here.
Running on an:

i7-4770k
GTX-970
16 GB RAM
All drivers up to date.

Edited by Enlok

Same problem here also. Heavily affects my fps.

i7-6700k 4.0 ghz
gtx 960 4gb
16gb ram
installed on SSD

Same issue, usually in combination with large frame drops.

i7-4710HQ

GTX 860M

16 GB RAM

Same here....

Specs:

AMD FX-8350

GTX 760

16 GB RAM

RealTek (Onboard)

Posted (edited)

Sometimes when opening the game all the sounds get louder and sound quality gets worse. This happens when 1/4 of the time and persists into games.

Edited by Sephoxx

Same same..it is verry laggy. People are sometimes invisible. when i jump into the water sound gets crazy

Specs:

NVI GTI 1050 TI

i5-6500

Realteak Audio (on Board

Hate to sound like a broken record here but, likewise with the sound issue.

FX-8300

EGVA 970GTX (driver up to date)

16GB DDR3

Win 10 (up to date)

I am getting this bug. It is awful. 

i5 4690k

gtx 960

16gb  

Posted (edited)

I am also having the exact same issue. I got placed into a game with heavy rain and it was like this throughout, unplayable.

Specs
Intel i7 965 @ 3.33 GHz
GeForce GTX 760
12 GB RAM
Windows 7
HDD Install (Different drive to OS)

Audio driver, as I'm using a USB Corsair Vengeance headset, believe relevant. Using Corsair control panel, it's advised me it is up-to-date.

I2A6j6t.png

Many thanks

Edited by JasonO

Posted (edited)

I have this issue that, by looks of it, hasn't been reported. When I find a match and load into the small island before the match starts the game sound starts to rapidly cut in and out as more people start to join and start making sound (shooting guns found scattered throughout the island). Im starting to think it's my headset which are Logitech g35's, however, all my other games work just fine with no audio cutting off. Am i the only one experiencing this?

EDIT: forgot to mention that my friends also experience this, they also have logitech headsets

Edited by MSPAINT MCQWEEWEE

have the same headset same issue but the other 2 people i play with do not have that issue with the same headset

Just now, halp_123 said:

have the same headset same issue but the other 2 people i play with do not have that issue with the same headset

thats odd, do your friends have their headset connected to a different type of usb port? like usb 2.0 or 3.0?

Just now, halp_123 said:

Both are plugged into a 3.0 slot

hmm, my best guess is that my headsets are not getting enough power to keep up with the game sound due to using usb 2.0 or lower slots. however, this shouldn't happen since all my other games work just fine with no issues, its just this game

Posted (edited)

just waiting for the optimizing patch to really be worried it might be just an issue with frame dropping and the sound having issues with it

Edited by halp_123

I have this issue with no headphones, using the a flatscreen as a monitor. It continues in game as well, when people shoot but to a much lesser extent.

Same issue here was fine on thursday when I first played the game, now all weekend on Satureday Sunday it does the same thing.

specs:

Intel i7 2600

asus sabertooth z77

16gb ram

samsung 850 pro ssd

logitech G35 headset USB