-Cometnine

Sound Issues: stuttering, lobbies, loss of, etc.

339 posts in this topic

ok, iv finally resorted to signing up to the bug reports section after trying to rule out everything at my end.

i am getting pretty much the same thing as the original post.

lobby is fine, as soon as i enter a server tho, right where the players all load in, my sound instantly starts stuttering really bad and my fps shoots from 80+ to anything from 5-20fps, i then hold off until in the plane and sound kind of restores to normal but fps is still stuck around 5-20fps, then when i jump out of plane and hit the ground my sound is ok (apart from a few flutters) and my fps goes up to 30-40fps, but as soon as anyone shoots near me or bombs drop etc it drops to 5-20fps with bad sound stutter (unplayable)(more sounds going on the worse it gets).

this seemed to of only happened after the last update, before that from when i purchased the game it was running fine on my pc with 60+fps most of the time

i think iv tried everything so my end that iv read on all the forums

-verified game cache on steam.

-updated all drivers sound,gpu etc.

-turned of game dvr.

-tried different headset/ different ports.

-various different launch options via steam.

-deleted my realtek software/drivers.

-ran virus/malware checks.

-(as i  seen a forum thread about NB heatsink) put a big house fan beside pc to blow cold air into case.

-deleted steam and battlegrounds and reinstalled.

iv probably forgot a few things iv tried but nothing has worked and i can play all my other games no problem, only thing i haven't done is reinstall windows, which isn't really an option for me as iv way too much to install again.

my build and specs (fairly new build, pubg's was like my second game installed).

cpu - i7 6700k.

ram - corsair dominator 2400mhz.

gpu - rx480 sapphire nitro+ oc 8gb (tried with and without over clock).

mobo - asus rog strix z270i (bios has been updated etc).

psu - corsair sf600.

aio - nzxt kraken x52.

ssd - samsung evo 750 500gb (operating system).

hdd - seagate 7200rpm 2tb (game install).

the last thing i would mention is i have monitored cpu/gpu temps and usage. temps are fine cpu - avg 50-60c under load, gpu avg 70-75c under load. cpu usage though only seemed to be in and around 20/30% and gpu seems to constantly spike/flutter up and down between 20-100% constantly once in server and stuttering. ram is using up to 4gb when on load.

again this only came about after last update, before that i had a pretty good experience, now its unplayable.

Hello RedDragon, What type of headsets do you have? Also in the future its best to use the bug template guide just encase you forget to mention anything.

Depending on the type of headset there is a issue with 7.1 Surround Sound at the moment.

Try looking in here if anyone has a similar issue.

Edited by Aldawgs

I've finally got rid of the stuttering and horrible FPS! Turns out, my PSU was old as dicks and not up to the task. Have since bought a Corsair RM850i which seems to have done the trick. I've posted my specs below.

CPU - i5 4670K @3.4ghz (new)

GPU - EVGA 1050ti SC (new)

Mobo - GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S2H INTEL LGA1150 Micro-ATX (new-ish)

Memory - 16gb RAM (new)

Storage - 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (old - converted external HDD)

PSU - Corsair RM850i (new)

I'm having massive problems with the ingame performance. At the beginning I only had 16FPS ingame, on Ultra and on very low settings. I managed it to get the FPS up to 26 (but not stable) with lots of changed options.

GPU: GTX 1070

CPU: AMD FX 8150

RAM: 16Gb DDR3 1333Mhz

Windows 10 64bit

Resolution: 1920x1080

Never had problems in other games on maxed out settings.  I already tried everything I found on the internet but nothing helps...

My Issues:

-FPS Drops

-Sound stuttering

-game crash because out of memory

A friend got the same GPU, a i5 6700k and 16Gb DDR4 3000Mhz RAM. Running stable with 80 FPS on Ultra... 

sorry i didn't exactly follow the rules/guidelines here is more on my issue with pictures/video. even after the supposed update today it is still the same.

Bug Description:

menu is fine, as soon as i enter a server tho,at lobby load-in, my sound instantly starts stuttering really bad and my fps shoots from 80+ to anything from 5-20fps, i then hold off until in the plane and sound kind of restores to normal but fps is still stuck around 5-20fps, then when i jump out of plane and hit the ground my sound is ok (apart from a few flutters) and my fps goes up to 30-40fps, but as soon as anyone shoots near me or bombs drop etc it drops to 5-20fps with bad sound stutter (unplayable)(more sounds going on the worse it gets).

this seemed to of only happened after the last update, before that from when i purchased the game it was running fine on my pc with 60+fps most of the time.

youtube example:

https://youtu.be/tt3hYlGQA9A

Date Seen:
last time my game updated before today, was fine before that.

Server: 
same on test server and standard pubg's on all servers eu,us etc.

Troubleshooting Attempted:

-verified game cache on steam.

-updated all drivers sound,gpu etc.

-turned of game dvr.

-tried different headset/ different ports.

-various different launch options via steam.

-deleted my Realtek software/drivers.

-ran virus/malware checks.

-(as i  seen a forum thread about NB heatsink) put a big house fan beside pc to blow cold air into case.

-deleted steam and battlegrounds and reinstalled.

-cleaned up registry.

prob more i cant remember.

Other Information:

desktop idle.
beforepubg.jpg.ea9b89112eed0e1437b41039ebe66c9c.jpg

pubg's menu

Untitled-2.jpg.9280a21bf0e9354e0e919adced77230c.jpg

in game

Untitled-3.jpg.e213aa4ae98c71e69ca9b437d726bb64.jpg

Launch Options:
tried with diff variations and without, no changes.

System Specifications:

os - windows 10.

cpu - i7 6700k.

ram - corsair dominator 2400mhz.

gpu - rx480 sapphire nitro+ oc 8gb (tried with and without over clock).

mobo - asus rog strix z270i (bios has been updated etc).

psu - corsair sf600.

aio - nzxt kraken x52.

ssd - samsung evo 750 500gb (operating system).

hdd - seagate 7200rpm 2tb (game install).

11111.jpg.24967237a686f67c28119d523bfb4bcf.jpg

11111111.jpg.d057723ea7dd9b36eed3a8f191124978.jpg

Edited by theduke

On 5/19/2017 at 11:08 AM, Simdan said:

Sooooo for me was it just a simple energy saving setting.

Go to your windows settings and go to enegery saving settings to put it to maximum performance.

After this it all worked fine. I hope this helps you too

Wow... I just made this change and the game is running insanely well.  Night and day difference.  Thank you, Simdan!!  

1 person likes this

holy dam!, the power saving trick is one i over looked, after all my problems iv now fixed it, changing power settings to maximum.

On 4/28/2017 at 10:38 AM, AxenMarik said:

Same issues post patch as of 4/28 no change

As of 5/25 patch, stuttering sound and fps drops continue to happen, though seeming slightly less often and with less intensity. I've also been testing various fixes proposed by users along the way. 

Bug Description:
Sometimes, the audio for gunshots will just straight up not play. This is only since the recent patch

Date Seen:
May 25

Server: 
NA Servers, Live (not Test)

Restarting, disabling Virtual Surround in my Sound drivers (and other affects that the driver/software provides), adjusting audio settings

Other Information:

Launch Options:
Nope, all default I suppose.

System Specifications:
Operating System: Windows 10
Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 1070
CPU: i5-6600k
Ram: 16GB DDR4 @ 2133Mhz (I think it's Crucial Ballistix, but could be G.Skill - can't remember)

Attached DXDiag system info as well. Let me know anything else you need.

DxDiag1.PNG

DxDiag2.PNG

Hello I just bought PUBG last week and I am having the audio issue where when in lobby or in game and there are a lot of weapons firing the sound complete lags out and is unbearable to listen to. I've scoured the internet looking for a fix but havent been able to find any good solutions. Please help.

Here is my computer specs:

CPU: I7 2700k

RAM: 8GB

HDD: Samsung EVO SSD

GPU: Nvidia 1070 GTX

I know my CPU may be borderline under the specs but was curious if this is what is causing the issue. Any suggestions?

Capture.PNG

12 hours ago, SoupOrJuice said:

Bug Description:
Sometimes, the audio for gunshots will just straight up not play. This is only since the recent patch

Date Seen:
May 25

Server: 
NA Servers, Live (not Test)

Restarting, disabling Virtual Surround in my Sound drivers (and other affects that the driver/software provides), adjusting audio settings

Other Information:

Launch Options:
Nope, all default I suppose.

System Specifications:
Operating System: Windows 10
Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 1070
CPU: i5-6600k
Ram: 16GB DDR4 @ 2133Mhz (I think it's Crucial Ballistix, but could be G.Skill - can't remember)

Attached DXDiag system info as well. Let me know anything else you need.

DxDiag1.PNG

DxDiag2.PNG

There is no issue here. you can here after the shots hit you how you hear the shots far away. remember the bullets lands before you hear the gun firing, because of the sound not traveling as fast as the bullet does.

3 hours ago, Fatcamp said:

There is no issue here. you can here after the shots hit you how you hear the shots far away. remember the bullets lands before you hear the gun firing, because of the sound not traveling as fast as the bullet does.

But that's the thing, I don't hear any shots?? Even after I'm dead, I straight up didn't hear any gun fire. That's the glitch.

With the newest patch from Thursday, the problem seems to be back. I have updated the bug accordingly.

None of the tips that helped previously work now. I even have rebooted the computer!

On 5/21/2017 at 1:23 AM, danie1 said:

Hey guys,

I have another sound issue to report:

Bug Description:
The directional sound seems to be off: Looking at the shooter directly produces a low sound, turning slightly (like 60-90 degrees) produces a loud sound. I was not really able to find out if it is stereo or mono yet. The same problem happens for the planes which drop the support crates in game. And also for actions from other players like footsteps, door openings or cars. Sitting directly next to a door but I was unable to hear that it was opened.

Additionally, I noticed that the 'personal sounds' from the character are really low. If shooting or the environment is the reference (100%), my own steps, reloading, picking things up, opening doors, driving cars (or flying in the plane at the start) feels like 40% or even lower.

I have tested this with three different sound cards:

1. Generic no-name USB sound card: Works as stated above.
  2. Display-Link-Output via LG-monitor: Works as stated above.
  3. Onbard-Realtek ALC887: Works as staded above.

All effects and enhancements are disabled.

By this, it is totally impossible to hear other players (because they are not in the direction the sound seems to come from) and thus, impossible to play. Additionally, I cannot judge my own actions like walking (is it loud or not?).

Date Seen:
Noticed on 27 May 2017

Server: 
Standard Server.

• Changing the sound card used: no effect.
  • Tweaking the ingame-sound-settings: no effect.
  • Rebooting
  • Turning the DVR, Game Bar and Game Mode on and off.

Other Information:
I think the problems are related. It feels like the hearing-circle has more than 360 degrees (more like 720) and an internal formula is completely off.

For the support plane I noticed the sound is the same for looking in one direction and when turning 180 degrees (did not see the plane but tried this in a house).

ingame voice-option is off, no channels active. Also no other sound software.

Launch Options:
no

System Specifications:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 1070
CPU: Ryzen 1600
Ram: 16GB
Sound: Onbard-Realtek ALC887 on ASUS B350M-A

Hope this helps and the bug is fixed very soon!
Thanks
daniel