-Cometnine

Sound Issues: stuttering, lobbies, loss of, etc.

339 posts in this topic

Yeah, I remember in beta it worked fine, I'm thinking as well they broke something with one of the last patches.

I have a thread for this here:

The mod wanted to know what headset and audio settings I was using, it might make sense to consolidate the info there.

Hi, as the title says. I am having issues with directional sound while inside a vehicle. On foot I have no trouble determining direction sounds. Inside a vehicle on the other hand has issues for me. I hear the vehicle engine while driving on both ears. but when shot at, I only hear it on the left side, never on the right even the shots came from my right. Anyone having the same issue? thanks!

Posted (edited)

As you see in the short video, I did not hear him come in the house at all. Did not hear the door open nor any footsteps. I was in that house for the past two minutes that I did not include, and yes I did a full sweep of the house. I knew he was outside but after not seeing him again I figured he left. So how did he come in? The only door he could have come in did not make any noise and as you can see in the video you don't hear any footsteps either. I know he was crouching but I was to understand crouching makes a small amount of noise.

I'm not claiming he was hacking, I know he definitely used the door. This is an honest question, is sound suppose to work like this? I thought I would hear the door open at the very least. 

Edited by ben_t

5 minutes ago, ben_t said:

As you see in the short video, I did not hear him come in the house at all. Did not hear the door open nor any footsteps. I was in that house for the past two minutes that I did not include, and yes I did a full sweep of the house. I knew he was outside but after not seeing him again I figured he left. So how did he come in? The only door he could have come in did not make any noise and as you can see in the video you don't hear any footsteps either. I know he was crouching but I was to understand crouching makes a small amount of noise.

I'm not claiming he was hacking, I know he definitely used the door. This is an honest question, is sound suppose to work like this? I thought I would hear the door open at the very least. 

Maybe he came trough a window, at the end you can hear his shots after he shot you like 1-2 seconds delay.

I can bet that I hear a loud sound of footsteps starting aprox. ~0:45 - 0:46, but after you died and that delayed sound coming afterwards, I cant tell whats going on here really. :)

38 minutes ago, Verzone said:

I can bet that I hear a loud sound of footsteps starting aprox. ~0:45 - 0:46, but after you died and that delayed sound coming afterwards, I cant tell whats going on here really. :)

Sorry I should have mentioned ignore all the delayed sounds, pretend it was normal. For some reason when I record gameplay and save it with VLC it delays sound.

40 minutes ago, KukiKappa123 said:

Maybe he came trough a window, at the end you can hear his shots after he shot you like 1-2 seconds delay.

Is that even possible? The windows all look very thin, not like you could jump through. I'll have to test it. Even with this theory, should I not have heard the sound from jumping?

1 minute ago, ben_t said:

Is that even possible? The windows all look very thin, not like you could jump through. I'll have to test it. Even with this theory, should I not have heard the sound from jumping?

There are some were you can jump trough but i don't know for this building. Jumping isn't that loud or is it? :)

No. But if you look at the patch notes where the update is going to be rolled out tomorrow, I'm sure you'll be happy ;)

If, for example, I'm being fired at, it is often difficult to tell where I'm being shot from, since the sound seems to be coming from somewhere else. I've just played a game where the gunshot sound seemed like it was clearly coming from in front of me, but the guy was behind me. 

When I bought the game the day it came out on EA the overall sounds were pretty loud but not to loud, nothing turning down my headset couldn't fix if it was too loud. It seems past 2 days my sound volume is very low. I'm using my headset ( Logitech g430 ) on max volume and I find myself wanting to turn it up. Other games are fine and it seemed fine about a week ago in this game. Is it just me? I know their are sound issues getting resolved but my issue is that everything overall seems quieter. Is that one of the issues currently? If we could increase the in game volume just a little more that would fix my problem.

I've found a solution, you just have to move your "GameUserSettings.ini" into your desktop then, return the file into his initial folder.

But, you have to do that everytime you want to play...

If this solution can help you. Sorry for my English.

Posted (edited)

The loud bullet 'snap' is still not audible for me after the patch. However, I can now distinctly hear a 'wizz' of the bullet passing by so at least I am now aware I am being shot at. At this point it is no longer a game-play issue and may even be working as intended. Though the loud snap that was present before is definitely not yet back.

If there were a video that demonstrating what it should sound like when bullets pass by from a shooter at a long range (like 200m+) I could verify if my sound is correct.

Edited by Resilient

Bug Description:
Sound stuttering triggering low FPS when there are multiple sounds playing at once. Most noticeable;

• During initial lobby
  • When it rains
  • Bombing Runs
  • When firing a gun or being shot at (or near someone shooting)
  • Vehicles driving about

I am confident my FPS issues surround the sound issues. As soon as I die, the sound issues resolve themselves (even if the rain, bombing runs and shooting is the same) and my FPS increases from about 5 FPS to about 60+ FPS as the camera pans over my body. It's as if something changes when I die to stop the issue.

Date Seen:
06/04/2017 on latest patch

Troubleshooting Attempted:
Uninstalled/Reinstalled Audio drivers (restarting between each one)
Uninstalled headset drivers, using only Nvidia drivers for HDMI use. Still an issue (also updated these using same process)

Other Information:
Latest patch has improved this slightly. Audio doesn't lag as often (but still regularly occurs) and a 15% increase in FPS perhaps? However what this has done it would appear is allow for some more sounds to play before it lags again. So I guess the chance of it doing it has reduced but if the sounds peak rapidly then I still have the issue until the sounds stopped (well, they've all finished being rendered). This causes the same low 1-5 FPS.

Launch Options:
-d3d10

Was advised many others were introduced into the game by default so was not required.

System Specifications:

• Windows 7 Professional 64bit (SP1, updated)
  • Intel i7 965 Extreme @ 3.33GHz
  • 12GB RAM (Triple Channel)
  • Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • WesternDigital Harddrive with 300+ GB space free (differs to OS drive)
  • Corsair Vengeance 2100 USB Headset
  • 1920x1080 montior, via HDMI (Video and audio)

I've never experienced any issues before in other games using the same engine. Both via the graphics card and headset the audio glitches.

Also, I can use things like Teamspeak with no problems in the background and the sound of that is not affected. The sound issues appear contained within the game. I've played with and without Teamspeak running and no obvious difference to the issue.

Posted (edited)

Updating my reply-bugreport, with the last update (update 2) running:

Bug Description:
It happens when there are multiple sounds at the same time, suddenly the sound in general start to collapse, but now the FPS does not drop as much as before the update, and the sound stutter is not as hard as it used to be before. Anyway, it still happens.

Date Seen:
Since the first day I started the game, 30-31 March. Bug is less aggressive since April 6 (release of update 2) 

Reinstalled the game, installed all the latest drivers of the sound card, Graphics card… etc. Tried all the sounds options in the game, all the resolutions, windowed and full screened, all the Graphics options too.

In Windows, tried diferent quality options of the integrated sound card.

Nothing works. 

After Update, begins to work, but not definitely. At least it starts to be playable

Other Information:

Launch Options:
No one.

System Specifications:

ASUS F554LJ-XX770T Notebook 

Intel® Core™ i3-4005U Dual-Core (3M Cache, 1.7GHz)Windows 10 64 - pro
NVIDIA® GeForce® 920M 2GB

250GB SDD Samsung 850 EVO, 540MB/s, SATA III 

Soundcard - Realtek ALC233 @ Intel Broadwell PCH-LP - High Definition Audio Controller

Edited by NatxoBAS
grammar error, sorry for my english. :)

Bug Description:
When something is happening exactly 180 degrees behind me i cannot hear it at all (doesnt matter if its vehicle or somebody shooting 2 meters away).
Just to be clear sound is not low behind me, there is literally no sound at all.

Date Seen:
Since i bought the game on 23. March 2017

I tried using other headset and 5.1 speakers, same result.

Other Information:
/

Launch Options:
-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc=system -sm4 -lowmemory

System Specifications:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 TI
CPU: Intel I7 2600k
Ram: 8GB

Posted (edited)

I have had this bug in one game but it was really annoying, what happens is that i had the sound of someone else who jumped out next to me. so i got so scared when he fired off his m249 and i was just sitting in a house as the sound for me was like if i was shooting it by myself. i have uploaded a video on youtube with the bug shown. hope i gets fixed.

anyone else have had this bug??

Video will be up in 2 hours from now on

Edited by Cpt_Zatza

Bug Description:
Sound stutter during explosions, rain, etc.

Date Seen:
Since I bought the game on 03/23. After the 04/04 patch it still persists.

Reinstalled all drivers and verified game's integrity cache.

Other Information:
I fucking hate this.

Launch Options:
None.

System Specifications:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 650
CPU: Intel i3 4160
Ram: 16GB

Hi, I have a problem with directional sounds while inside a vehicle. On foot I have no problem at all, I hear shots from left to right or front to back. On a vehicle on the other hand. I am having trouble with directional sounds since I only hear shots on the left even though they are shooting from the right. Or another example is, I hear a vehicle on the left while im driving only to find out he's on my right..The problem is only when im inside a vehicle. doesn't matter who's driving.

Posted (edited)

Hi all

can someone test this

go to   command line ( admin)  - windows+x - common line admin and run - sfc/scannow  

i don't know helpful it or not, because i did it, and my game is working good now, but i don't know sfc/scannow   helped or not... please try it and  reply.

Edited by Energia

With the voice chat set to Team Only  and Push to Talk, not able to hear team mates in game, or able to speak in game, the mic icon does not show up either.

19 hours ago, Energia said:

Hi all

can someone test this

go to   command line ( admin)  - windows+x - common line admin and run - sfc/scannow  

i don't know helpful it or not, because i did it, and my game is working good now, but i don't know sfc/scannow   helped or not... please try it and  reply.

Tested, but made no difference for me. Thank you though.

4 hours ago, Vahdius said:

it is happening to me too

What's your specs? Devs need to know why your computer is different to those who have no issues. Saying it's happening to you helps no one.

1 person likes this