Hawkinz

Forum posting options

Hawkinz    770

Hey devs / people who manage this forum,

Is there an option with IP boards to allow advanced posting or something, so we can actually see the raw post formatting? Right now posting feels really limited and its even difficult to edit quotes etc when we cant see the raw bbcode. 

For example if I post a quote with [ quote] [/ quote] when I edit the post I can't see that formatting anymore.

Normally forums have a simple post option and an advanced post options..

Is this a feature of IP board and is it possible to switch it on?

Thanks

• Like 1

PUBG_FWG    1,068

Personally I like having this but I couldn't find any options for "advanced posting" sadly. I'll let you know if I discover anything. 

Hawkinz    770
2 hours ago, BG_FWG said:

Personally I like having this but I couldn't find any options for "advanced posting" sadly. I'll let you know if I discover anything. 

Damn! Ok, thanks for looking. I'll have a search when I'm not working, know lots about vbulletin but have never really use IP boards forum software.

Yeah for standard formatting posts this is awesome! but its just a bit limited when it comes to having control over formatting etc.

Thanks for responding.

--edit

I just googled "ip boards posting options formatting" and came up with this thread... seems this may be more difficult to find information about than I'd first assumed :P 

Edited by Hawkinz

okeli    17
7 minutes ago, Hawkinz said:

Hey thats pretty cool! Doesn't address my main issue but I'll definitely give that a shot.

Thanks

Forum administrators would have to install that

@BG_FWG

Hawkinz    770
7 minutes ago, okeli said:

Forum administrators would have to install that

@BG_FWG

Ah! I didn't look at it too closely (I'm at work, shh), I kind of just assumed it was a bbcode macro program that you could format your post with and then paste it into the forum.

Adding mods to forum software tends to be more of a hassle than anything, especially with ongoing compatibility and stability issues they often present. 

Oh well :):P 

Edited by Hawkinz