Riivz

Memory Error - Please Post Specifics

537 posts in this topic

Hmm, I just installed today windows 10 and game works without any errors.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Somebody any clue what's the Problem is? I've "played" the game 45min only to start and start and start over and over again, is there any solution?

And please more information as

On 26.3.2017 at 6:46 AM, Caesar of Roma said:

The devs are aware of it.

Thank you

And before you asking for system spec

58d9627351e15_systemspec1.png.a3ef8489e63b596adfec503d6288987d.png58d96274263f1_systemspec2.png.82cc8c120a952debfea46ae031e01643.png

Edited by Nimrod322
specification

Bug Description:

Game freezes and an error window pops up saying there is not enough video memory. 

Date Seen:

Happens constantly since release.

Troubleshooting Attempted:

Various video settings

Other Information:

Happens when I press tab to open inventory.

Most of the time it will crash my entire PC and force restart. The one time it didn't I managed to get a screenshot of the error.

Launch Options:
N/A

System Specifications:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64
Graphics Card: GTX 970 4GB
CPU: i7 4790K
Ram: 16GB

a5K7bya.png

Posted (edited)

Bug Description:

Game gives me a warning saying my video memory is low and needs to closes programs. I close everything open besides PUBG and TS or Discord, less than an hour later i get the message that forces you to close PUBG and freezes everything up.

Date Seen:

Happens a few times every time I play since Early access. Typically takes about an hour or two after i start playing to start acting up.

Troubleshooting Attempted:

Checked drivers, and have tried different video settings.

Other Information:

I watch my system temps and everything constantly. Nothing happens and then it just spikes and crashes.

I run very low settings, I found if i close everything else down it gets me a little more time but not much.

Launch Options:

-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc=system

System Specifications:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64
Graphics Card: GTX 1060 6GB
CPU: i7 7700HQ
Ram: 16GB

Edited by Prater_6

I've got 8GB of RAM. My RAM cards are fine, I've had them checked and they're not even a year old. But still sometimes when parachuting down, my game decides to crash and it tells me (in Dutch) that my RAM ran out. (Possibly a memory leak?) and my steam and PUBG just shut down. It always happens while loading in the map during parachuting or right after and never on other times.

Posted (edited)

It is not an erorr though. It is a message just like this: 

Additional%20Out-of-memory%20warning_png

( I did not screenshot mine, because it was Dutch so not useful to you lot. But this is exactly the same window, in English.)

And it only occurs in single-player games and rarely in team games, I do not know why.

Edited by I Don't Want Your Cookies

Did you try if the launch option / Startparameter "-malloc=system" might help?

Or did anyone give you the stupid suggestion to disable your computer's paging file? The message shown in the screenshot kinda suggests something down that path...

I have no clue about a paging file. I do not know what it is. Is there a way to see if it is disabled or enabled?

I did not try that launch option, no. But I'm more than happy to try.

I've googled the paging file, I've adjusted it. It  wasn't disabled but it wasn't automatic or it wasn't high enough, could that be something to be done with it? 

I've also restarted my computer, and after that it all worked fine so I do not know which of the two things solved the issue.

Leuk... changing the paging file does require a restart, so it kinda goes hand in hand.
Anyway, a misconfigured or even missing file can definitely cause such problems. Some people argue that plenty of RAM could make up for the lack, but numerous programs do require it to run properly.

I've verifyed the integrity as well via Steam. It showed all files had been validated and didn't download an extra thing though. 

I would assume it's some sort of memory leak or the lack of good optimization of the game just yet causes some kind of memory crash. I'm not entirely sure.

All my video settings are on verylow, and I have a Nvidia 750 videocard, which should be fine too. 

Many Player's with 8GB Ram are reporting this.

I think it's a Bug, so lets wait :/

9 hours ago, Finn said:

Many Player's with 8GB Ram are reporting this.

I think it's a Bug, so lets wait :/

Have 16gb Ram, both sticks worth fine.. It is much larger than just the players with 8GB I believe.

Hi all, i am currently getting this message error every time the game start after the matchmaking can someone help Please

17669025_10212255444402253_541776962_o.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So guys i have tested a few things.

1. The "Out Video Memory bug" (seem i have found a solution)

[This bug seems to happen if you are low on Ram 8GB seems the border, but i cant tell if it is really the problem]

On 23.3.2017 at 9:20 PM, Riivz said:

20170323_214110.jpg

58dd211acd16c_Videooutofmemory.png.22b9e39a2c766c0f55302bf71d127ecc.png

The error not shown up again since i changed the virutell Memory settings (but i had this bug only one Time so i dont know)

I'm simply changed all Settings of the virtual Memory from automatic to system Managed only the drive of the game i deactivated it. (See in the picture)

Tell me if that helps, would be nice to know how this bug happens.

Edited by Nimrod322
Specification

Next Bug "Memory Error cant write"

58dd2454aa558_Spielbartrotzerror.thumb.png.3af69bb7855186075921f666ac19cce2.png

Well i must say "fixed" is in this case not really the right expression. But i managed to play serveral rounds (instead of kicking out of the game every time)

First i kicked out my old memory (1066MHZ 2GB DDR) and put only my 1333MHZ 8GB DDR3 in. After that the game started and i could play my first Round (my suspicon was that my Memroy Sticks influence each other.....cant say that this was the fact but i works better and i'm not kicked every time) 

Next you see at my Screenshot that i was abel to play the game despite of the error, not a solution but a temporary fix

After that i tried to get ride of it, i created a simply script that empty the cache and serveral Times it worked the complet Round only when i was killed and want to go back to the main menue the error apeared and closed the game same time here not a solution but a temporary fix.

Every Time the game crashed with this error, i started the script a couple of times and then the game working again.

The Script i created is a simple routine that empty the cache every time you use it, the first Txt File is the script you can look over it to be sure its not a virus or something, the second is the end Product (you can check the Script simply by open it with your texteditor if you not trusting me). The script Works but you wont see it working (no screen or a interface) you only see what it done in the Ressource Monitor of Windows 

Free Cache.txt

Free Cache.vbs

58dd295810ce1_SolutionMemroybug.thumb.png.bb6cbb2e54e8d064f025161459dfe6a4.png

To look what my Script are doing open

1. Task Manager  (Strg + Alt + Entf )

2. Ressource Monitor than 

3. Memory

Every time you start the script the free Memory will be rise, it snapes back after a few seconds (dont worry its normal) 

I hope i could help somebody with this error, but like i said  its only a temporary fix and im not guarantee its working (it still working for me but you know.....)

Let me know if it works for you too.

5 hours ago, Nimrod322 said:

58dd295810ce1_SolutionMemroybug.thumb.png.bb6cbb2e54e8d064f025161459dfe6a4.png

To look what my Script are doing open

1. Task Manager  (Strg + Alt + Entf )

2. Ressource Monitor than 

3. Memory

Every time you start the script the free Memory will be rise, it snapes back after a few seconds (dont worry its normal) 

I hope i could help somebody with this error, but like i said  its only a temporary fix and im not guarantee its working (it still working for me but you know.....)

Let me know if it works for you too.

HEY MAN  Thank you^for your time but nit working for me -_- i hope they will fix it i played a few round the first day and iv loved it !

This Game is AWESOME :D

Sad for us it does not work as it should.

I'm sorry I could not help, had the weak hope that it also for others folds. 

But i'm  not done with this bug, i will give it tomorrow another try.

By  the way my game is buggy too, if you get this error Screen try to place it in a corner (push it out of your way as much as possibel) its not a solution but it works for me the most time, it can happens that you must click in your Game Screen sometimes Windows try to jump out of the background.

Tomorrow i try other ideas i have.

I keep you informed,do not give up! ;)

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Nimrod322 said:

This Game is AWESOME :D

Sad for us it does not work as it should.

I'm sorry I could not help, had the weak hope that it also for others folds. 

But i'm  not done with this bug, i will give it tomorrow another try.

By  the way my game is buggy too, if you get this error Screen try to place it in a corner (push it out of your way as much as possibel) its not a solution but it works for me the most time, it can happens that you must click in your Game Screen sometimes Windows try to jump out of the background.

Tomorrow i try other ideas i have.

I keep you informed,do not give up! ;)

Hahaha yeah man this game is absoluty SICK WHEN IT WORKS HAHAAHAHAHA yeah let me know if you find any thing .

Btw in on BOOTCAMP

with 32go Ram AMD R9 380 

it should be working ;) keep it up !