MelonManTV

Server Lag Report Thread

Tuck    2

Server: OCE074

Lots of network lag detected. Went on for about 5 minutes, then went away.

I get network lag detected constantly. I know for sure it's not my connection or pc. Have google fiber and a 4790k paired with a gtx1080. Will post logs as soon as I get home, but yeah, no excuse to get network lag detected 10 times a game. speedtest.png.5db614478a84516ba774f1cd45723b64.png

• Like 1

BigBoi    1

Huge lag issues right as i land from parachuting.  the house or whatever structure that i am trying to enter in is inaccessible due to it is not fully loaded.  I then get hit or shot or hurt in some way yet, i could not tell you how since i did not see the player that got me.  Screen freezes and states server lag detected, then it catches up and im dead.  please fix this issue...  it is a huge dissapointment

BigBoi    1

One more thing, also experiencing lag whenever another player enters my field of view.  As game persists, it seems the lag is catching up and doing better then, another player will enter my view and then it stutters again.  I have top of the line alienware computer, GTX1080, with a 20 MBPS down and 3.3 up.  all my other games play fine with no issue.

• Like 1

bagel-    0

Just, this is the third time I've gotten killed due to the lag. Whenever I get into a firefight or even if I encounter someone else I get uncontrollable lag, my game completely freezes and my screen says "network lag detected" and I end up dying. The game is honestly unplayable for me with this lag. I have perfect internet according to speed tests and my system is well within the requirements for the game, even people that I know with lower specs than me have a better time playing.

bagel-    0
22 hours ago, BigBoi said:

One more thing, also experiencing lag whenever another player enters my field of view.  As game persists, it seems the lag is catching up and doing better then, another player will enter my view and then it stutters again.  I have top of the line alienware computer, GTX1080, with a 20 MBPS down and 3.3 up.  all my other games play fine with no issue.

Yea, I get this exact same issue too.

RMaxT    0

I have been getting a lot of network lag today and yesterday it's almost made my game unplayable.

I will be experiencing no lag or frame drops but out of nowhere I will receive the "Network Lag Detected" and very rarely it will show up briefly and goes away, usually every time it stays up until I 'DC'. So this happens to me about 1 out of every 4 games I play and it is very frustrating and will usually happen near the end of games. I have close to Gigabyte (fiber) internet so my ping should be very very low. I have a feeling it is your servers or unless my internet is 'too fast' that it is causing lag which i could not see being the issue. My friends I play with never have this issue either which is strange cause they have your normal Comcast style internet which is around 50mb down and 6mb up...I hope this issue gets resolved, other than that the game is coming together great! keep it up!

Capture.PNG

el_topo42    0

Since the update last week, I'm getting really bad lag. I have a teleport effect, where the game hangs for a second and then I'm 5-10 meters away from where I was. 

It was perfectly fine before this update, it's driving me crazy! 

Speedtest.net coming in around 40-50Mbps on average for Download and 5-10Mbps upload. 

I get exactly what el_topo42 is experiencing. It only started after the update last week. I was playing before the update with no issues what so ever, then took an hour break while the update came on line. From the first game when I logged back in I immediately noticed lagging at times. I too get the game hanging for a second or two and then I'm 10 meters away from where I was. 

I'm on a good fibre connection with 100 mbs download speeds.  

I'm looking forward to this latest lagging issues being resolved as I'm loving the game! And after getting owned for most of the first 100 hours I'm now starting to win gun fight and make regular to tens. Can't wait for some smooth gameplay again.

Well I have to say that over the weeks that I have had this game the so called 'improvements' to the servers have been none existent............................ as with many I have to say that the lag since the last update is the worst I have experienced so far>:(  And as per usual the EU servers are by far the worst.......................

M4dH3r0    0

17 hours ago, el_topo42 said:

Since the update last week, I'm getting really bad lag. I have a teleport effect, where the game hangs for a second and then I'm 5-10 meters away from where I was. 

It was perfectly fine before this update, it's driving me crazy! 

Speedtest.net coming in around 40-50Mbps on average for Download and 5-10Mbps upload. 

Same here, after the last patch game is unplayable. Please fix this asap. 

OddShadow    0
3 hours ago, Wookiee_Pirate said:

Network Lag multiple times during game.

20170718222442_1.jpg

Okay.

This is exactly my problem to man.

I'm now playing for 2 weeks, and i have to say. The game is really awesome.

I played last week on monday evenings and had this problem all the time, when i played this weekend it was really playable!

I had some lag but thats okay. Now i thought, yess problem solved. But no... Played again yesterday evening and it was the exact same thing.

I think it's the number of players on the POBG server. Because evenings are all pretty busy especially midweek.

So I think we all have to wait until the moderater converms this or comes with other sulution. Please Forum admin/moderater reply.

Greets from OddShadow, Netherlands

Servus    0

Servers have been great for me until today, they seem to either maintain a slight rubber-banding effect throughout the whole game, or they suddenly start rubber banding a shedload.

The worst has been just now (6 minutes ago or so) on 6A6399 where every half a second I'm being moved somewhere and then moved back again on every movement.

Servus    0

Update: Turns out it was my ISP having routing issues, nothing to see here!

skhjhbfl    0

I've been getting a "connection timeout 2.4.22 - 824799" message pretty consistently now over the last few weeks. Once every few matches the lag detected message pops up and doesn't go away until I'm sent back to the menus.

I've got a 60 mbps download with 33 ms latency on a wired connection. I also have a 1080 ti and a i7 6700k. Getting a great loadout after scavenging for 10 minutes only to be booted back to the menus is ruining the game for me.

Edited by skhjhbfl

Just in case it helps someone else out, I seem to have fixed my lagging and frame rate drop issues. I too had many of the symptoms others have listed, and strangely enough they only started after the last monthly update. Before that I had no serious lagging issues.  After that update I was teleporting 10-15 meters at a time, and frame rates would drop from 55-60 down to 15-20 especially as I would look around etc. At times the game was unplayable.

It turns out all I had to do was turn off V-sync in the Nvidia control panel. I played last night after doing that and was getting a constraint 60-80 fps, and no noticeable lag at all. Maybe a hint of lag while parachuting, but noting that affect the gameplay at all. The game was basically flawless for me and so enjoyable! It's made the world of difference. 

84Dreaming    1
6 hours ago, Unknown Gimp said:

Just in case it helps someone else out, I seem to have fixed my lagging and frame rate drop issues. I too had many of the symptoms others have listed, and strangely enough they only started after the last monthly update. Before that I had no serious lagging issues.  After that update I was teleporting 10-15 meters at a time, and frame rates would drop from 55-60 down to 15-20 especially as I would look around etc. At times the game was unplayable.

It turns out all I had to do was turn off V-sync in the Nvidia control panel. I played last night after doing that and was getting a constraint 60-80 fps, and no noticeable lag at all. Maybe a hint of lag while parachuting, but noting that affect the gameplay at all. The game was basically flawless for me and so enjoyable! It's made the world of difference. 

Man i will try this, but seriously. The problem is deeper than that. It's in the coding, it's in the network etc they have to figure it out a bit faster.

Stability and performance have to be the utmost priority and i'd really like to see more relevant updates being pushed on those issues. 

I hope there is a big  update to network performance on the july(now august) monthly patch because right now its a very poor and frustrating experience connection wise, lags/desync galore... the "its early access, have patience" excuse can only hold for so long

Can we have an official response on when network performance will be addressed?