alex.higginbottom

Can no longer change keybindings under control panel

92 posts in this topic

I connected a controller, then binded a few buttons to my controller. I went into a game and all the buttons remapped, so I disconnected the controller out of game and restarted it and now I can't change a few key bindings. They are stuck mapped to nothing and I can't rebind them. Help please

1 person likes this

Try deleting the GameUserSettings.ini file and relaunch game

i cant change my controls eighter :( i cant hit the apply button if i change a key !!!

plz help

@xado you have to bind all the keys before you can apply. In my case I hit apt, it just doesn't work after I binded all the keys.

My friend tried playin this game with a controller which was working out fine until he could not change any of the different look speed slider options so then he wanted to go back to using a keyboard and mouse, and he can not even switch back because the keys will not restore to default for him and when he tried to move his character with his keyboard there were no keys mapped to it so he would put them back in over and over but they would never apply I later tried this myself so I could try to help him fix it but I could not get it to work either PLEASE fix this because as of right now we cannot play the game as is with these controllers and we have debated on refunding even though we absolutely love this game and I myself really really want to play more of it but as of now we can't I know we are not the only ones with this problem and thanks for making an awesome game.

i did the same with a  controller and now cant rebind keys or play game , did u find a fix for this ?

Exact same problem here. I cant play the game anymore  right now.
Pls pls pls Fx

Try to verify the integrity of the game if you deleted the file. It should re-download your .ini file and put everything back to default. :-)  
@DaleCooper @dalebass

same problem ive spent probably triple the time ive played the closed beta and steam beta trying to fix this problem.

the .ini file is nowhere in any folder of the games files. refunding

I can't find any ini files and I've re installed about 5 times onto different hard drives. Going to have to go down the refund route next Fml 😂😬😢

9 hours ago, dalebass said:

I can't find any ini files and I've re installed about 5 times onto different hard drives. Going to have to go down the refund route next Fml 😂😬😢

Hey mate,

Hold the windows key then hit R to open the run dialog, type in %appdata%

It'll open a folder in windows explorer, up the top on the address bar click AppData as seen in the image below.

6vxDYpF.png

Now on the right hand side, search for Tslgame as seen below and open the tslgame folder:

5VJyZ0Y.png

Now you need to click through a few folders, Saved, Config and then open the WindowsNoEditor folder where you should be able to locate GameUserSettings.ini as seen below:

JyAVYoJ.png

Delete the file and then relaunch the game and you should be good to go!

@dalebass @dantedel @Tended30 @alex.higginbottom

4 people like this

Deleting the .ini file was a good tip BUT before you do that I found that in order to make the game apply keybindings you have to make sure you set A KEY FOR EVERYONE COMMAND IN THE MENU, EVEN IF YOU DON'T INTEND TO USE THAT COMMAND...once ALL the keybinding slots are filled, the APPLY button illuminates.  A pain yes, but that's how it works for now.  I just set out of the way keys to features Ill never use...and then once ALL the slots have a entry, the APPLY button illuminates, you hit it and the game keeps the bindings.

1 person likes this

Thanks a lot hawkinz that worked a treat !!! i was going demented trying to resolve this  ...i tried the option of making sure every action was binded to a key and hitting apply but it never worked  :D:D

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, dalebass said:

Thanks a lot hawkinz that worked a treat !!! i was going demented trying to resolve this  ...i tried the option of making sure every action was binded to a key and hitting apply but it never worked  :D:D

Great! 

Very glad to hear its fixed for you :) 

Thank you for updating us.

1 person likes this

I may have done this to myself but I cant seem to fix the issue. I can no longer apply or change any settings under the controls panel. My interact key which should be F is currently blank, and every time I try and change it back to F, I press apply and yet it doesn't actually apply. I have tried uninstalling the game/settings but yet its still saved. Please Help Thank You!!

1 person likes this

I am having the same issue, UI will not save control settings, or reset to default. #feelsbadman

My key mapping controls won't let me change after I hit apply. Even when I hit default and apply it still won't apply. This is a problem because I currently have spring crouch and shoot unbound and it won't let me change. Please help 

And all controls will be bonded to keys when I hit apply but the apply still will not take.

I'm having the same problem. I've tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it through steam but it leads to the same fate. I currently have sprint crouch and fire unbound. GL winning with those off. Sucks too bc I've never had a gaming pc and this was the deciding game that pushed me to join the master race and now I can't even play it :( 

Same problem. I have yet to play this game bc ofnit and I've had it since the day of release. Hawkins your fix doesn't work the same way with my computer(windows 10)