alex.higginbottom

Can no longer change keybindings under control panel

92 posts in this topic

On 3/26/2017 at 4:56 PM, vsvp_gotti said:

I may have done this to myself but I cant seem to fix the issue. I can no longer apply or change any settings under the controls panel. My interact key which should be F is currently blank, and every time I try and change it back to F, I press apply and yet it doesn't actually apply. I have tried uninstalling the game/settings but yet its still saved. Please Help Thank You!!

Hey Gotti, you need to delete your GameUserSettings.ini which can be found here:

C:\Users\YOUR COMPUTER NAME\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

This is also a known issue with plugging in and removing Game controllers. 

1 person likes this

Please remove or fix controller support. I can not set my controls back to default. I get stuck in the air every time i am parachuting at start so this means no single player combat. I can no longer open my inventory after trying to set my controls for a controller. Please just take out the controller imput.

Hey mate,

Hold the windows key then hit R to open the run dialog, type in %appdata%

It'll open a folder in windows explorer, up the top on the address bar click AppData as seen in the image below.

6vxDYpF.png

Now on the right hand side, search for Tslgame as seen below and open the tslgame folder:

5VJyZ0Y.png

Now you need to click through a few folders, Saved, Config and then open the WindowsNoEditor folder where you should be able to locate GameUserSettings.ini as seen below:

JyAVYoJ.png

Delete the file and then relaunch the game and you should be good to go!

2 people like this

Hi,

PeekLeft and PeekRight on Shift + Q and Shift + E doesnt work

I have already test your tip but doesnt change anything :(

"Tsl" not found anywhere in my pc? "GameUserSettings" not found anywhere either. I'm having the same problem. I changed a few buttons now when I hit default and apply nothing changes. My sprint and INTERACT are blank and I cant change it. So everything works ok when I play but I cant INTERACT WITH ANYTHING!! So no opening doors or picking up anything...AWESOME smh..please fix this cmon. Cuz I cant play with keyboard or mouse either. same problem either way

Hawkinz you done it thank you so much i haven't been able to play the game for days. thanks again

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, a54ley2121 said:

Hawkinz you done it thank you so much i haven't been able to play the game for days. thanks again

Yay! Very happy to hear that mate :) Thank you for letting us know.

Thank you 

I plugged in my PS4 controller at one point and reconfigured my driving settings and i clicked accept, little did i know they were red meaning no inputs in game(no key binding) so i went into controls and have tried countless times trying to change my settings back to default manually and also pressing default but nothing is working, ive gone to the trouble of even uninstalling my game and redownloading it and still nothing has worked, after this has happened i am unable to redirect my character in mid air after leaving the plane to deploy on the ground but walking and and aim down sight movement still works.

Currently having the same issues. I'm not able to reset my key binds. I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling 

since the second day i havent been able to play the dang game..i change my keys to make easy for me to play and when i press apply and ok..EVERYTHING RESETED now i been stuck with no controller to play with..i start up the game just to watch people move and when i get to the plane it just automatically jump off..i try all types of things like %appdatta% but when im send to the files i dont see no tls file ! which make no sense. i look for the file on steam folder and games and i find the pubg file but nothing that allows me to default my controller...i just dont understand how they having this stupid problem and not fix it quick..its soo stupid. my other key i bought for a friend he cant even log on to the dang game! wtf!

The wierd thing about changing key bindings is that If you dont set a key for absolutely everything, the apply button will be greyed out. In order to change the bindings, make sure every action is binded to something.

having the same issue + the keybindings change bythemself. its not really funny when you are ingame and you cant acces your inventory and not even can rebind it.

what really tilts me is that sometimes ingame the keybindings change. it seems like the game forces the keyboard to switch from ger to english and back all the time.

i played games where i rebinded it 3 times and it still keeps switching....

I made an account on here so I could say thanks to Hawkinz lol . Thank you for the post, I love this game even more now that I can use my keyboard and mouse!

Posted (edited)

so whoever is still having trouble, Hawkinz post does work. i could not find the files either but i also didnt read the instructions clear enough. after you type %AppData% in the windows run prompt, click the app data words in the address bar it opens the folder that has local and roaming files the file is in local files which for some reason is hidden on my pc and cant access it without this method. it does work and im using windows 10. thank you Hawkinz you saved me from the refund hassle

Edited by Deltawolf

#1 Close your game

#2 Go to C:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved

#3 Delete whole "Config" folder and run game again

I can no longer land on the ground my parachute stops at 65 meters, and also I change my key mappings to my controller and can't change it back and I can't interact with the map or inventory on my controller. 

Hello since i have the game i cant change the touch i want Put z instead of w

thanks in advance

Well, just when I start the game my ingame-resolution is kind of strange. I tried every resolution given on my laptop but it won't seem to fix it.

To the real problem: my mouse-pointer (the arrow) doesn't activate the area it's clicked.

For example the mouse is here and I click ->*

It's going to be clicked here -> *

Here is a Video of the screen with this bug/error

Alterei uma tecla de corrida (Shift) Tantando configurar um controle de xbox para jogar, mas depois isso uma tecla foi desabilitada e não aceita qualquer nova configuração .....

Obs: Reinstalei o jogo, Excluindo o arquivo de configuração das chaves, Restauração de um padrão de configuração não é, no entanto, não aplicável. Salvas ... por favor me ajudem tem como jogar sem correr nesse jogo. (ISSO SÓ ACONTECE COM A TECLA RESPONSÁVEL PELA CORRIDA COMO OUTRAS TECLAS SÃO CONFIGURADAS NORMALMENTE)

Yes me too i have the same problem. well at first if i remember correctly everything was fine i could click the option and shutdown button on top right corner. After i changed resolution settings, i think i only set graphics to medium. 
Now  i have the same problem as you. On the main menu , if i put my mouse on the turn off button, instead it clic on Statistics. Its like everything is misplaced, really annoying./

I hope someone finds an answer to  our problem.

i just found a bug... i tried to swap to controller for a game, binded all of the moving keys to controller and the zoom and fire keys all to controller and it worked fine, but as i switched back to mouse/keyboard, now the "fire" bind will not be reset back to mouse1. it unbinds my fire key whenever i leave the settings menu and i cant get it to stop. i tried quitting game and restarting, and also uninstalling and reinstalling but it doesnt work. this is gamebreaking because i cant shoot any weapons and therefore cannot play the game effectively. please look into this and if you could let me know when and if it gets fixed, that would be great!! i looked online and nobody else seems to be having this issue.