alex.higginbottom

Can no longer change keybindings under control panel

94 posts in this topic

I tried using a controller to play PUBG as im originally a console player and not good with keyboard and mouse, so i adjusted the controls to a controller layout and after realising the game wont let you open your chute (as it just leaves you hanging in the air, and you are forced to cut the chute) i swapped back to keyboard and mouse, well.. tried.. you see i cant change the controls back, they are just blank so i cant do anything, i tried resetting to default and hitting apply but the controls dont change. is there something in the files i have to delete?

16 minutes ago, altijdwat said:

remove the map with .ini files.

Go to %APPDATA% using the File Explorer
Go to [Local] – [ShooterGame] or [TslGame] – [Saved] – [Config] – [WindowsNoEditor]

15 minutes ago, altijdwat said:

Go to %APPDATA% using the File Explorer
Go to [Local] – [ShooterGame] or [TslGame] – [Saved] – [Config] – [WindowsNoEditor]

it says:

compat

device profiles

editorperprojectusersetting

engine

game

gameplaytags

gameusersettings

hardware

input

lightmass

scalablility

i dont see a map and whats an ini file

.ini is an extension (you might have hidden that you can turn it on under map options in windows). Remove all from the that map [WindowsNoEditor] restart game and everything is back to default.

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:40 PM, Deltawolf said:

so whoever is still having trouble, Hawkinz post does work. i could not find the files either but i also didnt read the instructions clear enough. after you type %AppData% in the windows run prompt, click the app data words in the address bar it opens the folder that has local and roaming files the file is in local files which for some reason is hidden on my pc and cant access it without this method. it does work and im using windows 10. thank you Hawkinz you saved me from the refund hassle

thank you so much this worked for me ..you legend .

If you have an Xbox controller plugged into your PC and if any input comes from the controller it will automatically switch to the game only being controlled by the controller. There is no way to go back to using the gamepad. If you unplug the controller while in game, the plug controller screen comes up but cannot be bypassed. 

Bug Description:

I had my Xbox 1 controller turned on when I started the game, while playing Battlegrounds I used my keyboard as most competitive players would, my controller turned itself off when it discovered it wasn't being used, bringing up the 'Controller disabled, press x to continue' screen where it completely disabled my keyboard and mouse. It continued to do this throughout the game without me being able to do anything about but turn my controller back on again, wait 10 seconds, and continue. As you can imagine this rather frustrated me when It happened in the middle of a gun fight (Don't worry I'm not going to bash you about how many problems this game has, I know it's only in alpha).

I'd hope that maybe an option to enable/disable controllers (Disabled by default) would be added.

Date Seen:

14 April 2017

Troubleshooting Attempted:

Smashing all the buttons on my keyboard

Other Information:

None

Launch Options:

None

System Specifications:

Windows 10 x64

GPU: GTX 960 2gb

CPU: i5 4690

Ram: 8gb DDR3

i wanted to play with an xbox controller and when i plugged it in nothing worked, and i disconnected the controlller from my pc and now i can`t bin any driver keys. PLEASE HELP

Same as Rag$

Please insert full xbox controller support.

I mean, if the controller is connected the game loads default controller settings! 

Other games have this feature also ;)

At the moment, we have go to settings and bind all keys to the controller button.

And than the controller only work in the game only.

So please fix the controller settings.

1 person likes this

After i plugged in a controller for a while ago i can't bind anything to driver settings. So i don't want to play the game untill it is fixed. 

16 hours ago, Rag$ said:

i wanted to play with an xbox controller and when i plugged it in nothing worked, and i disconnected the controlller from my pc and now i can`t bin any driver keys. PLEASE HELP

Please read the first page of this thread. Cheers.

-

There are many known bugs with controllers at the moment which will be fixed, unfortunately I can't give you a time frame on when these this will happen.

The top priority right now is game optimization and stability. 

1 person likes this

Hello, I HAD the same issue with jumping, I could not bind the jump key after i used my PS4 controller.

Here is what i did..
Go to start menu and type in "Run"    Type %appdata% and press enter     Click "AppData" in the address bar   Click "local"   >TslGame>Saved>Config>WindowsNoEditor

Then click on "GameUserSettings"

You should see a all your setting for the game you just have to search for you're keys you want binded and replace what it has binded to the key you want, so you basically are doing it manually.

Hope this helps and happy hunting. 

1 person likes this

Hello, I have a problem with the game, I configured the buttons with a controller with the xpadder, but then I wanted to return to the default configuration of the game with keyboard and mouse, but I already get the configuration of keyboard buttons in red and do not You can put it by default never, never save the configuration, and on the other hand when I jump from the plane, and I take the parachute, I stay in the air floating at 50 feet in height and short the ropes because if I do not stay floating, then I fall Dead to the ground, solutions please.

En español:

Hola, tengo un problema con el juego, he configurado los botones con un controlador con el xpadder, pero luego quería volver a la configuración por defecto del juego con el teclado y el ratón, pero ya tengo la configuración de los botones del teclado en rojo Y no lo puedes poner por defecto nunca, nunca guarda la configuración, y ya no puedo jugar, y por otro lado cuando salto del avión, y tomo el paracaídas, me quedo en el aire flotando a 50 pies de altura y corta las cuerdas porque Si no me quedo flotando, entonces caigo muerto al suelo, soluciones por favor.

WhatsApp Image 2017-04-20 at 01.09.54 (1).jpeg

Posted (edited)

So I have moved my Windows taskbar to the top of the screen on my desktop because I find it more convenient. Now however, on the main menu in the game, my cursor is a taskbar width wrong. By that I mean the the point at which the cursor is on the screen and the part that is actually highlighted on the menu is about 1cm different, the cursor being 1cm underneath the target. This may have some effect in game, explaining why i cant hit anything recently, although I could just be trash.

This only affects in fullscreen mode. There is no effect in windowed borderless (but there is obvoiusly frame drop playing in this mode)

It means now I must put my taskbar back to the bottom in order to play the game properly.

Edited by Nemesis_Omega

15 hours ago, ivalice27® said:

Hello, I have a problem with the game, I configured the buttons with a controller with the xpadder, but then I wanted to return to the default configuration of the game with keyboard and mouse, but I already get the configuration of keyboard buttons in red and do not You can put it by default never, never save the configuration, and on the other hand when I jump from the plane, and I take the parachute, I stay in the air floating at 50 feet in height and short the ropes because if I do not stay floating, then I fall Dead to the ground, solutions please.

Warning this will also set your graphic and mouse sensitivity to defaults.

1. Go to C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
If you can't see the folder AppData make sure you have checked the "view hidden items" button in the View tab in windows explorer
2. Delete the file GameUserSettings.ini
3. Verify your game files
4. Start the game

Bug Description:
Tried using a controller, entered in new key mapping to match the plugged-in XBOX1 controller. Figured out controller is not best for this game, but cannot switch back since re-mapping keys doesn't work. (
see attached screenshot)

Date Seen:
April 2017

Server: 
not on test server 

Troubleshooting Attempted:
Tried manually remapping keys, resetting keys, setting back to default, uninstalling then reinstalling game, but nothing has worked.

Other Information:
PLASE HALP! 

System Specifications:
Operating System: Windows
Graphics Card:1070 NVIDA
CPU: i7
Ram: 32

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS 04.20.2017 - 11.53.35.01.png

I tried to play PUBG with my xbox controller and everthing was fine except for the fact that I couldnt aim up. It would just aim straight back to where it was before but it would let me aim low. So when I tried to go back to playing with my m+k, I tried to change the controls back to default and it did not work.

I am having the same problems. There is no file that I can see called GameUserSettings.ini

5 minutes ago, Jordan10 said:

I am having the same problems. There is no file that I can see called GameUserSettings.ini

Hi Jordan, just double check you're looking in the LOCAL folder inside Appdata and not ROAMING.

Go through the instructions outlined in my post below and you should find it.

2 minutes ago, Hawkinz said:

Hi Jordan, just double check you're looking in the LOCAL folder inside Appdata and not ROAMING.

Go through the instructions outlined in my post below and you should find it.

Thanks man it worked!

i been playing with a Xbox One pad now it wont put my setting back to DEFAULT been trying for a few hours now. No good plzz fix :)

I have encountered same issue, the switched buttons no longer recovering to default setting. 
If Xbox 360 controller removed from my pc, but my several PUBG setting have remained to blank as non key yet.
Even I uninstall / re-install PUBG & steam, this issue no longer fix.
pls help me, I cannot execute Interact, ToggleMap and ToggleInventory..

Since today my PUBG decided to not let me jump anymore.

He refuses to even bind it to any key. ( Gives a redmarker also on the bind of jump).

Also it always goes back towards - ( Before I had it on spacebar.).