alex.higginbottom

Can no longer change keybindings under control panel

92 posts in this topic

Hopefully the Battleground Should Sort this out ASAP

Thanks for all the Help guys!! :)

Yesterady,I want to use Controller to play this game, when i changing my ControlSetting from Pc Keyboard to Controlle(like RB,LB,RT,LT).

i find that it's not work,

then.i try to change back controller setting into PCkeyboard(W,A,S,D)

BUT IT'S BUG,I CAN'T CHANGE IT BACK 

gCdJL3C.png

NgdB00v.png

bhQDVdT.png

gdj5TVh.png

Please HELP!!!

Lets make this quick, my dad often plays when I am away at work or school, and he refuses to use a keyboard so he gets his old Xbox 360 controller and binds all of the keys he needs to that. The problem occurs when I come back on to play and hitting the "DEFAULT" and "APPLY" buttons won't work, the key bindings go red with a "-" through them. Even when I hand enter every control and hit "APPLY" nothing gets saved, and the same red happens. Even though it is red, the controller still works for the keys originally assigned to it. The only solution I have found is uninstalling the game and all of its files to reinstall again. This may seem insignificant, and maybe it is, but i'm sure i'm not the only one that has found this issue. Thanks for such a great game!

When I switch a key binding to Left Ctrl the "Apply" Button gets disabled and can't click it. When I set key binding to other keys (not Left Ctrl) it works.

I have experienced this issue since i purchased the game as well.  I have deleted every possible file i can locate related to PUBG and reinstalled the game 3 times and have not had it fix. Can someone give me a solution(or something i may have missed) or do i just have to go refund method?

1 person likes this

Whenever I play battle grounds, I always have to minimize my taskbar, otherwise all of the buttons have a very noticeable offset of about 50-100px. It's an extremely minor issue, but extremely annoying 

On 2017-3-24 at 6:07 AM, Hawkinz said:

Hey mate,

Hold the windows key then hit R to open the run dialog, type in %appdata%

It'll open a folder in windows explorer, up the top on the address bar click AppData as seen in the image below.

6vxDYpF.png

Now on the right hand side, search for Tslgame as seen below and open the tslgame folder:

5VJyZ0Y.png

Now you need to click through a few folders, Saved, Config and then open the WindowsNoEditor folder where you should be able to locate GameUserSettings.ini as seen below:

JyAVYoJ.png

Delete the file and then relaunch the game and you should be good to go!

@dalebass @dantedel @Tended30 @alex.higginbottom

i have tried that and now when i try to start oubg it just comes up saying  Failed to read initialization file. HELP!!!

I have had almost an identical issue and i still haven't been able to fix it.  I run %appdata% and then i search for TSI and nothing shows up. Really would love to play this game and have not been able to.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I do not know if this is a known problem, however since the Closed Beta I had already noticed this and as so far has not been solved I decided to report here.

When you use the Windows Taskbar on the left side or above, the Main Menu and the item inventory (I believe happen with the entire game navigation interface) is misaligned with the mouse cursor getting the true "activation" "More to the left or down depending on where the taskbar is (visually still appears in the same place) [[Full Screen mode only]].

Moving the bar down or right instantly solves the problem without having to restart the game.

I tried to make a recording with the fraps, but on the recording the cursor seemed to be in the correct place even if the screen was not there for me.

I decided to record with the smathphone camera.

Leave your comment below if this also happens for you. I do not think it could be a problem for me.

Edited by ✔️eTeam linK

Hello Mate; Try Looking in here as a possible fix.

5 hours ago, Aldawgs said:

Hello Mate; Try Looking in here as a possible fix.

I know that clicking more to the right side works, even so it's a problem, mainly to manage the inventory of atachments.

And I also know how to get around the problem, just move the windows taskbar down as I said in the post.

I created this topic for the purpose of informing the DEVs about the problem, but I do not know if they usually check this forum.

I can't apply or save any changes to my key binds.  I don't like the natural key binds and it's making the game infuriating to play.

CAN NOT APPLY CHANGE OF CONTROLS IN SETTINGS

Game Version EARLY ACCESS - v2.2.47

1 person likes this

After I play with a Xbox Joystick,I can't change my control that it changed the keys to "-" with red background.And when I changed all the "-" to keys and click “Apply” and "OK", it still didn't change,it still is "-".And now I can't sprint,reload the guns,change the mod of guns,change the next weapon etc.

How should I do now?I tried delete steam and battleground,but none of them work.

Please help!!

same issue as guy above me, suddenly happened today when loading up the game, checked and deleted %appdata%/local/tslgame, it didnt recreate the file, at this point i uninstalled the game, and then reinstalled and ran it, still did not work. Seems to no longer be using the appdata folder or creating the requisite config files.

please help me with this. i changed all my buttons to use the controller now i cant reload and it wont let me apply the default settings. how do i fix this it happened about 3weeks ago and im so fucking pissed

On 5/11/2017 at 11:58 PM, ✔️eTeam linK said:

I do not know if this is a known problem, however since the Closed Beta I had already noticed this and as so far has not been solved I decided to report here.

When you use the Windows Taskbar on the left side or above, the Main Menu and the item inventory (I believe happen with the entire game navigation interface) is misaligned with the mouse cursor getting the true "activation" "More to the left or down depending on where the taskbar is (visually still appears in the same place) [[Full Screen mode only]].

Moving the bar down or right instantly solves the problem without having to restart the game.

I tried to make a recording with the fraps, but on the recording the cursor seemed to be in the correct place even if the screen was not there for me.

I decided to record with the smathphone camera.

Leave your comment below if this also happens for you. I do not think it could be a problem for me.

thats ur resolution u gott lower it possibly from 1080x920 to 1360x760 u know?

On 5/9/2017 at 8:40 PM, blazkmore said:

I have had almost an identical issue and i still haven't been able to fix it.  I run %appdata% and then i search for TSI and nothing shows up. Really would love to play this game and have not been able to.

A more straight forward directory to the appdata for Tslgame is "C:\Users\[YourUsername]\AppData\Local\Tslgame\Saved\Config\NoWindowsEditor

On 5/8/2017 at 9:42 PM, mutantherb13 said:

i have tried that and now when i try to start oubg it just comes up saying  Failed to read initialization file. HELP!!!

Instead of deleting the file, what you can do is use the find function, found in edit or by pressing ctrl+f. You then just type in the name of the function you wish to replace. For instance, if you want to change your movement keys, you search "move", then where it says "key=gamepad_stick_X+" or something along that line after the function you want to change (something along the lines of "function_name=move_forward" or "axis_name=move_forward"), change it to "key=w" or whatever you need for whatever function you would like to change. If you DO delete the file and opening the game doesn't restore it, go to your game's properties, local files, then validate your files. It should notice it's missing and download the default file. Let me know if this doesn't help.

Devs, if you could find a way to fix this issue w/ controllers, it would be highly appreciated. I have a Steam Controller I use primarily while playing PUBG due to its versatility and ease of use. It allows the granular adjustments w/ analog movement, it allows for the seamless aiming controls of a mouse, but it still has the option of being rigid like a keyboard in your configs if that is what you want. Granted, the default config is fairly comfortable on kb&m, and while I'm more comfortable w/ a controller, I would still like to have the option to switch back and forth as I please, depending on my mood, or if I'm finding I'm not doing particularly well w/ one method. This could be fixed by adding in a secondary button for all the functions. I won't say, "it could easily be fixed by doing this," I don't know how much it would cost you guys in dev time to implement this, but it would be fantastic to see it happen. I would also like proper button icons in-game if that is possible for you guys, it would do a great deal for me introducing this game to friends when they come over, as well as just general usability. :)

Thank you guys for making a great game, I'm loving the improvements you have already made and look forward to the development of this title. :D

Edited by RetroHellspawn