kilobyte

Anyone else underwhelmed by the patch?

kilobyte    11

I don't know why, maybe it was the hype but I was just expecting a lot more from the patch. There are some cool things in there but they've been selling it as massive updates all the time and this one just felt "meh". I dunno, just kinda let down and hoping the next one is more sizable.

Tykjen    172

This is early access. Hype? People need to stop acting like PUBG is a full game and take more part in the feedback process of bugs and issues.

• Like 2

I'll be happy if they continue working, its a meh patch but i prefeer going step by step, and not have high advances with more bugs. I hope all the new content doesnt make new bugs 

blackdude0    150

Developer a humans. They dont have magic powers, that makes them fix and add issues in no time.

They have to work on it and that takes time. Stuff will happen one step at the time.

31 minutes ago, kilobyte said:

I don't know why, maybe it was the hype but I was just expecting a lot more from the patch. There are some cool things in there but they've been selling it as massive updates all the time and this one just felt "meh". I dunno, just kinda let down and hoping the next one is more sizable.

Not underwhelming at all. They fixed a lot of bugs and provided some QoL features as well. Not every patch is gonna be adding 18 guns or 5 helmets. 

Ragotag    72
9 minutes ago, Tykjen said:

This is early access. Hype? People need to stop acting like PUBG is a full game and take more part in the feedback process of bugs and issues.

+1

poach    5

I'm overwhelmed, they specifically said they would be only working optimization and said to expect the first optimization patch in the 1st week of April.

innerjo    8

Well, I like the client optimizations and stuff, but definitely looking more forward to new content.

OzRecon    78

Week 1 patch as well as daily server updates (which are sorely needed) leaves you underwhelmed? Some games they are lucky to get monthly patches of this size. Content patches are the monthly ones so in 3 weeks. That will be when we see any new weapons, attachments etc 

• Like 2

underwhelmed? 

No, it's the first of many fella. Rome wasn't built in a day. Changes are coming, the Vault, Climb, Jump animation prtotypes will be completed in around 2 days so hopefully they will be comming soon. 

kilobyte    11
3 minutes ago, redemption99 said:

Don't worry the first monthly patch is going to be huge, that is where the really big stuff will be.

That is more what I'm afraid of. Game has a lot of knobs and levers when it comes to design and balance. They should be tweaking them throughout, not all at once. That's just bad design and there's no way to predict if it'll be good or not in mass market form.

Nomad    689
3 hours ago, kilobyte said:

It's been a week and the update is very welcome! Don't forget a lot of Early Access games don;t even get an update like this for 3 to 4 weeks or more. They are doing good imo. Not to mention there are three kinds of updates scheduled throughout the planned 6 months. 

Early Access Schedule

During Early Access, we plan to release updates in 3 phases.

•          Daily updates, to improve server performance 
  •          Weekly updates, to push bug fixes & client performance and stability fixes 
  •          Monthly updates, to add new content and push balance passes for game-play

Just took a little bit from this post here. 

Abeovolts    15

Don't forget that this is a weekly update, the only big updates we will get are Once a month update, they will contain many bug, server and other fixes along with maybe new content(s). I myself am happy with the upcoming update tomorrow, as long as they fix server issues around April 14th ^_^ 

Hang in there! I would only start complaining if the Devs literally don't do anything for the next few months. :P

derangeR-    7
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kilobyte said:

That is more what I'm afraid of. Game has a lot of knobs and levers when it comes to design and balance. They should be tweaking them throughout, not all at once. That's just bad design and there's no way to predict if it'll be good or not in mass market form.

You have bought and been playing an Early Access Beta - don't act like it was sold to you as a finished product, or that you paid the same as a triple A title for it. I'm amazed by how the game is so far, and the fact that the devs have given us as much info on the coming updates that they have is really impressive.

Give it time.

Edited by derangeR-
  • Like 1

Hit_Marka    96

Anyone got to play on the Aussie servers yet?..feedback please.  I have to wait to get home to do this, its driving me nuts!

OzRecon    78
3 minutes ago, Hit_Marka said:

Anyone got to play on the Aussie servers yet?..feedback please.  I have to wait to get home to do this, its driving me nuts!

Patch isn't due until 6 pm mate. 

Prepare to die after that :]

• Like 1

Hit_Marka    96
Just now, OzRecon said:

Patch isn't due until 6 pm mate. 

Prepare to die after that :]

Hehe yeh ijust helped another guy out with the time zones and also figured out in was 6 pm, so these guys in this thread have the patch but are OS obviously?  Mate my eldest son will be raping the Aussie servers when he gets on, he is a bloody brilliant player, im ok but my broadband is only standard adsl.  Son has a uber university fibre connection, something insane like 1 giabit connection backbone   thing.  He was winning matches on the Asian server and thas something considering the horrendous lag to that thing.  But yeh, might c u in my sights later tonight.  ;-) 

OzRecon    78
3 minutes ago, Hit_Marka said:

Hehe yeh ijust helped another guy out with the time zones and also figured out in was 6 pm, so these guys in this thread have the patch but are OS obviously?  Mate my eldest son will be raping the Aussie servers when he gets on, he is a bloody brilliant player, im ok but my broadband is only standard adsl.  Son has a uber university fibre connection, something insane like 1 giabit connection backbone   thing.  He was winning matches on the Asian server and thas something considering the horrendous lag to that thing.  But yeh, might c u in my sights later tonight.  ;-) 

Yeah I'll be there. Same user name in game - was number 3 on Asia for a while. Not bad for a 52 year old with bad eyesight and needing new glasses :]

Looking forward to Aussie servers and the rest of the patch.

Hit_Marka    96
3 minutes ago, OzRecon said:

Yeah I'll be there. Same user name in game - was number 3 on Asia for a while. Not bad for a 52 year old with bad eyesight and needing new glasses :]

Looking forward to Aussie servers and the rest of the patch.

Im 57, old gamer, my kids love me cause they think Dad's cool.  I was a beta tester for Croteam back in the day and got my name in the credits of Serious Sam, the first encounter ( funny how my second son's name is Sam? ;-)  anyway they think that is so cool,  its the only game they own that they won't sell or  trade!    I am retired ( cop) now due to spinal trauma and gaming is one of the few things that has kept me sane.  I'm laid up at the  moment only having just got out of Hospital yesterday from an ankle op.( op number 26!..can u believe it..i must be due to win Lotto).but I should be on later tonight, even though I might a bit spaced out on meds.  Is OzRecon your Steam ID as well?  We use Discord to communicate too.

• Like 1

OzRecon    78
1 minute ago, Hit_Marka said:

Im 57, old gamer, my kids love me cause they think Dad's cool.  I was a beta tester for Croteam back in the day and got my name in the credits of Serious Sam, the first encounter ( funny how my second son's name is Sam? ;-)  anyway they think that is so cool,  its the only game they own that they won't sell or  trade!    I am retired ( cop) now due to spinal trauma and gaming is one of the few things that has kept me sane.  I'm laid up at the  moment only having just got out of Hospital yesterday from an ankle op.( op number 26!..can u believe it..i must be due to win Lotto).but I should be on later tonight, even though I might a bit spaced out on meds.  Is OzRecon your Steam ID as well?  We use Discord to communicate too.

I'll PM you rather then take over the thread lol

I'm pretty satisfied. It's the first weekly update, and it resolved some rather troubling issues that have persisted for a while. Would I have enjoyed more? Who wouldn't, but they've been doing good so far. I'd rather they take the slow and steady approach to resolve issues correctly, than rush out 100 fixes that break 50 other things. 

Jayshawn    34

I'm happy with the way it is right now. Daily, weekly and monthly updates are awesome. Makes us feel like we're being cared for, not ignored and left thinking what next.

• Like 1