PappyC4

Gun sounds + Footstep sounds

newb    10

Yes your character screaming so loud when you get shot is so annoying. The later the game goes the more quiet and more sound whoring goes on and you are completely in focus on the game just to get a loud BAM in your ear... it's so loud sometimes and always scares me and I die lol. I wish they made the sound lower when you got shot. I hate it as it is now. I don't need a super loud  ARRGGGH when you get tagged 

normal    0

unfortunately, same thing happened to me: footsteps are absolute quiet, almost nonexistent. gunshots on the other hand are killing my ears as I increase the volume to hear the footsteps. managed to shit myself two times today. forgot to save the vids as I was busy cleaning up... jokes aside I will try to save and upload it next time. 

drivers are updated, 3rd party programs are not used.

Ghorman    45
On 3/31/2017 at 6:54 AM, MugyvrNinjaX said:

I was going to recommend a TR Mix Amp from Astro but with gear like that it wouldn't make to much of a difference best of luck with you trying to figure out what is going on. If they do end up changing I'm sure I can adapt to the change.

I have astro a40 with mixpro and I lost the footsteps after the first patch.  Really giving me a bad taste in my mouth right now.

Korrigan    0

Creative Sound Blaster Z + Sennheiser PC 360. Can't hear when other players open/close doors even when I am right next to it. Can sometimes hear footsteps (especially when they run around inside a building). Other times (mostly outdoors) footsteps (of running players) seem to be completly silent. Plane/Paraglider/Vehicles are too loud.

Dpan    0

yes the footstep sounds seems unreliable and the ratio to gun and other sounds is an annoyance

On 4/3/2017 at 4:27 PM, Ghorman said:

I have astro a40 with mixpro and I lost the footsteps after the first patch.  Really giving me a bad taste in my mouth right now.

that's odd I still hear them, some time's they may be faint but I can still hear them I have my amp set to like 60%

Mansdog    1

This is the only MMO i cant here footsteps, please sort it out, computer sound at 100, game sound at 100, with a $380 headset, lets get realistic, it aint the gear, its the game.

PappyC4    60
25 minutes ago, Mansdog said:

This is the only MMO i cant here footsteps, please sort it out, computer sound at 100, game sound at 100, with a $380 headset, lets get realistic, it aint the gear, its the game.

Min requirements for this game is a $400 headset before taxes.

The current iteration of the game has terrible footstep noises, they're essentially inaudible. I'm constantly getting jumped by people who I should have heard minutes before they jump me. The way it is currently mapped out, the only way to detect people in your range is sight.

Nugo    0

Yea i have been killed more times then i can count from miss-sounds

Mansdog    1
On 07/04/2017 at 1:02 AM, PappyC4 said:

Min requirements for this game is a $400 headset before taxes.

LOL

✪ peλK    2

Minimum requirements are to not own a sound card and if you do, remove it from the mother board.

I head the game will not be optimized for sound card owners until closer to end of beta/pre-order?

Blacky    52

Footsteps, and audio in general, is inconsistent and rather clunky at the moment. I believe they are working on it.