Jump to content
PappyC4

Gun sounds + Footstep sounds

Recommended Posts

PappyC4    60

I'm not normally a "jumpy" player, however in this game I am constantly jumping when someone fires at me.

 

I have to turn my headset up loud to hear footsteps, and I still find people being able to walk up on me. The issue is that I then hear gunfire which is much, much louder and it makes me jump. Sound could use a better balance OR slider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pl3rious    0

after today patch i barely hear footstep

this is first time fps game without footstep. new meta or fail meta?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nomad    676
4 hours ago, PappyC4 said:

I'm not normally a "jumpy" player, however in this game I am constantly jumping when someone fires at me.

 

I have to turn my headset up loud to hear footsteps, and I still find people being able to walk up on me. The issue is that I then hear gunfire which is much, much louder and it makes me jump. Sound could use a better balance OR slider.

I have no problem hearing footsteps myself, even foot steps that are in another building next to me, but a lot of my friends do have problems hearing them that far or even right close by. I wonder if it's to do with the way the sound mixing is and how balanced your headphones are at producing sound. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PappyC4    60

This is the only game I have problems with, I've tried changing headphone settings on my Gen 3 A50s but nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nomad    676

Yeah idk man, I got DT 880 Pros and I hear everything beautifully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
woola    3
Posted (edited)

Not having footsteps while my squad does is rather infuriating.

CAUTION: Bad Language, Rage and Salt

Audio Technica AD700 Headphones

Creative X-Fi Gamer Sound Card

Trying driver reinstall now, if that doesn't solve it going to test Onboard sound.

Edited by woola
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Estryark    1
Posted (edited)

They've been changing footstep how many times now? It got reverted to almost fully silent, again. Didn't hear the guy on the next floor and snuck up on me. I watched my replay 10 times I still hear nothing.

Edited by Estryark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndehX    51

No problems hearing footsteps here.  Using onboard sound and basic 2.1 headphones (AD500's) with no effects enabled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daniel    1
Posted (edited)

I posted the same thing on reddit:

I also have problems hearing people in this game. Players can run up and stand behind me without me noticing anything. I play with 3-4 friends and they don't have the same issue. I watched this clip yesterday and got really surprised how loud his footsteps are. You can even hear people in the house next to him the clip. I can't even hear people downstairs in my house when I'm playing. My friends said that they can hear as good as him in the clip.


I got pretty low volume set in Windows but I don't think that should made any difference. I don't have big issues in other games and other sounds are fine (like shots).

Edited by daniel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please lets not touch the sounds to much next thing you know you won't be able to hear anything in the, I have A40's and hear everything as they should be footsteps are reasonable to pick out, gun shot's make me jump but that is to be expected and plus it's an adrenaline dump there is honestly no issues rite now with how the game sounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bloodspilla    5
7 minutes ago, MugyvrNinjaX said:

Please lets not touch the sounds to much next thing you know you won't be able to hear anything in the, I have A40's and hear everything as they should be footsteps are reasonable to pick out, gun shot's make me jump but that is to be expected and plus it's an adrenaline dump there is honestly no issues rite now with how the game sounds.

Maybe for you there isn't but this has been an issue for myself like a few others have replied here, a good middle ground would be like one of OPs suggestions which would be to have separate sliders for footsteps & bullets, that way It wouldn't ruin it for people that don't have an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bloodspilla said:

Maybe for you there isn't but this has been an issue for myself like a few others have replied here, a good middle ground would be like one of OPs suggestions which would be to have separate sliders for footsteps & bullets, that way It wouldn't ruin it for people that don't have an issue.

what do you use to receive sounds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bloodspilla    5
3 minutes ago, MugyvrNinjaX said:

what do you use to receive sounds?

I have two sets of cans I rotate occasionally but they are Corsair VOID RGB USB variant and I also have some Audio Technica PDG-1s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Bloodspilla said:

I have two sets of cans I rotate occasionally but they are Corsair VOID RGB USB variant and I also have some Audio Technica PDG-1s

I was going to recommend a TR Mix Amp from Astro but with gear like that it wouldn't make to much of a difference best of luck with you trying to figure out what is going on. If they do end up changing I'm sure I can adapt to the change.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
woola    3

Changing to onboard sound made no difference for me.

Still can't hear footsteps of enemies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bloodspilla    5
18 hours ago, MugyvrNinjaX said:

I was going to recommend a TR Mix Amp from Astro but with gear like that it wouldn't make to much of a difference best of luck with you trying to figure out what is going on. If they do end up changing I'm sure I can adapt to the change.

I used to run A40s a few years ago just couldn't stand to buy from Astro again after my first experience it wasn't the best, went through 2 mic attachments in a matter of 3 months (I'm very careful with my equipment and tried to troubleshoot what was going on, just ended up being a massive headache).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndehX    51

Theres nothing wrong with the game sounds.  Any issues you have will be down to your system and how you have your sound hardware set up.  Try disabling any/all effects you might have enabled, and turn your Windows volume up to at least 80%

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aidzo    1

Real problem with footsteps is when it's raining cant help them at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pl3rious    0

3 head set 3 driver

clean install audio driver

resintall pubg

all volume max out include windows

windows updated

still nothing, bunch of you are clueless whats going on to some of us

i lost footsteps sound since 4gb patch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hit_Marka    96

Yep about five minutes ago I got down to 5 th place and got shot almost at point blank range by a dude in the back.  I had been on this Hill/ slope for ages, right in the middle of the final circle almost, moved cautiously down this slope and took out number 7 as he drove up in his buggy.  I was completely aware of my position and surroundings, I knew one guy was about 400 M behind me but he was busy with another dude.  I literally checked a few seconds beforehand,  turned to loot the guy I just killed and BAM a guy was behind me, had come down the side of the steep slope I was holding an Overwatch position on and nailed me bigtime.  NOT A SOUND AT ALL.  Realisticly he should have made SOME sound in the woods grass, he was upright when I turned on him so its not like he crouched/ walked+ crlt walk in super silence mode as we know it can do...he could not have got down the slope behind me so fast.  I was constantly scanning it behind me all the time, this dude pretty much RAN up behind me and I didnt hear him at all. Well play sir, well played.     Grrrrrrrr.  the devs will fix it...hehe im still enjoying it either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same kind of issue, I can barely hear any footsteps at all, completely different from the video ( here )

Hm, I just noticed my sound system was setup as 7.1 in windows, I will try to switch it to stereo and see if it helps.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×