Interrogate

Please provide proof if you claim the game is broken.

Interrogate    266
Posted (edited)

Honestly, there are so many people on the forums talking negatively about hit reg, low/high damage, time to kill to low/high, etc etc etc etc. Unless you have proof of these things happening, I dont believe any of it. I have zero issues killing people, and when I shoot people they die. I think people are missing their shots and just making excuses or blaming the game.

If I see a blood splat... I hit them.

If I shoot them in the helmet.... I hit them and almost kill them.

If I snipe them in the head with level 3 helmet... They dont die unless its a AWM.

If they have level 3 vest/helmet and I shoot them like 4-5 times... They can still live. Its absorbs a lot of damage.

If I land a shotgun blast nicely center of mass close range... They die.

If I shoot someone 400+ meters with a suppressed M16... You arent getting shot from a cheater or invisible players.

The gunplay in this game is pretty damn good. Does need some balancing (and they need to implement that bullet drag system), but in general it doesnt have many issues.

Remember a few things: Players can literally play on any server or region from anywhere around the world. I could go play on asia servers and lag all over the place and people probably wouldnt be able to hit me. There is lots of lag currently (obviously) so players may be teleporting or desynced.

Please if you guys post something claiming the game is broken or not working correctly. Show us a video or some proof that its not, otherwise to me it just sounds like excuses for poor aim, hearing, vision, etc. Sorry just lots of threads that don't make sense.

EDIT: Except the SKS, I think the gun is buggy and doesnt shoot properly with a scope if you try shooting too fast.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlushingGrossPigSpicyBoy

See thats how you should post something ^^

Edited by Interrogate
  • Like 18

Posted (edited)

Fully agree with this post. Seen many reports recently about people saying people won't die when they they shot them 6, 7, 8 times and I just have a hard time believing it. There was a post recently where a guy said the acog sucks and his shots weren't registering when using it but he posted a video along with his claim. I slowed the video down and it was clear out of the 15 or so shots he took, he only actually hit 1 shot. The rest of them were clear misses.

Edited by Harry_Whodini
  • Like 2

Dir7yPaws    32

Reminder to myself to cut up a gameplay video and post it here as an example later*

Fully agree. 97% of the time I feel like it is player error for getting sent back the the deploy screen.

• Like 2

Nomad    676

Couldn't agree more, the only time I have issues killing anyone is when the server is rubber banding and then both of us are just missing like crazy, lol. 
I would also say all the people claiming everyone is hacking, now I am NOT saying this game is hacker free, because that would be crazy, as I have had 2 rounds in the 67 hours I've logged in so far where when I died my death was very questionable, but couldn't pin it on hacking since I didn't have enough information to prove that it was. But besides that I have not seen any real issues with hit reg, time to kill or hackers.  

• Like 1

MrShadowGUN    18

My only problem is lag(on which developer working on)  nothing else and i can wait for patches and updates and i bought this game due to trust on developers and want to support them.I am giving developers 6 months to make well optimize and playable on low end pc. If they made it crap i will simply leave this game and give a bad review on steam (After 6 Month).  Everyone should BUY EA games in which you want to support developers or become a game tester. Most of time i support first than think about testing. Two days ago the lag was so ****** up that i cant even move. Then i left a game for few hours and started playing  which was going normal again.Playing on Medium settings.

People should better figure out bugs and report to them. More common bugs will be remove ASAP. You should listen yesterday twitch of Player Unknown where he reply to some questions and share future plan.

MrShadowGUN    18
1 minute ago, Nomad said:

Couldn't agree more, the only time I have issues killing anyone is when the server is rubber banding and then both of us are just missing like crazy, lol. 
I would also say all the people claiming everyone is hacking, now I am NOT saying this game is hacker free, because that would be crazy, as I have had 2 rounds in the 67 hours I've logged in so far where when I died my death was very questionable, but couldn't pin it on hacking since I didn't have enough information to prove that it was. But besides that I have not seen any real issues with hit reg, time to kill or hackers.  

Thats happening to hackers.

Yes for proves,soon there will be death cam for SOLO. Which will help us out to figure that hacker. In future they can let us download gameplay as we can do in compitetive csgo matches.

• Like 2

Nomad    676
1 minute ago, MrShadowGUN said:

Thats happening to hackers.

Yes for proves,soon there will be death cam for SOLO. Which will help us out to figure that hacker. In future they can let us download gameplay as we can do in compitetive csgo matches.

Oh I know they are getting banned lol

LAITS    1

not really had any problems with hitreg or bullet damage or anything like that, but this is something that happened to me the other day:

the guy tanks 4 bullets

no helmet

1st shot and possibly 2nd shot look like headshots to me

then he downs me with 3 shots with an m16 i believe, whilst i have a lvl 1 helmet

checked his body later, he had a lvl1 vest which took 50% dmg

still baffled on how he didnt die

• Like 1

V1k1n6    41
1 hour ago, Interrogate said:

Honestly, there are so many people on the forums talking negatively about hit reg, low/high damage, time to kill to low/high, etc etc etc etc. Unless you have proof of these things happening, I dont believe any of it. I have zero issues killing people, and when I shoot people they die. I think people are missing their shots and just making excuses or blaming the game.

EDIT: Except the SKS, I think the gun is buggy and doesnt shoot properly with a scope if you try shooting too fast.

So if others say the game is broken they're whiners but if you believe the SKS is broken then it is broken.

GG OP ... you're not a troll.

Interrogate    266
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, V1k1n6 said:

So if others say the game is broken they're whiners but if you believe the SKS is broken then it is broken.

GG OP ... you're not a troll.

I posted video PROOF that looks very sketchy. I was giving an example on how to submit a thread about possible bugs or balance.

Edited by Interrogate
  • Like 3

V1k1n6    41
8 minutes ago, LAITS said:

not really had any problems with hitreg or bullet damage or anything like that, but this is something that happened to me the other day:

the guy tanks 4 bullets

no helmet

1st shot and possibly 2nd shot look like headshots to me

then he downs me with 3 shots with an m16 i believe, whilst i have a lvl 1 helmet

checked his body later, he had a lvl1 vest which took 50% dmg

still baffled on how he didnt die

I agree with you. 4 Shots he should have died FULL STOP. There is no vest lvl 1019282939 that should save you. In particular if he downs you with 3 shots.

Now the mighty OP will say you are a whiner and that is not proof and you missed and so on bcause he can claim the SKS is broken but he's not a whiner but if you say it then you're just a noob.

This game has some hit reg and damage issues. Sometimes I down someone like that in 3 shots and he hits me 3-4 times without killing me and sometimes it's the opposite. But we must be all noobs except from the OP.

• Like 1

V1k1n6    41
1 minute ago, Interrogate said:

I posted video PROOF that looks very sketchy. I was giving an example on how to submit a thread about possible bugs or balance.

You told everyone else that they're noobs. That's NOT a way to start a topic.

Also not everyone can record or stream EVERY SINGLE GAME! I wonder what will you say to the guy who just posted the 4 hits - no kill video.

V1k1n6    41
5 minutes ago, Interrogate said:

Also I see hit textures on the tree exactly where you're shooting so you just might be hitting the tree or missing (but you can't miss man, you're super pro!).

I mean... why am I talking to someone who wears a hat inside a house?

Interrogate    266
1 minute ago, V1k1n6 said:

Also I see hit textures on the tree exactly where you're shooting so you just might be hitting the tree or missing (but you can't miss man, you're super pro!).

I mean... why am I talking to someone who wears a hat inside a house?

? Thats not me. . . . . Thats Summit1G I guess you don't know him. . . . You seem to not understand the point of the thread. I was asking people to post video evidence of things they are claiming to be wrong in game.

There are threads, and I quote directly from someone :

I hate how gear matters so much (shot a guy 10 times with an akm today after he landed next to me and looted a lvl 2 vest , he downed me in two shots to a lvl 1 Moro helmet)

That are false and are just spreading wrong information.

Yes, you are right, hes hitting the tree. I just noticed that. That even further backs up my statement that having video proof can help answer questions that players may think are bugs or bad game design, but are actually something completely different.

Anyways I'm not arguing anything, I'm just asking to provide more information then simply saying "game is broken shot a guy 12 times and he lived"

• Like 4

NedHC    43

@V1k1n6 Interrogate never called anyone noobs, he put a valid point across that the forums are full of "THIS GAME IS BROKEN, FIX IT NOW. I ALWAYS DIEEE" with no proof of WHY it is broken. The game is in EA, anyone who has bought the game is a TESTER, therefore they should be providing feedback and supporting the Devs. Now stop arguing and slagging off the OP, he's done more for this community than most people.

• Like 5

PandahSykes    76
Posted (edited)

Hit registering is due to desync and lag , which we know there's plenty of so please don't be white knights and defend that ! Damage values of guns and armor mitigation is completely up to opinion , and in my opinion the mitigation of higher tier gear is far too high , making the game more arcadey than it needs to be . That's just me though , I believe this game needs more realism due to its hardcore squad gameplay feel but i guess I'm in a small boat that appreciates realism over the need to hunt for specific tiers in order to survive a proper opponent with good aim .

we all have had our wins and losses , these complaints don't solely stem from losses but wins also . I've been shot multiple times by assault rifles only to come in close with a 1911 or double barrel and absolutely waste the guy in all tier 1 armor with just one to a couple shot(s), I played it poorly but won due to higher tier armor  . I want balance , I don't want my play style  to become overpowered , but it seems that others don't care for the overall balance but rather want to stay with the game they know already and I get that - it's a great game but it needs improvements to damage values for certain weapons (I.e revolver , it's damage is far too low when a punch does more damage and is faster + doesn't need to be looted) and Damage mitigation for higher tier gear .

A little realism can go a long way , I want people to be punished for having poor positioning but it doesn't happen like that in this game most of the time due to high tier armor and some weapons being so much worse than others against higher tier armor (especially chest hits IMO).

Again , our opinions are  no less valid than your leet streamer - get all the kills opinions , sure theres those people that cry hacker every death but I assure you most of the complaints about this early access game (note the key words early access) are valid due to balance concerns. We know about balance just like those that claim they never die ^ , only difference here is we are a little less biased , which in turn gives a better and more natural balance .

i like the game how it is now , I just think it can be improved as it leans more toward and arcade third person shooter with elements of RPG (gear has levels , farming becomes a thing instead of personal preference , as does tanking bullets if you have all tier 3 gear for your buddies that have lower tiers) rather than the realistic squad based action third person game I saw it as on day one . If it remained how it is now I would still play the game but my idea of what genre the game is would definitely change , and that can create a whole different play style in which (IMO) is cheesy feeling .

Edited by PandahSykes
  • Like 2

V1k1n6    41
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, NedHC said:

@V1k1n6 Interrogate never called anyone noobs, he put a valid point across that the forums are full of "THIS GAME IS BROKEN, FIX IT NOW. I ALWAYS DIEEE" with no proof of WHY it is broken. The game is in EA, anyone who has bought the game is a TESTER, therefore they should be providing feedback and supporting the Devs. Now stop arguing and slagging off the OP, he's done more for this community than most people.

" I think people are missing their shots and just making excuses or blaming the game. "

This is definitely the way to start a topic. Say that ANYONE who says the game is broken (we are TESTERS, right?) is just bad at shooting and blame the game.

To me it's insulting and shows that OP thinks everyone else is a retard that misses all the time.

Edited by V1k1n6
Grammar error
  • Like 1

V1k1n6    41
3 minutes ago, PandahSykes said:

Hit registering is due to desync and lag , which we know there's plenty of so please don't be white knights and defend that ! Damage values of guns and armor mitigation is completely up to opinion , and in my opinion the mitigation of higher tier gear is far too high , making the game more arcadey than it needs to be . That's just me though , I believe this game needs more realism due to its hardcore squad gameplay feel but i guess I'm in a small boat that appreciates realism over the need to hunt for specific tiers in order to survive a proper opponent with good aim .

A little realism can go a long way , I want people to be punished for having poor positioning but it doesn't happen like that in this game most of the time due to high tier armor and some weapons being so much worse than others against higher tier armor (especially chest hits IMO).

Again , our opinions are  no less valid than your leet streamer - get all the kills opinions , sure theres those people that cry hacker every death but I assure you most of the complaints about this early access game (note the key words early access) are valid due to balance concerns. We know about balance just like those that claim they never die ^ , only difference here is we are a little less biased , which in turn gives a better and more natural balance .

I've seen a video of this guy with a 4X shooting right at an enemy around 10 bullets (a little panic firing) with 5 of them being RIGHT ON TARGET and only got 1 blood splash, then he switched to pump action at 30m (100ft) and got solid hits in 3rd person. This is not realistic.

You know what people commented? You suck! You shouldn't fire like this! You shouldn't strafe! You twitch your wrist when you shoot so the shot doesn't land there! You (this is my favorite) put a bullet under his armpit!

In the last two circles anything can happen so positioning is kinda screwed up. I don't personally like that but I understand that's a game mechanic and it's meant to be like that. But when I have the drop on someone below me, that didn't see me, or that has to come up a flight of stairs... he needs to die 9 out of 10. Instead he dies only maybe 5 out of 10. The other 5 times: 2 times he gets 3-4 shots but he reaches cover and heals (it's kinda still ok), 2 times he turns around and headshots me or shoots me so hard I have to go back to cover, 1 time he just keeps running like I didn't hit him once (guys I might have bad aim but when I see blood I think that I hit the target).

Obviously our opinions are not as good as Interrogate's since he's accusing everyone of whining.

• Like 1

Merrill35    23
6 hours ago, V1k1n6 said:

I've seen a video of this guy with a 4X shooting right at an enemy around 10 bullets (a little panic firing) with 5 of them being RIGHT ON TARGET and only got 1 blood splash, then he switched to pump action at 30m (100ft) and got solid hits in 3rd person. This is not realistic.

You know what people commented? You suck! You shouldn't fire like this! You shouldn't strafe! You twitch your wrist when you shoot so the shot doesn't land there! You (this is my favorite) put a bullet under his armpit!

In the last two circles anything can happen so positioning is kinda screwed up. I don't personally like that but I understand that's a game mechanic and it's meant to be like that. But when I have the drop on someone below me, that didn't see me, or that has to come up a flight of stairs... he needs to die 9 out of 10. Instead he dies only maybe 5 out of 10. The other 5 times: 2 times he gets 3-4 shots but he reaches cover and heals (it's kinda still ok), 2 times he turns around and headshots me or shoots me so hard I have to go back to cover, 1 time he just keeps running like I didn't hit him once (guys I might have bad aim but when I see blood I think that I hit the target).

Obviously our opinions are not as good as Interrogate's since he's accusing everyone of whining.

If you slow his video down you can clearly see him missing those shots. Im sorry that you cant see the facts. Plus a shotgun with a choke has a decent amount of range, its not broken. Again show me VIDEO proof that proves the games errors and ill believe it. But again im with OP on this one. 

Chibbs    110

Couldn't agree more with what @Interrogate stated.

@V1k1n6 where does your hate come from? As you can see here are plenty of people who don't have any problems hitting their enemies and know when they missed. And to be honest after a while all those whiny posts become really annoying.

If anyone has any issues it's completely fine if they want to talk about them but asking for a video proof when someone states that he "hits 10 times but doesn't kill" then he is a 100% right. Because in this game you definitely can not hit someone that often with an AR without the enemy dying, no matter what armor you wear.

Now most of all just stop being as hateful. Most of us are really helpful people in this forum who explain a lot and try to solve other people's problems. On top of that we have a lot of patience towards all those "mimimi"topics so I guess we can ask those people to at least proof their statements.

And please don't say "not everyone can record", if your rig is able to play PUBG comfortably you can easily run something like shadow play to record at least the last 5 minutes of gameplay when needed!

• Like 2

PappyC4    60
Posted (edited)

I'm just going to be straight forward here. There are many people who are...ignorant..that might be the nicest way to put it.

Not only do they not understand the game mechanics, they don't think for 5 seconds of how their idea could effect anyone else other than themselves.

People are consistently whining about ridiculous things, simply because they died or they are not winning every single one of their matches. Lots of finger pointing.

On the contrary, I do find some people offering some great feedback!

Edited by PappyC4
  • Like 2

prax85    45
Posted (edited)

@OP

Man, I wish I was psychic and would've known in advance to record what happened.

Just as an example (because "hit-detection problems are a lie!"):

Being in the bunker (the big one), looted a doublebarrel, got no armor and no helmet. Guy comes around the corner, sporting a pump, blasts me with it, I go up like a bloodfountain (Clearly being rendered on my end! I was definitely 100% hit by alot of pellets!), I blast him and kill him, I'm looking at my healthbar and to my surprise... 100% health, not a single scratch.

But yeah, game is fine because OP says so. We are all making this stuff up because we are negative haters and need to git gud.

BUT! I can't say he is wrong either. Many of the complaints and reported issues are... not helping.

Edited by prax85

Interrogate    266
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, prax85 said:

@OP

Man, I wish I was psychic and would've known in advance to record what happened.

Just as an example (because "hit-detection problems are a lie!"):

Being in the bunker (the big one), looted a doublebarrel, got no armor and no helmet. Guy comes around the corner, sporting a pump, blasts me with it, I go up like a bloodfountain (Clearly being rendered on my end! I was definitely 100% hit by alot of pellets!), I blast him and kill him, I'm looking at my healthbar and to my surprise... 100% health, not a single scratch.

But yeah, game is fine because OP says so. We are all making this stuff up because we are negative haters and need to git gud.

BUT! I can't say he is wrong either. Many of the complaints and reported issues are... not helping.

Did you both shoot at the same time?

There is a anti trade kill mechanic now. If you or he was lagging, and shot at similar times, you probably killed him first. The game registers the blood/hit sound, but the damage doesn't go through. Its to stop double kills from happening and both players dying. In alpha this was a huge problem where most close range engagements would result in both players dying.

Unfortunately you didn't have it recorded or we could see if it was a bug that needs to be fixed or if it was a anti trade kill mechanic.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/126510705

7 seconds in the video. Was it something like that? If this was alpha and I had lets say a level 1 helmet, I would have probably died as well on that sniper shot.

Edited by Interrogate
  • Like 1

prax85    45
Posted (edited)

No, he shot first. Took me a whole second to blast him. And I'm absolutely aware and convinced that it was due to lag. But it's a bad sign when the hit was confirmed on my end too but didn't seem to get recognized.

Like I said, I personally think all this is due to lag/de-sync. It makes the hit detection iffy, dice rollish. Dem ArmA flashbacks...

Edited by prax85

Interrogate    266
2 minutes ago, prax85 said:

No, he shot first. And I'm absolutely aware and convinced that it was due to lag. But it's a bad sign when the hit was confirmed on my end too but didn't seem to get recognized.

Like I said, I personally think all this is due to lag/de-sync. It makes the hit detection iffy, dice rollish. Dem ArmA flashbacks...

Ya there is insane lag sometimes, you may not even be in the spot that you think you are. Ive had a situation where I killed a guy that wasnt even on my screen because the server "disconnected lag" running in place for 15-30 secs, i saw him, shot, server rubber banded back, and he died off my screen. Pretty bad.

Once all the lag, desync, and FPS issues are solved, I'm sure there will be a ton less complaints about wonky kills and hit reg.

• Like 1