Maced

It's Getting Ridiculous.

Maced    35

There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON that we still have shit tier servers. It has now been 3 weeks since EA release and WE STILL have problems. Constant rubberbanding/bullets not hitting/bullets hitting thru trees,rocks,walls. There is no more time for excuses or "give them more time". Fix your shit or people will start leaving. 

• Like 6

Gap Diggity    1

Lol, you've obviously never played an early access game. You've also got this pinned post in this section which explains what it means for Battlegrounds.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maced said:

There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON that we still have shit tier servers. It has now been 3 weeks since EA release and WE STILL have problems. Constant rubberbanding/bullets not hitting/bullets hitting thru trees,rocks,walls. There is no more time for excuses or "give them more time". Fix your shit or people will start leaving. 

I maybe experience it 1-2 times a night in a period of 5 hours. Plus its an EA title. You already know what you're getting yourself into

• Like 4

Chibbs    110
11 minutes ago, Maced said:

The only thing getting ridiculous is the amount of people who get themselves into an early access to then constantly cry for optimization. As you might know the devs "admitted" that there currently are problems which is a normal thing for an early access. They also stated that optimization is their highest priority but that it's not as easy as you might think to "fix the servers" since it isn't simply about "buying more of them". On top of that you might also have seen that several people before you made the exact same unnecessary complaints and were answered the same. IT WON'T HELP, THEY DO THEIR BEST.

Do not take this as a personal offense. All we ask for is some patience and trust into the devs. I mean come on, even though some of us have some problems from time to time (I experienced some lag and rubberbanding issues in a lot of my recent games too) it isn't the end of the world. Do something else. Summer is coming again, go out and enjoy the sun a bit and have a look into it in a couple days to a few weeks when it gets better for you. This game will become great, just give it a bit of time.

Cheers

• Like 10

Maced    35

Tf does EA have to do with buying top tier servers? Any of you actually list a reason besides "spewing it's EA" i'll read it. If not, don't waste your time posting.

HuskyBowner    2

Early access is no excuse for Ubisoft-tier servers. Why do people defend it with that excuse? You're not holding anyone accountable by saying, "Bro it's early access, that's what you signed up for"

Its bullshit and you're a pussy if you use that excuse. Grow a pair and hold them accountable for their actions. It's a great game, when it works properly.

• Like 1

HuskyBowner    2
6 minutes ago, kadenmiddleton said:

First of all EA has everything to do with not "buying" top tier servers. They haven't made all that much money yet due to the 30dollar price tag and no dlc or other items to buy. The money they have made will go to more important things. although i agree having good servers is important, I along with most of the community experience smooth gameplay with a couple blips per game, which is to be expected because it isnt optimized. 

There aren't a couple of blips when almost every match is laggy and I have to play in SA servers to get less lag. 

Thats a pretty big issue. 

Toastyuterus    27

but its onbly been one week since EA release.... and the servers are better than ever, the alpha/beta.....THOSE were some dodgy servers. 

Hawkinz    758
1 hour ago, Maced said:

It has now been 3 weeks since EA release

3hTIlnX.png 

• Like 6

Hit_Marka    96

its been like 12 days, I was playing on the Oceania servers this morning and the experience was great.  Never suffered one bit of lag or banding dsycning at all, it was great.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed they've done something to the netvode because it was fine for the hour or so I played.  Whatever occurred server wise, the gameplay was drastically better than the night before.

Volccis    22

Well, its this generation who hasnt lived before 2000 year. That generation is impatience and wants everything immediately. This game's developers really seem to be difference from many other developers as they actually communicate with customers. Also they are focusing on right things at the moment. It takes time, let them give it and see can they succeed. But we all knew what we will get when we bought the game, its just these people like the game so much but occasional lag is just too much for those weak minds.

• Like 1

Avenger    36
1 hour ago, Maced said:

If "people will start leaving" includes yourself.. I think I'd be OK with that. Your post isn't helpful at all and sounds very reminiscent of the attitude some assholes have towards H1. Please go be toxic elsewhere.

• Like 3

RDC    2

I'm a noob to cp gaming and I was fully aware that there were going to be issues. There were plenty of warnings that this is not a complete game and to expect issues.

Chibbs    110
4 hours ago, Maced said:

Tf does EA have to do with buying top tier servers? Any of you actually list a reason besides "spewing it's EA" i'll read it. If not, don't waste your time posting.

Maybe you should've read my post. The devs stated (and maybe you should have simply read what they said) that it's not just about to "buy more servers" but to tweak things to make them run smoother, which they are all about atm. It sounds like you also don't realize why we all talk to you. We try to calm you down and give you a better feeling about this situation since, as I also stated, you ain't going to die from waiting a couple days/weeks til fix.

We all could simply ignore you little butt hurt kid and let your whiny thread unanswered, but no, we still try to calm you and the only thing you do is to keep on whining. Grow the f*** up and don't act this childish man, you seriously just embarrass yourself!

Chibbs    110
3 hours ago, Volccis said:

Well, its this generation who hasnt lived before 2000 year. That generation is impatience and wants everything immediately.

Couldn't help but think of this immediately... Pretty much sums it up. :D

• Like 1

MvdH    22

"So, in other news.....people are complaining water is wet.""

• Like 1

JarzaK    3
5 hours ago, Maced said:

Yeah, servers are crappy and this is starting to be a bit ridiculous but did you ever played h1z1 between sep - dec last year? If yes then stop crying, bcuz you have no idea son about shit servers :D

hitem    133

So, what is this i hear about "top teir servers" ?
Please read up on what server infrastructure is and what amazons cluster is all about: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Elastic_Compute_Cloud

TL:DR: Its one of the leading computerclusters in the world. There are only 3-4 supercomputers and 1 cluster that has more computingpower then this cluster that is known and only 1 of them are for public (azure).

So this statement "top teir" is just making you look like a fool who havent done his homework

Nomad    676

What's insane is the fact that people are complaining so much over the fact there is rubber banding and other issues in the servers from time to time. Have obviously never made a game, or worked with such a large scale network. 
Not to mention the fact that no matter how big your budget is if you have lots of people playing on something you will have issues until everything get sorted. 

Examples, BF3 and most especially BF4, the netcode for those games were horrible, took them multiple patches and tweaks to get the game fixed. 

Any Ubisoft title ever.  

Valve with CSGO, they have legit low end 32 and 64 tick rate servers, which given the player base size of that game is pathetic, only way to join good servers is either via the community servers or by joining ESEA or ESL or other payed services to access 128 tick rates. 

But let's look at the competition for the BR state. We have H1Z1 where even thou that game has been out for a long time, and made by a studio that has been doing MMO based games since 2003 (Planetside 1, Planetside 2, EQ1 and EQ2, etc...) that game still has some network issues from time to time. Even PS2 has those issues still from time to time.  

PU and Bluehole are aware of the problems and are doing their best to get the servers working properly, given the sudden amount of people playing this game the servers are holding up considerably well and they could be a lot worse. So instead of making another useless post b*tching about the issues, how about taking screenshots of the servers you get lag on, and send it to the appropriate thread to help the devs narrow down the problems, instead of making one of the now numerous whine that needs cheese posts. 

• Like 2

hitem    133
Posted (edited)

@nomad hold your horse!
They did not have any fingers in EQ or EQ2 - I have logged over 1690 days in EQ1 and i havent seen them anywhere close to this title. Not even when i read up on it now :).
But anyhow, maybe you think about Tera and Eve. Nevertheless they have huge experience in serverhosting for larger crowds that exceeds the playerbase in PUBG by tons.

Edited by hitem
  • Like 1

Nomad    676
5 minutes ago, hitem said:

@nomad hold your horse!
They did not have any fingers in EQ or EQ2 - I have logged over 1690 days in EQ1 and i havent seen them anywhere close to this title. Not even when i read up on it now :).
But anyhow, maybe you think about Tera and Eve. Nevertheless they have huge experience in serverhosting for larger crowds that exceeds the playerbase in PUBG by tons.

I was referring to the fact the devs of H1Z1 are in fact part of the original team who worked on EQ1 and EQ2, I have never played them so I don;t know if there was or ever was bad servers. I was stating that even with their impressive MMO background, servers can STILL always have issues :) 

• Like 1

hitem    133

Ah h1z1. i thought you ment that PUBG team was behind EQ-EQ2 (Which is incorrect). I dunno about the h1z1 team thought :P.
But EQ (Sony entertainment - Verant at first) was doing great and their servers worked perfectly - they had 400.000 players active at peak cross all realms.

Nomad    676
Just now, hitem said:

Ah h1z1. i thought you ment that PUBG team was behind EQ-EQ2 (Which is incorrect). I dunno about the h1z1 team thought :P.
But EQ (Sony entertainment - Verant at first) was doing great and their servers worked perfectly - they had 400.000 players active at peak cross all realms.

It's all good man. My apologies for mixing up the wording there. But exactly my point thou :) EQ had massive pop, and so did EQ2 from what I was told, and from my experience PS1 and PS2 had massive pops as well. But from my experience PS2 and H1Z1 still have issues from time to time. It's probably due to games as they advance so do their bugs and issues, offline or online haha.  

hitem    133
2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

It's all good man. My apologies for mixing up the wording there. But exactly my point thou :) EQ had massive pop, and so did EQ2 from what I was told, and from my experience PS1 and PS2 had massive pops as well. But from my experience PS2 and H1Z1 still have issues from time to time. It's probably due to games as they advance so do their bugs and issues, offline or online haha.  

No worries mister, honest mistakes!

And indeed, games like h1z1, Pubg, teamfortress or whatever that uses lag-compensation together with data being preferable if it register instant and displayed asap will always have issues until the software is optimized. Im pretty sure we will always see some performance issues in games like these during primetimes if the numbers of active players are as high as they are now. No amount of hardware in the world could solve it unless you play alone on 1 server.

• Like 1