Johnny Honeybee

How To Setup and Install Re-Shaders (Make your game look awesome!)

Posted (edited)
Guide
Follow these simple steps.

1. Download ReShade 3.0 from their website ( Just Google "Re-Shaders" )

2. Run the installer and when it says select game, choose ..\Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64\TslGame.exe. Once you have selected the .exe remember to check the DirectX10+ option.

3. When it asks you to install the shaders, click Yes then select only Adaptive Sharpen, Clarity and HDR. I'm sure you can download others if you wish to but I haven't tried it so I can't recommend any. I have also began using Colorfulness (makes colors more vibrant.) 

4. Once the install is complete you start up the game by running the same execute you selected earlier(TslGame.exe). This is a one time deal only so later on you can just start it up from Steam like you normally do. This step isn't always necessary. It depends on the game.

5. Once the game starts up you should see a box appear in the top left corner saying "bla bla Reshade 3.0". That means that it worked.

6. Once you're either in the main menu or ingame you press Shift+F2 to get the ReShade menu to open. When that's done you just follow the easy tutorial which shouldn't take more than a few seconds.

7. When the tutorial is complete you can mess around with the settings, select which shaders work best for you, or just delete it if you're unhappy with the final result. The only change I made was to turn ClarityStrenght down to 0.1

Screenshots

If you have any questions feel free to post them here!
Edited by Johnny Honeybee
  • Like 2

Thanks for the guide. May or may not use these. Seems from a competitive stand point that the re-shader will make shadows a bit more dark. While more realistic imo, may be harder to see people.

Iwasawa    14

I will never understand theese, the game looked 10 times better before.

PandahSykes    76
1 minute ago, Iwasawa said:

I will never understand theese, the game looked 10 times better before.

Tbh I couldn't even See a difference, aside from some extra color saturation ... 

Iwasawa    14
Just now, PandahSykes said:

Tbh I couldn't even See a difference, aside from some extra color saturation ... 

Exactly. I actually think many people's monitors are simply not good enough to show proper colors, so they need theese mods to make the game more colorful. I have a color calibrated ASUS monitor and on this, the colors are cancer to my eye. Way to oversaturated.

Iwasawa    14
Just now, Iwasawa said:

Exactly. I actually think many people's monitors are simply not good enough to show proper colors, so they need theese mods to make the game more colorful. I have a color calibrated ASUS monitor and on this, the colors are cancer to my eye. Way to oversaturated.

Or they should simply increase the saturation on their monitor..

shiny    8

I use vibranceGUI for the same effect. The beta works for both AMD and Nvidia cards. It gives you more or less the same result as adjusting your monitor saturation OR the digital vibrance on the GPU, but only ingame.

12 hours ago, Allomaternal said:

Thanks for the guide. May or may not use these. Seems from a competitive stand point that the re-shader will make shadows a bit more dark. While more realistic imo, may be harder to see people.

I started to no longer use the HDR because I feel it makes it a bit darker too.

12 hours ago, Iwasawa said:

Or they should simply increase the saturation on their monitor..

This is what I prefer because it does not require you to edit monitor settings instead only edits the game you wants settings. 

Optional    60

I'm using this for the sharpening filter, because for some reason, they decided this game should be blurry and muddy AF.

3 hours ago, Optional said:

I'm using this for the sharpening filter, because for some reason, they decided this game should be blurry and muddy AF.

Yeah the Sharpen feature is great for sure, I mostly only use the "Colorfulness" and the "Sharpening" Re-Shaders.

poach    5
12 hours ago, shiny said:

I use vibranceGUI for the same effect. The beta works for both AMD and Nvidia cards. It gives you more or less the same result as adjusting your monitor saturation OR the digital vibrance on the GPU, but only ingame.

Thought that only works on CS:GO though? Is there a way to make it only run when you launch BG?

• Like 1

Just now, poach said:

Thought that only works on CS:GO though? Is there a way to make it only run when you launch BG?

Re-Shaders will only launch with the game you select while setting them up, if that's what you mean?

poach    5
Just now, Johnny Honeybee said:

Re-Shaders will only launch with the game you select while setting them up, if that's what you mean?

I was talking about another program that I already use. Thanks though, trying ReShade now, is there much FPS drop?

Just now, poach said:

I was talking about another program that I already use. Thanks though, trying ReShade now, is there much FPS drop?

Me and my buddies who use them, none of us have experienced any FPS drop once we added Re-Shaders. 

Even my buddy on a shit PC has noticed no FPS drop with them installed. 

Scarr    15

ReShade is great for single player games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim.  The added details it brings to competitive games like this one actually make you more likely to get killed.  The shadows work better for your enemies to hide in.

6 minutes ago, Scarr said:

ReShade is great for single player games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim.  The added details it brings to competitive games like this one actually make you more likely to get killed.  The shadows work better for your enemies to hide in.

Shadows are only affected with HDR enabled to have no issue with shadows simply, disable HDR ;)

poach    5

So i'm just going to use it for colorfulness, should I also turn on Vibrance? Does that relate to digital vibrance?

poach    5
38 minutes ago, poach said:

So i'm just going to use it for colorfulness, should I also turn on Vibrance? Does that relate to digital vibrance?

I also just tried it out, I only have colorfulness on and i'm not seeing a difference am I doing something wrong? @Johnny Honeybee

CRE4MPIE    56
On 4/5/2017 at 3:29 AM, Johnny Honeybee said:
Guide
Follow these simple steps.

1. Download ReShade 3.0 from their website ( Just Google "Re-Shaders" )

2. Run the installer and when it says select game, choose ..\Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64\TslGame.exe. Once you have selected the .exe remember to check the DirectX10+ option.

3. When it asks you to install the shaders, click Yes then select only Adaptive Sharpen, Clarity and HDR. I'm sure you can download others if you wish to but I haven't tried it so I can't recommend any. I have also began using Colorfulness (makes colors more vibrant.) 

4. Once the install is complete you start up the game by running the same execute you selected earlier(TslGame.exe). This is a one time deal only so later on you can just start it up from Steam like you normally do. This step isn't always necessary. It depends on the game.

5. Once the game starts up you should see a box appear in the top left corner saying "bla bla Reshade 3.0". That means that it worked.

6. Once you're either in the main menu or ingame you press Shift+F2 to get the ReShade menu to open. When that's done you just follow the easy tutorial which shouldn't take more than a few seconds.

7. When the tutorial is complete you can mess around with the settings, select which shaders work best for you, or just delete it if you're unhappy with the final result. The only change I made was to turn ClarityStrenght down to 0.1

Screenshots

If you have any questions feel free to post them here!

shiny    8
10 hours ago, poach said:

Yes it works with ANY game, if you download the beta.

Here's the link for it:

Works with any game and amd/nvidia gpu's.

No FPS loss.