ChubbyWillis

LOST CONNECTION TO HOST

377 posts in this topic

On 14.5.2017 at 0:39 PM, lasiecz said:

Bug Description:

After clicking on "PLAY" the game won't start. Music is playing, 3 dots in the bottom right conrer are running but after a while the "Connection timeout - 2.2.33." pops out and I am back in the menu. 

Date Seen:
3 day ago when I bought the game

Troubleshooting Attempted:
Tried to restart the game, and Steam, update GPU drivers, verify game, all the fix described on this forum (all of them), CCleaner, ADWcleaner, Firewall off, defender off, reinstalling the game

Other Information:
Stable connection, not a single problem with other games (League of Legends, RainbowSix)

Launch Options:
No particular changes, vanilla.

System Specifications:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series 8GB
RAM 16 GB
Windows 10, 64-bit

Anybody another idea what to do? Like I payed 30€ for this and it is awesome games but not when you have to use CyberGhost and VPN to play it (not even playable, sooo high ping and sooo many lags)

Same bug since 2month and no fix until yet 

1 person likes this

Okay, actually, now that basically I am blocking absolutely nothing, it works :D

But also, it would be helpful to see that exactly why is it failing.... I am sure that a lot of people could sort this out for themselves if the error message would be more specific...

15 hours ago, DevOpsGuy said:

Okay, actually, now that basically I am blocking absolutely nothing, it works :D

But also, it would be helpful to see that exactly why is it failing.... I am sure that a lot of people could sort this out for themselves if the error message would be more specific...

Jealous. I just tried connecting to a game on the test server, which has the new weekly patch, and the issue still persists. Crossing my fingers for the monthly patch later this week. -_-

8 minutes ago, chadlol said:

Jealous. I just tried connecting to a game on the test server, which has the new weekly patch, and the issue still persists. Crossing my fingers for the monthly patch later this week. -_-

Check if your HOSTS file is modified. Some Anti-thisandthat programs add ip's there to make name resolution not work properly. You would experience connection issues, if it contains some of the amazon/cloudfront server ip's that the game uses. Also router/modem is a common cause for something like this.

1 person likes this

Just now, Aiiiiiiiii said:

Check if your HOSTS file is modified. Some Anti-thisandthat programs add ip's there to make name resolution not work properly. You would experience connection issues, if it contains some of the amazon/cloudfront server ip's that the game uses. Also router/modem is a common cause for something like this.

I checked it. It only has the default example text. I've tried on two different routers, from two independent connections(neighbors wifi), from two different PC's. The two connections are from the same ISP though. So, I'm assuming PUBG is using connections that my ISP doesn't like. Strangely though, I have been able to get in games on rare occasions(maybe 1/25).

Using a VPN did solve the issue but the lag made it unplayable.

And since that rules out my PC being the issue, the last resort is to connect directly into my modem and completely rule out the router being the problem. But I'm a little hesitant to do that for security. If that doesn't work, I suppose it's just a waiting game from there.

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, chadlol said:

I checked it. It only has the default example text. I've tried on two different routers, from two independent connections(neighbors wifi), from two different PC's. The two connections are from the same ISP though. So, I'm assuming PUBG is using connections that my ISP doesn't like. Strangely though, I have been able to get in games on rare occasions(maybe 1/25).

Using a VPN did solve the issue but the lag made it unplayable.

And since that rules out my PC being the issue, the last resort is to connect directly into my modem and completely rule out the router being the problem. But I'm a little hesitant to do that for security. If that doesn't work, I suppose it's just a waiting game from there.

Have you tried to adding your computers IP to the routers DMZ? "Demilitarized Zone" That would bypass the routers firewall and NAT ruling out that it's the router.

Don't worry about it. Odds that something unlikely would happen just the moment you take the firewall/NAT down is extremely slim to none :) And it's temporary anyway. Just to see if it's indeed the router or not. If it is then it's only down to setting it up properly to allow the ports the game uses.

Edited by Aiiiiiiiii
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, chadlol said:

Alright. I've narrowed the UDP range to 3478, 6250-8000 and 10000-33000 if you want to open those up in the router firewall. Unfortunately the last range is huge because i haven't noticed any pattern between the random 10k's, 20k's and 30k's.

Try it out.

Edited by Aiiiiiiiii
1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, Aiiiiiiiii said:

Have you tried to adding your computers IP to the routers DMZ? "Demilitarized Zone" That would bypass the routers firewall and NAT ruling out that it's the router.

Don't worry about it. Odds that something unlikely would happen just the moment you take the firewall/NAT down is extremely slim to none :) And it's temporary anyway. Just to see if it's indeed the router or not. If it is then it's only down to setting it up properly to allow the ports the game uses.

9 minutes ago, Aiiiiiiiii said:

Alright. I've narrowed the UDP range to 3478, 6250-8000 and 10000-33000 if you want to open those up in the router firewall. Unfortunately the last range is huge because i haven't noticed any pattern between the random 10k's, 20k's and 30k's.

Try it out.

Just tried both. No cigar :(

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, chadlol said:

Just tried both. No cigar :(

Did you also have the firewall software you use in windows disabled when you did that?

And what's your network configuration exactly? computer->router->modem?

Edited by Aiiiiiiiii
1 person likes this

55 minutes ago, Aiiiiiiiii said:

Did you also have the firewall software you use in windows disabled when you did that?

And what's your network configuration exactly? computer->router->modem?

I hadn't previously. I just retried, still not working. Enabled DMZ on my ip, forwarded the ports mentioned, and disabled both windows defender and avast. Even plugged directly into the modem.

Yes, I have the exact setup you mentioned.

Just now, chadlol said:

I hadn't previously. I just retried, still not working. Enabled DMZ on my ip, forwarded the ports mentioned, and disabled both windows defender and avast. Even plugged directly into the modem.

Yes, I have the exact setup you mentioned.

Modem probably has a firewall/NAT too. Did you do anything about them?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Aiiiiiiiii said:

Modem probably has a firewall/NAT too. Did you do anything about them?

I entered my modem but don't see any configurable settings for firewall/NAT. I did factory reset and reboot the modem, and it allowed me to get into 2 games before it began timing out again. I followed that with resetting it once again, and it allowed me to enter 1 game. After that, and a few more resets, it's been back to the same. Now I'm not sure whether to think something was actually happening, and that it may be a modem issue, or if it was just a fluke and I got lucky.

Either way, this shouldn't be happening and it's clear PUBG has an issue. I have problems with no other online games.

2 minutes ago, chadlol said:

I entered my modem but don't see any configurable settings for firewall/NAT. I did factory reset and reboot the modem, and it allowed me to get into 2 games before it began timing out again. I followed that with resetting it once again, and it allowed me to enter 1 game. After that, and a few more resets, it's been back to the same. Now I'm not sure whether to think something was actually happening, and that it may be a modem issue, or if it was just a fluke and I got lucky.

Either way, this shouldn't be happening and it's clear PUBG has an issue. I have problems with no other online games.

Whats the brand and model of the modem? I'll look if i can find some info about it

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Aiiiiiiiii said:

Whats the brand and model of the modem? I'll look if i can find some info about it

Arris SB6183

Thank you for the support BTW!

Edited by chadlol

Just now, chadlol said:

Arris SB6183

It's such a great game that has given me many heart racing moments and the team behind it is awesome, so i feel like the least I can do is to provide help to the other players :)

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, chadlol said:

Arris SB6183

Hey again. Unfortunately I didn't find any good information about the inner workings of the modem. Since you were able to join into games after resets it seems that the modem has some iffy things going on. Was your computer connected straight to the modem when you did the resets?

7 hours ago, Aiiiiiiiii said:

Hey again. Unfortunately I didn't find any good information about the inner workings of the modem. Since you were able to join into games after resets it seems that the modem has some iffy things going on. Was your computer connected straight to the modem when you did the resets?

Yup. Even tried it all again this morning. Tried all combinations, all resulted in connection timeouts.

Posted (edited)

How can I Fix this?
I can joind to lobby where every one is waiting but after a while before I can get in the Plane I'm taking this error
(Sorry for my bad English)

My PC:
CPU: Intel i7 6700K Skylake
RAM: 16GB DDr4
Graphic Card: NVIDIA Gtx 960
Operating System: Windows 10

I'm not playing on Test Servers

Date Seen: 17.05.2017

Adsız.png

1.JPG

2.JPG

Edited by BianosTR

Posted (edited)

oh and on the Background was IOBIT Advenced System Care opened some peoples says this programm can make trouble with some games 
And I have a new error I did do nothing I was only trying again to join a game but the Problem code is changed
The I tried to join again then It's changed again

sd.JPG

sadasd.JPG

Edited by BianosTR

Nearly a month later same issues...

NJZ4uvd.jpg

Bug Description:
The game finds a match and shows a loading screen for about 1 to 2 minutes then shows above error.

Date Seen:
Every day since April 20th, 2017

Server: 
NA Region; Main Servers 

Troubleshooting Attempted:
Reinstalled Game
Restart Router and Modem
Added Rules to Firewall
Shutdown, temporarily, firewall and antivirus
Added Local IP to DMZ of router

Other Information:
N/A 

Launch Options:
None

System Specifications:

wHbA0cN.png

6Z7YpLV.png

friend and I both got this error in pachinki heading on the side of the city near church attempting to move north, both have different computers(he has ryzen i have intel) he has charter I have ATT, both in different states as well.

On 15. 5. 2017 at 0:58 PM, AgainZ said:

Same bug since 2month and no fix until yet 

I have same problem .. 2 month without game

guys.. this is still an issue.. it has been almost two months since I saw first post about this. 

system: $10k pc

internet: million dollar connection

game: playerunknown's server bugs

jsydlMYJmTRK[1].jpg