ChubbyWillis

LOST CONNECTION TO HOST

377 posts in this topic

Just tried to play 3 games right now, i got kicked out the 3 times, like 5-10mins after the start.

I have the same issue and I find it ridiculous that the only response is "we've added it to the bugs list"

This bug is preventing me as a customer to use the product i've paid for and should be fixed ASAP.

I have the same problem, except i cant even start a game, in solo or multi!! 

When I launch a game, the loading screen appears, supposedly searching for a game, but nothing really happens for about a minute and then I get the "disconnected from host" message.

I think the problem comes from my connection as I have an ethernet cable that I connect to using a VPN, but the same connection works with every other games... I've seen it might also be a NAT Type problem as my NAT is moderate, but I think if thats the case more poeple should have the same bug.

For now, the only solution I have found to play the game is to connect on my phone's 4g, which for some reason works better than my ethernet (I am on the optical fibre network) on this game. Only problem with this is the slow connection and the constant lag which makes the game unbearable...

Anyway I hope they fix this rapidly as my experience is pretty negative for now for a $30 GAME!!!

I have the same problem, except i cant even start a game, in solo or multi!! 

When I launch a game, the loading screen appears, supposedly searching for a game, but nothing really happens for about a minute and then I get the "disconnected from host" message.

I think the problem comes from my connection as I have an ethernet cable that I connect to using a VPN, but the same connection works with every other games... I've seen it might also be a NAT Type problem as my NAT is moderate, but I think if thats the case more poeple should have the same bug.

For now, the only solution I have found to play the game is to connect on my phone's 4g, which for some reason works better than my ethernet (I am on the optical fibre network) on this game. Only problem with this is the slow connection and the constant lag which makes the game unbearable...

Anyway I hope they fix this rapidly as my experience is pretty negative for now for a $30 GAME!!!

My internet dies for aprox 20 seconds, client drops connection but I don't even realize. My squad has awful lag until I exit to lobby than it stops immediately. Client never attempts to reconnect or even notify me of the loss of connection. In solo I wouldn't even realize what happened.

It aslo happens to me like 3 out  of 5 games. That's definitely something that need a fix as soon as possible. 

I got the same problem :(

Sometimes i can play without any problems, but other times, i have this ^$$**% disconnection from host. It's really random. It happend to me when we were 5 left in the game. So mad.

Any solutions for this bug ?

(I have a really good  ethernet connection by the way)

thanks

I had this problem, moved the game (and Steam) to my C:/ drive and it was gone. So deinstall it if it's not on C:/ and reinstall on C:/

Fixed it for me, might do for you.

4 hours ago, redshirt49 said:

I had this problem, moved the game (and Steam) to my C:/ drive and it was gone. So deinstall it if it's not on C:/ and reinstall on C:/

Fixed it for me, might do for you.

Didn't work.

21 minutes ago, RincewindTW said:

Didn't work.

Are your NAT settings open? Might help.

7 hours ago, svemirac7 said:

My internet dies for aprox 20 seconds, client drops connection but I don't even realize. My squad has awful lag until I exit to lobby than it stops immediately. Client never attempts to reconnect or even notify me of the loss of connection. In solo I wouldn't even realize what happened.

Hey Svemirac, 

Thanks for the report.

Unfortunately, we cannot help you if you do not follow the bug reporting format for threads which includes posting your system information.

Please reply to this thread with the format in the thread below and I'll update your first post.
Hopefully we can find a fix for you as soon as possible! :-)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Bug Description:
There are two ways I've seen this bug show itself.  One way you will begin a rubber band lag before you lose full disconnection from the server and then you will be unable to perform any actions that require interaction such as reloading, swapping weapons, and getting in or out of vehicles.  During this error the countdown timer will stop and all other players will run in place etc.  After a few minutes 3-5 it will disconnect with the error lost connection to the host.

The other way is an immediate disconnection from the host and it will just stutter then drop you from the match. 

Date Seen:
I have seen the error since the date of Early access launch, but I chalked it up to server issues as they are more heavily loaded.

The most recent few times was today twice in a row sometime from 2000-2200 PST.  

Troubleshooting Attempted:
None as the bug seems to be server side related.

Other Information:
I haven't seen any pattern to the events.

Launch Options:
None

System Specifications:  

I7-6850K unlocked at 4.2Ghz

Nvidia GTX1080 FE 

32GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 @1066MHz

250GB Samsung EVO  

1.5TB of random HDD capacity

CrashContext.runtime-xml

UE4Minidump.dmp

Edited by theproudfew23

9 hours ago, redshirt49 said:

Are your NAT settings open? Might help.

I don't have any NAT, my IP is real and I don't have any firewalls,

Bug Description:
My internet dies for approximately 20 seconds. I noticed this because I was on discord with my squad. After my internet connection is up again (about 20 seconds) I get reconnected to discord but game client does't even notify me of my connection loss and doesn't try to reconnect back. I only notice my squad is running in a constant direction without stopping. They tell me they have a huge lag so I, realizing the game isn't connecting me back into the actual game, exit to lobby. After that they continued playing normally without me and their lag issues stopped as soon as I exited to lobby. Basically something is wrong with client connecting players back after they loose connection, even for a short period of time, and rest of the squad (possibly more players) are experiencing lag until player exits to lobby. If this happened in solo I would't even realize my internet was down since the game ran seemingly normally for me.    

Date Seen:
Happened twice with exact same symptoms

27.03.2017 and 26.03.2017

Simply exit to lobby and wait for my squad to finish the match 

Other Information:
I think I covered it all but I would suggest something like a timer of 60 sec for a client to try and reconnect player back into the game and after that game can assume internet is down for a player and kick him from a match. Would solve lag issue too for the time being. I've seen something similar in Arma games.

Launch Options
Nothing

System Specifications:
Not the most stable internet connection obviously

Screenshot (26).png

Screenshot (27).png

Posted (edited)

Hi,  Yes I tried everything I was comfortable with on that thread & nothing worked for me -  the only reason I posted was I wasn't sure if that covered my problem then I saw another thread with the same problem &thought I would post - just reckon I will hang in there & wait to see what happens for the time being

Thanks for replying

Edited by g7gsw

Helloy guys i play since saturday and im disconect 4-5 time/days with the errors in the screen? 

MY FAI is Orange in french look screen all people have orange have this bug on euw.

Capture d’écran (222).png

16 hours ago, theproudfew23 said:

Bug Description:
There are two ways I've seen this bug show itself.  One way you will begin a rubber band lag before you lose full disconnection from the server and then you will be unable to perform any actions that require interaction such as reloading, swapping weapons, and getting in or out of vehicles.  During this error the countdown timer will stop and all other players will run in place etc.  After a few minutes 3-5 it will disconnect with the error lost connection to the host.

The other way is an immediate disconnection from the host and it will just stutter then drop you from the match. 

Date Seen:
I have seen the error since the date of Early access launch, but I chalked it up to server issues as they are more heavily loaded.

The most recent few times was today twice in a row sometime from 2000-2200 PST.  

None as the bug seems to be server side related.

Other Information:
I haven't seen any pattern to the events.

Launch Options:
None

System Specifications:  

I7-6850K unlocked at 4.2Ghz

Nvidia GTX1080 FE 

32GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 @1066MHz

250GB Samsung EVO  

1.5TB of random HDD capacity

CrashContext.runtime-xml

UE4Minidump.dmp

Hey Few, are you still having this issue after the server maintenance? There will be daily fixes done to improve quality. Sorry for the inconvenience. :-) 

I have the same issue since a long time (closed beta)

And I just got kicked out of the 2 last game I did a few min ago

Posted (edited)

Same here, Orange FAI with fiber and I have the same issue

6171002157.png

Edited by Thyger

2 hours ago, Dacodaco said:

Helloy guys i play since saturday and im disconect 4-5 time/days with the errors in the screen? 

MY FAI is Orange in french look screen all people have orange have this bug on euw.

Capture d’écran (222).png

Hey Daco, please try this thread.

Im in house with "fibre optique" like 1 ping 900mb down and 300mb for upload i have a nice connection but in this game i can't  

12 hours ago, Caesar of Roma said:

Hey Daco, please try this thread.

I did all of this already myself, still getting kick out of game

Posted (edited)

It's happening againnnnnn :'(

This sooooo frustrating, so much.

I moved my game to the C:/ Drive, worked for one day, then its happening again.

I was in the top ten in solo, then BOOM, Lost connection from host..........

Please Devs do someting about it, please.

Edited by g3force