Haren

How did this guy with no armor survive my shotgun blast point blank?

64 posts in this topic

Seeing a lot of this,  since friday, a lot of bizaare deaths where the other person should not have survived long enough to kill me. just had a round went from military tunnels to ther warehouse complex, was prone facing the roof, spotted someone got 4 blood splashes on the body with a scar, guy prones one shots me with a scar headshot, bear in mind I was wearing a lvl 3 helmet prone facing him. 

7 minutes ago, Shortstacker said:

From the sounds of your short post I'd guess you have little idea of how indie developers work. With that said, do some research...

Game felt polished and nearly ready for full release in the second to last open beta weekend. Since then though its been increased new bug after new bug with updates meant to address said bugs causing new bugs.

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, Kanesdeath said:

Game felt polished and nearly ready for full release in the second to last open beta weekend. Since then though its been increased new bug after new bug with updates meant to address said bugs causing new bugs.

I understand that, however, a ton of shit can (and usually does) go wrong during these early development cycles. 

There are AAA games out right now with YEARS of development and hundreds of millions of dollars spent, and they still experience problems. Give these guys a chance!!! 

4 hours ago, #RoS. De Vos said:

This game ruined everything now,  I know it is a alpha game but come on! .. this is terrible!
1) The server is lagged rlly much
2) Hitmarkers is a joke.. close shotgun shot and not even a hit!?!?
3) It is easy when you have 6 med kits to servive gas by the last 10
4) and fix that people with rlly bad internet automatic kicked out of the server!

You provided only anecdotal evidence, what a surprise...

This game has approximately a year of development and it's holding steady as one of the most viewed games on Twitch, often 2nd only to LoL, an impressive feat! 

Your third point, you state it's easy to survive to 10. Okay, and? Getting top 10 is great and all, but we all want the W.  Absolutely nothing (item wise) will save your skin once you've reached the final 2/3 circles. 

Stop talking out your ass people, you literally clicked "OKAY" on that disclaimer, ACCEPTING that you understood this is an unfinished product!!! 

Posted (edited)

Why do I have to keep posting this... This right on every Early Access title on steam. 

Early Access Game

Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development

Early Access Game

Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.

Edited by Nomad
1 person likes this

I have been in CQC situations where I hear gun fire after I have put a shell into their body, I see them continue to run and shoot as if they were trying to get me. but they die and their bullet sounds dont even land after. Seems to be a contributing effect like being shot after going into cover from some distance, maybe he was shooting you before your game caught up. and you bullets ment nothing, you did get headshotted.

11 hours ago, Kanesdeath said:

true, feel bad for people who didn't get to play in the beta

Chances are you totally destroyed it so it disappeared

1 hour ago, coffeman said:

Chances are you totally destroyed it so it disappeared

If you play the last few seconds of his clip on 0.25 speed you see the player has no armor (or at least I'm not seeing it?). So I'm guessing you almost killed the player but just not enough.

Yesterday I caught a guy proning on top of a hill with SKS, sneked up to him.  I had lvl 2 armor & helmet. I figured this guy cant see me. So I pull out my shotgun aim down the iron sights, crouch and proceed to strafe infront of his face so that he can see me before I blow his head off. With the shotgun barrel 2" from his nose I take a shot. I see blood I take another and get another hit, guy doesn't die and proceeds to spam his sks into my knee and kills me in 2 shots.

20 minutes ago, NightTmT said:

Did you see "GOD MODE" ? https://clips.twitch.tv/ClumsyEsteemedLegPeteZaroll

I have played with tons of cheater , even when I shot them from behind they spin 360 and hs my character with 2 - 3 shots, that's so sad

That's a ragdoll bug, not god mode. The guy died on 3rd or 4th shot. Then the other guy shot him while he was shooting the corpse. Read kill messages and see who kills who and when. 

6 people like this

Thanks for info. However, there are so many cheaters right now and I'm waiting for the hammer down on these cheaters.

Re OP: I think your opponent was wearing a lvl1 armour but it is very hard to tell from you video. It's not the best quality. Even if they weren't, if you go frame by frame, you can see that you were aiming roughly at their left shoulder when you pulled the trigger and you can also see that some of the buckshot hits the wall behind. This shotgun fires buckshot, not slugs. You only do full damage if all of the shots land. 

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, NightTmT said:

Thanks for info. However, there are so many cheaters right now and I'm waiting for the hammer down on these cheaters.

This is how you report cheaters 

Please don't make any posts about how you've encountered cheaters or how very many there are without evidence. It only spreads panic and aids those who make cheats. 

26 minutes ago, PUBG_FWG said:

Re OP: I think your opponent was wearing a lvl1 armour but it is very hard to tell from you video. It's not the best quality. Even if they weren't, if you go frame by frame, you can see that you were aiming roughly at their left shoulder when you pulled the trigger and you can also see that some of the buckshot hits the wall behind. This shotgun fires buckshot, not slugs. You only do full damage if all of the shots land. 

Yeah I also checked the video on 0.25 speed, and it's almost impossible to see if he's ACTUALLY wearing armor. Maybe that's a point to also take away from this: Armor should maybe in the future ALWAYS go on TOP of clothes and be clearly visible maybe? I have a feeling it's somehow hidden underneath the coat, and even though I love customization I do feel that "Gameplay > Customization".

I believe there are plans to make it clear when you hit armour. Not sure when it will be implemented but it's being discussed. It could be an audio and (maybe) visual cue. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, PUBG_FWG said:

I believe there are plans to make it clear when you hit armour. Not sure when it will be implemented but it's being discussed. It could be an audio and (maybe) visual cue. 

An audio queue would work well, maybe a metallic ding on armour and a fleshy noise on someone without? 

1 person likes this

lvl 3 armour, lvl 3 helm, both 100%, insta gibbed, they need to fix the consistency

13 minutes ago, radjenovic said:

lvl 3 armour, lvl 3 helm, both 100%, insta gibbed, they need to fix the consistency

You missed most of your shots though. That guy landed a clean shot on your body from point blank range(probably using choke as well)

1 minute ago, Flosstradamus said:

You missed most of your shots though. That guy landed a clean shot on your body from point blank range(probably using choke as well)

yup, my aim was shocking, no arguing with that, the point is though this thread is shotgun damage, in the initial video the guy gets a clear point blank range body hit against someone not wearing armour or a helm and survives. 

shotty.png

2 minutes ago, radjenovic said:

yup, my aim was shocking, no arguing with that, the point is though this thread is shotgun damage, in the initial video the guy gets a clear point blank range body hit against someone not wearing armour or a helm and survives. 

shotty.png

It depends where the full spread of the bullets hit. It looks to be that some bullets hit the top left of the shoulder and some of the other bullets hit the wall. We can't tell if he's using body armor either.