Kainan

The Crossbow is MIA

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I love the idea of the crossbow, but I feel they needed to really beef this weapon up, maybe taking 30 seconds to reload is realistic, but no one will use it as it was, however.... not only do I want to see it return, I'd like to see a normal bow added.

I think they could get creative and add different kinds of ammo to the bow, bleed out arrows, explosive arrows *aka rambo*   make it a rare weapon with a decent trade off,   I know it was a tribute weapon to battle royal, but i really liked it, I just think it needed something.

I've killed people with it, but it sure wasn't easy, better than a silenced AR if you knew how to hide while using it

Edited by Kainan

I'm happy to see it stay gone TBH. I'd like to see all of the cosmetic spawns changed out for something else as well. Add all of the coats to the pioneer crate as rare drops. 

1 person likes this

Crossbow would have been better if it was a serious killable hit. It was a waste of space at its current state.

Posted (edited)

Glad the crossbow is gone, it was worse than cosmetic clothing spawning everywhere just taking up space. Bow would be a waste of space & the cosmetic clothes are still a waste of space- the revolver would be a waste if not for that fact that it dropped 7.62.

Edited by Digit

As it was, I admit it was basically pointless, but if they were to make it useful  you guys still wouldn't like to see it return, I mean come on the reason it was horrible was it didn't have enough damage to make it wroth  its item slot, if it was actually useful I think it could make a comeback.

with my twisted humor I'd like to see a game mode where you have melee and crossbows only, I'd laugh for days.

To make crossbow useful they would either need to make it unrealistic or make more detailed damage models. Even most powerfull crossbow will NOT penetrate your typical bulletproof vest with ceramic plates (let's call it vest lvl3) and vast majority of crossbows won't penetrate regular kevlar vest. It would penetrate motorcycle helmet and that would be about it. So you would need to aim at either neck, arms or legs, use it at close range for best effectiveness - at this point your average 1911 will do a better job.

Ofcourse we can make it unrealistic and be this silent close-mid range OHKO weapon with retrievable bolts. I guess why not...

Crossbow would be nice in an actual Battle Royale game, rather than this Last Man Standing Shootout Game.

I don't see any point in having bow / crossbow in this game when there is a good amount of normal guns. Maybe someday when mods become possible there will be something interesting including bow / crossbow, but in the actual game, it's useless. The only way to use it was to have some very early fights when players just started looting. 

Talking about silence, I would rather shoot and kill someone with a normal gun, except trying to land some arrows / bolts. Yes, it will draw attention, but if you are a good player you can always handle it. (and don't forget that silencer is still in the game :D )

Posted (edited)

If it was OHKO weapon at close range it might see some use - after all it makes no noise so getting kills while NOT revealing yourself is highly desirable - ideally you want people to kill each other then go for the final push when they're vulnerable - that's how you secure 1st place right now. Ofcourse it doesn't matter all that much because of how dumbed down the game is due to third person camera but hey, maybe in HC mode...

Edited by Marrond

kinda like the crossbow. it makes no noise and i killed someone with level 3 helmet with 1 arrow so one hit. aswell i killed someone with one shot in the back idk if the dmg is just so high that it kills in 1 or if the guys dont had full hp but this weapon feels worth it 

17 minutes ago, officialslix said:

kinda like the crossbow. it makes no noise and i killed someone with level 3 helmet with 1 arrow so one hit. aswell i killed someone with one shot in the back idk if the dmg is just so high that it kills in 1 or if the guys dont had full hp but this weapon feels worth it 

I had lvl 2 helmet,lvl 3 vest.100HP and  got killed just with 1 hit ...lolz

Edited by Laffy

the crossbow is pretty shitty but what if we had this crossbow in game (I think everyone would grab it):

1 person likes this

I like the Crossbow but never seen these Attachments: "QuickDraw Mag for Crossbow" and "Foregrip for Crossbow" they doesn't exist yet?

On 4/21/2017 at 0:33 PM, CorcB said:

I like the Crossbow but never seen these Attachments: "QuickDraw Mag for Crossbow" and "Foregrip for Crossbow" they doesn't exist yet?

I dont believe they do

I need to mess around with it more. The few times I tried to snipe players at long range while standing still I couldn't hit them. Does the projectile fall off fast or something?

1 hour ago, blightedmythos said:

I need to mess around with it more. The few times I tried to snipe players at long range while standing still I couldn't hit them. Does the projectile fall off fast or something?

The drop for the bolt is massive after short range. 

PUBG Absurdity

To make the crossbow worthwhile:

- Fix ballistics on arrows, make their flight speed faster
- Increase reload speed slightly
- Increase number of arrows that spawn with crossbow
- Include a built in 4x acog

What you get is a silent mid range sniper that is excellent against still targets, its power is in quiet sneaky mid range kills, its weakness is its inability to suppress and put down multiple successive arrows on targets closing space on you.

+Positives should be high damage, accurate, silent and usable against still targets, easily available (~same droprate as AR's, less than snipers), free scope thats irremovable
-Negatives should be weak in close range (slow enough reload that 1 miss = switch weapon or die), unable to easily hit moving targets this is what snipers/AR's are for (arrow travel time vs bullet travel time).