X-Slayer-X    0

Good evening.-

I would like to give a suggestion about how to please people who like "3rd person camera glitch" and "first person mode only", you could try to make it so only if both, the player and the enemy, can see their avatar directly they will show up in the 3rd person mode (taking cover would make the enemy not to show up even if they are standing still on an open field), rendering the glitching useless but allowing people to still play in 3rd person mode, there would be some exceptions like while lying on grass or bushes (because you can still see some parts of the enemy avatar, is not true cover after all, the same would be with cars), I really think this could work.

Thanks for your time.

Heinz    39

I love that these threads get moved, shuffled around, locked, deleted, etc.

Yes. We understand that PU has said that it'll be in the game eventually. We also know that it has an "ETA of ??" so obviously he isn't listening to the crowds of people that want it yesterday.

You can play 1st person locked games in custom games, so yes, all it would require is a little UI work on the menu to add a "first person only" button, set X servers to have a boolean on servers to be flipped to "First person only". Then only pull servers that have the boolean flipped when someone has that button toggled. Done. It really is that easy. The FOV sucks, but I'd take that over what 3rd person offers right now. I'm sure it'd be improved upon as the game moves forward.

If the intent is to have 1st person in the game, and echoing what @ZombieRommel said about making it competitive, why not get as much feedback on it as possible, as soon as possible?

Tykjen    172
4 hours ago, Heinz said:

I love that these threads get moved, shuffled around, locked, deleted, etc.

Yes. We understand that PU has said that it'll be in the game eventually. We also know that it has an "ETA of ??" so obviously he isn't listening to the crowds of people that want it yesterday.

You can play 1st person locked games in custom games, so yes, all it would require is a little UI work on the menu to add a "first person only" button, set X servers to have a boolean on servers to be flipped to "First person only". Then only pull servers that have the boolean flipped when someone has that button toggled. Done. It really is that easy. The FOV sucks, but I'd take that over what 3rd person offers right now. I'm sure it'd be improved upon as the game moves forward.

If the intent is to have 1st person in the game, and echoing what @ZombieRommel said about making it competitive, why not get as much feedback on it as possible, as soon as possible?

They just wanna steal the most h1z1 players they can. Make PUBG familiar enough, add some arcade and 3rd person will make sure of that. We havent heard any reasons so its simply time to assume. PUBG isnt really bringing anything new to the BR genre. More or less the same package under a new name. Thats how corporations do it.

naknak    0

First person mode in PUBG = Best game ever. For now, is just impossible win fight when enemy is behind cover and you must rush him

I think there should be option to POV only games (I realize people like 3rd person stuff), because I dont think its cool you can be behind a corner, and stare at the wall, but still see everything behind the wall through 3rd person. Or for example in final stages where you are lying down behind a small concrete fence, but can see your whole surroundings anyway.

Xenon    1

Hello,

I and many more people (streamers etc.), would love if you would offer us some Hardcore Server.

It wouldnt be that hard to make or ..?

With Hardcore I mean : First Person only ; No crosshair ; No "fastest" way to the zone" etc.

TA Thr34t    5

No cross hair is a terrible idea. Just gives people that have drawn a dot on their monitor or have a monitor with a built in cross hair an unfair advantage.

• Like 1

Nuustik    0

Hello!

Love the game, you guys are doing an amazing work. Just one thing is bothering me and it's 3rd person. The way this map is designed and with such damage models, I can't understand why 3rd person isn't removed. It encourages camping, removes tactical depth and you almost never have the time to react to someone shooting you, because they can prefire you so hard. I cannot play solo anymore, I can run around and shoot in the air, but noobody will come to shoot me, it's just a boring campfest that I'm pretty sure can be fixed with removing 3rd person or 1st person only servers. Not a developer, but I think making 1st person servers shouldn't be that hard. Luckily I have friends to play duo or squad, but the lack of tactical depth because of 3rd person is really frustrating sometimes. I really hope this game will go more hardcore, rather then dumbed-down. Can't wait for better servers and 1st person only mode, only thing holding me back from playing this game for many many hours.

Nuustik    0

Does anyone from "Bluehole" actually reads these threads? There is obviously a demand for 1st person. Yet I have a feeling we are going to see another new weapon before that.

d12duke    36
Posted (edited)

I have quite a bit of experience in ue2/3 and 4.  The newest unreal engine uses 'blueprints' and would make forcing first person very very easy.  But with that, there would need to be another server cluster for this game mode.  As stated recently they are currently profiling the servers to find bottlenecks and in the grand scheme of things, profiling the servers is of utmost importance right now for everyone.  Hit registration. 'getting shot behind the wall'. Actual server lag.. These things need to be remedied before they open up an entirely new server cluster for a hardcore mode or any other game mode really.  If that makes sense. 

Edited by d12duke

worst3    1

Have to put my name in the need first person mode, more people asking the better. Fire fights just get boring when each side just decides to sit behind cover and wait watching the other persons cover. Need that risk reward in there to add to the suspense of it. There no reason to try and leave cover and rush forward or relocated when you know they will see you. You should have to risk getting shot to know your cover will still be good and your not going to get flanked. I want to be able to play FP but just to much a handicap to play in it when you know the other guy going to have all that information with no risk. Information and situational awareness are extremely valuable and there should be risk to get it. 

I do fear with games that come out in 3rd person people get to used to 3rd person and are afraid to change. but had they started in FP they been fine and probably enjoyed it more. Or that well the game was meant to be first persons that how they designed it so it the wrong way to play, go play something else. just because this is how it was first released does not make it the better/correct there not reason to not try and improve the way the game is played. Or worse go play COD or battle feild... the overall game play is completely different. This game is about high risk and reward, you have just 1 life. You have work for your gear and give that life that much more important/valuable to you. One mistake one oversight you lose can lose everything, but makes a win that much better. In 3rd person there nothing you can do if some one just wall watching no way to know. Especial at the end were i am more in the zone so i can sit here and know he not moving in on me. you already have the advantage should not be given even more of an advantage.

i would like to see an more stances like arma has, so you can see around cover a bit better and maybe peek over low walls (even if you cant get the gun over to shoot). Grass is also and issue for FP that i think would need to be addressed the most. also a bit better damage indicator with the blood. FOV is not all that much different as now between the 2. 

Arsenツ    0

I support the idea completely and would be happy if they brought in first person only servers this very moment.

However that being said, I think the main thing the devs should be concerned about is splitting the playerbase. Adding first person mode would split it in half, although it could bring more players in from games like squad, arma and even battlefield. 

There will be a good time to introduce the mode when the player base growth starts to plateau, and in the mean time they can make sure that everything will work fine once they do introduce it (get rid of the looking through walls bug and get that FOV slider in).

We should all be concerned about the health of the game and it's community, introducing first person mode this early on may be a mistake.

Peater    4

It will only be split for a short time. 1st person only will be the standard soon after it's implemented. 

Arsenツ    0
5 hours ago, Peater said:

It will only be split for a short time. 1st person only will be the standard soon after it's implemented. 

I disagree, people are already used to third person and some people may not want to adjust to first person.

d12duke    36
Posted (edited)

Well I can't wait for it to be added personally :) Going to take time though. 

Edited by d12duke

prax85    45
Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2017 at 8:52 PM, d12duke said:

I have quite a bit of experience in ue2/3 and 4.  The newest unreal engine uses 'blueprints' and would make forcing first person very very easy.  But with that, there would need to be another server cluster for this game mode.  As stated recently they are currently profiling the servers to find bottlenecks and in the grand scheme of things, profiling the servers is of utmost importance right now for everyone.  Hit registration. 'getting shot behind the wall'. Actual server lag.. These things need to be remedied before they open up an entirely new server cluster for a hardcore mode or any other game mode really.  If that makes sense. 

"1p only" is already in the game (as I always suspected)... you can do it under "custom games"... but ofc, it's not an option for us mere mortals... I actually have to restrain myself extremely when talking about this... it's a fucking tasteless joke... bordering on outright insulting to us.

To be honest, I almost entirely gave up on this. They got me good (and my money) with early talks about it and the last time I played was, surprise, when they added the custom games... ontop of that, the game's population gets bigger and bigger... which makes everyone here who keeps asking for it an even tinier minority every day... and every day increases the chances of more of us quitting. So it would be only logical that they might not even bother afterall eventually.

I'll believe it when I see it...

Edited by prax85

I'm playing battle royale since you, guys from PLAYERUNKNOWN created an Arma 3 mod. So what do i want to say? Will there be also two mods - hardcore (only 1st persone) and regular (1st and 3rd person)??? I would like to play some hardcore servers. GL HF :)

Desirsar    11
On 5/16/2017 at 9:27 AM, Jordan MadDog Mackenzie said:

I wonder how many people would be terribly disappointed if they didn't make FP an option but just changed the game to FP?

My money is that more people would be annoyed by the change than would actively pursue it, but my money is also on more actual people (not just a percentage) being vocal about the dead first person queue than would be vocal about forcing it on everyone.

I feel like it must be too obvious that if people dislike the major mechanics so much that they could just find another game.  The response would likely be "I paid for this game, I shouldn't have to change!"  That equally applies to those who prefer third person. How about we split the difference, have two game modes (as is already planned), and use my earlier suggestion of making complaints about the relative sizes of the queues against the forum rules?

PUBG is happy to announce that First person servers are coming

Until then you can continue to show you support for 1PP servers using this thread but if you have any detailed & constructive feedback please continue your discussion in the thread linked below.

Thank you for all your patience and support so far!

• Like 3

Zailink    37

Can't wait for first person only servers 9_9

Spoiler

Preview of First Person servers:

Memes, Shooters, and ?: FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS VIEW LOGIC  A LITTLE  SPOON  JAR OF  STEApTCAM  STRAWBERRY  OPERATOR  JAM  ANIMATRONIC  ARMS  BGAMING ??

FGWingman    8

I was very happy until i see EU/NA only and other regions got delayed. But its okay GG PUBG !!