????????

if so who is on board!?

Moderator Edit.

PUBG is happy to announce that First person servers are coming

Until then you can continue to show you support for 1PP servers using this thread but if you have any detailed & constructive feedback please continue your discussion in the thread linked below.

Thank you for all your patience and support so far!

• Like 1

Parasytic    1

I think this would be a pretty neat thing, I don't know how many people would play it though and if it would have long queue times since most would play the normal game modes. It would definitely be something fun to try out though for a game or two.

Cashis    12

1pp would eliminate the majority of the camping whilst also adding intensity and another level of tactical gameplay

i know this has been covered . i am just reiterating the IMMEDIATE need for this feature.

I also know its not as easy as "click, click, copy, paste" but it also can not be too difficult considering 1pp is already in the game

even if its just a few servers we need this NOW

• Like 1

Well, I prefer to adapt to a current situation with my view, for me, there is not actual point to having servers which looked on 1 kind of view.

I don't know why you want this thing ASAP, I prefer Devs to fix bugs, optimize the game and tweak some stuff. I am more than sure this is not the first thing to do. 

Canis    9

I created an account on here just to further promote this.  The campy, peek while hidden nature of free-look 3rd person view is a dumpster fire.  Nobody should be able to see around obstacles or cover without presenting themselves as a potential target.  It really kills it for me.  I own the game and havent even played yet.  We need these 1st person servers please!  

I know it cant be exactly as simple as just disabling 3rd person view on a server... but it cant be much more than that as i could play the entire game in full 1st person as Cash said above.  

Jbwrecked    148

This has already been mentioned that will be implemented. Don't see the reason in releasing this "ASAP". It's still early access so devs most likely won't be spending time working on this when there's clearly other objectives to take care of. 

• Like 2

Interrogate    266
1 minute ago, Jbwrecked said:

This has already been mentioned that will be implemented. Don't see the reason in releasing this "ASAP". It's still early access so devs most likely won't be spending time working on this when there's clearly other objectives to take care of. 

Yeah as he said, theres no real point in releasing first person servers when the game is clearly really laggy and has FPS issues as well. I'd enjoy first person just as much as the next guy, but I'd much rather them focus on making the game really stable and playable.

• Like 1

Canis    9

What i dont understand is this...

1st person camera is there.  It's an option for full time use.  Why cant they simply make a few 1st person locked servers now and continue to work on the game as normal.  I really can't imagine it would be much work to simply lock the view or disable 3rd person.  Then everything could develop and improve together and both populations would be content.

Seems logical, no?

Interrogate    266
1 minute ago, Canis said:

What i dont understand is this...

1st person camera is there.  It's an option for full time use.  Why cant they simply make a few 1st person locked servers now and continue to work on the game as normal.  I really can't imagine it would be much work to simply lock the view or disable 3rd person.  Then everything could develop and improve together and both populations would be content.

Seems logical, no?

I don't think its as easy as just locking the camera to first person and thats it.

But I'm not a game dev so I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Canis    9
11 minutes ago, Interrogate said:

I don't think its as easy as just locking the camera to first person and thats it.

I dont have any dev experience either; however, it can't require too much work if you think about it from a systems perspective.  (unless there are some crazy functional tie-ins)

Regardless - I would be nice if they added 1st person only servers right away so that the development could include possible issues, glitches, tweaks that arose from that locked point of view.  I guarantee we find new issues,  bugs etc. when the masses start playing 1st person only.  Seems logical to enable the servers now and allow for concurrent development.

• Like 1

prax85    45
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Interrogate said:

I think them not wanting to waste the limited server capicity at this point in time (also due to all the other issues having priority) is more likely.

Whatever their reasons are, the last time there was a reply, it was mentioned that they are not gonna release them until the 1st person view is in a polished state (you are able to glitch-view through walls on rare occasions, which I personally would be fine with... still better than 3p)... which sounded kinda ridiculous to me... because we (the players) will find issues and it won't even take that long... even if they might think they polished it. Imho, this has to come prior launch because it needs just as much testing as everything else.

Edited by prax85

Jbwrecked    148

I completely understand what you're saying but why introduce more items that could be flawed when you have a full list of them just to appeal to the few that want 1st person view modes.... If it's already taken the devs this long to fix the issues they have, WHILE STILL only having one map and one game mode... I doubt their next worry is to include a 1st person mode. 

I will agree that as soon as the major bugs are worked out of the regular gameplay and they have released several maps/modes, they should release a first person. That way all other bugs/optimization/etc. is worked out and they can begin a new game mode with only those respective bugs in play as opposed to having several modes with each having their own respective bugs. That would be too much to handle IMO. 

Canis    9
5 minutes ago, Jbwrecked said:

I completely understand what you're saying but why introduce more items that could be flawed when you have a full list of them just to appeal to the few that want 1st person view modes.... If it's already taken the devs this long to fix the issues they have, WHILE STILL only having one map and one game mode... I doubt their next worry is to include a 1st person mode. 

I will agree that as soon as the major bugs are worked out of the regular gameplay and they have released several maps/modes, they should release a first person. That way all other bugs/optimization/etc. is worked out and they can begin a new game mode with only those respective bugs in play as opposed to having several modes with each having their own respective bugs. That would be too much to handle IMO. 

Several maps modes?  I think you're a little confused to the scope of this game.  1st person hard-core servers will go live way before that if everything PU's said is to be believed.

Jbwrecked    148
Just now, Canis said:

Several maps modes?  I think you're a little confused to the scope of this game.  1st person hard-core servers will go live way before that if everything PU's said is to be believed.

What I mean by maps/modes is the though that they were adding different group settings as in the possible 3-man or 5-man (that's not currently implemented). I agree 1st person would be nice to have but I doubt they'd introduce a whole different style of game-play without first fixing the current stage. 

Canis    9
11 minutes ago, prax85 said:

I think them not wanting to waste the limited server capicity at this point in time (also due to all the other issues having priority) is more likely.

Whatever their reasons are, the last time there was a reply, it was mentioned that they are not gonna release them until the 1st person view is in a polished state (you are able to glitch-view through walls on rare occasions, which I personally would be fine with... still better than 3p)... which sounded kinda ridiculous to me... because we (the players) will find issues and it won't even take that long... even if they might think they polished it. Imho, this has to come prior launch because it needs just as much testing as everything else.

Yup.  1st person needs to be played and tested at the same time 3rd person is played and tested.  It makes no sense to say that they want to fix the issues and bugs or polish 3rd person view before turning loose 1st person camera servers.  It's the same game, same assets etc. with a change in camera perspective.  It seems MORE important to test both view points exhaustively before launch does it not?  (i know you agree, just saying...)

Canis    9
1 minute ago, Jbwrecked said:

What I mean by maps/modes is the though that they were adding different group settings as in the possible 3-man or 5-man (that's not currently implemented). I agree 1st person would be nice to have but I doubt they'd introduce a whole different style of game-play without first fixing the current stage. 

It's simply a change in camera system.  It's fully implemented in the game.  Plenty of people play in only 1st person view (or mostly). They will just turn off/disable 3rd person view so that all players on a server are on an equal footing.

Jbwrecked    148

I mean, yes and no. While it is, in our eyes, the same gameplay while having different POV's, it might not be the case on the dev side. 

My argument simply is, the current game mode has both, 1st and 3rd person views. If they fix the 3rd person views, it will cover most of 1st person views bugs now. If they release 1st person hard-core, then they would be forced to begin the bug fixes with that as well as the implementation of the new damage system, views, etc. 

The current mode still has those buggy aiming down sites while crouched doesn't guarantee vision over a window/fence, the left and right lean need work, picking up items being finicky, others I'm sure. But if they get fixed for the current version, then releasing the following 1st person only version would be much easier to deal with since they will have worked out most bugs for the basic physics of the game. Which we can both agree is being based on the current 3rd person mode. 

Jbwrecked    148
Just now, Canis said:

It's simply a change in camera system.  It's fully implemented in the game.  Plenty of people play in only 1st person view (or mostly). They will just turn off/disable 3rd person view so that all players on a server are on an equal footing.

This is what I would have to disagree with. I don't think it's as simple as "just disabling 3rd person" view. Again, I'm not a dev so hell, it MIGHT be as easy as that. But with my experience in simple coding, it's never that simple. 

Canis    9
9 minutes ago, Jbwrecked said:

I mean, yes and no. While it is, in our eyes, the same gameplay while having different POV's, it might not be the case on the dev side. 

My argument simply is, the current game mode has both, 1st and 3rd person views. If they fix the 3rd person views, it will cover most of 1st person views bugs now. If they release 1st person hard-core, then they would be forced to begin the bug fixes with that as well as the implementation of the new damage system, views, etc. 

The current mode still has those buggy aiming down sites while crouched doesn't guarantee vision over a window/fence, the left and right lean need work, picking up items being finicky, others I'm sure. But if they get fixed for the current version, then releasing the following 1st person only version would be much easier to deal with since they will have worked out most bugs for the basic physics of the game. Which we can both agree is being based on the current 3rd person mode. 

At the risk of sounding like a broken record i'll say this just one more time...

The camera view is just that and nothing more.  Why would they address only issues in one camera mode as they finish the game?  Im not sure that's the way the devs are working.  Having they palyerbase "test" both camera modes concurrently seems like the most intelligent path through release.  

Issues with the physics (and other systems) of the game engine are not going to change between camera views.  That's not how it works.  Yes, there might be some clipping issues and other visual oddities that arise but that just happens.

To end, all i'm saying is... enabling some 1st person only hard-core servers would be more of a benefit to both the players and devs (most likely) than a negative. 1st person fans would get to play the game without the ludicrous 3rd person "hide and peek" and the devs would get good hard data/experience from the players.  3rd person camera view development is not going to be hampered by pushing the 1st person servers forward.  

Canis    9
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Jbwrecked said:

This is what I would have to disagree with. I don't think it's as simple as "just disabling 3rd person" view. Again, I'm not a dev so hell, it MIGHT be as easy as that. But with my experience in simple coding, it's never that simple. 

I think you might be surprised just how easy it is. (Not a game dev - but not ignorant either - not saying you are of course!)

Edited by Canis

Jbwrecked    148

Might just be our different experiences in coding that we may have to agree to disagree. But like I said, it may just be as easy as that and hopefully it is. It would make things a big more interesting to have only 1st person view. I'm just excited for whatever future this game will be in. Seems the devs are hard at work. 

Canis    9
3 minutes ago, Jbwrecked said:

Might just be our different experiences in coding that we may have to agree to disagree. But like I said, it may just be as easy as that and hopefully it is. It would make things a big more interesting to have only 1st person view. I'm just excited for whatever future this game will be in. Seems the devs are hard at work. 

It would be nice to have both normal and hard core servers right now.  Id love it.  I'd spend absolutely no time in normal mode.  

And i'm with you.  The dev team seems committed and progress is being made.  It will be cool to see how this game evolves in the next year!

• Like 2