azgoodaz

new weapon suggestions
New weapons to be implemented into the game for the future, after release?

227 posts in this topic

SORRY THIS IS A LONG POST, I BOLDED THE IMPORTANT STUFF, I WANTED TO GO INTO AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE TO TRY AND CONVINCE THE DEVS TO ADD MORE VARIETY TO THE GAME.

I've been playing the game for the past 2 weekends and it's really good. It feels familiar and fun, but it's still a bit lackluster in it's features. (Disclaimer, Yes I know this is a beta and it doesn't show that this is the final product, that's why I'm here) The major thing I didn't like about H1Z1 was the weapons. Already I'm seeing a huge improvement in the weapons in Battlegrounds. Not just in terms of gunplay and the mechanics of said weapons, but also in the variety. Already there are way more weapons, and not to mention the addition of attachments make the game fresh and fun.

The problem is the game seems to be doing the same thing H1Z1 did, They have a minimal amount of weapons and it feels boring. It would be a good idea to add more variety. One thing I haven't seen in a game that is a great idea in terms of realism, is the variety of weapons. This could include colours, attchments, and varieties to common guns like the M16 and AK. 

Some examples of these are shown in the images below. If you really think about it, It's easier to find a modified weapon than it is to find the original. 

What I'm getting at is the more variety you have, the more fresh and realistic the game feels. It wont feel boring to find the same old m16 every time.

Variety across many different platforms(Of course I'm not asking for every single variant to be in the game, it would be great to see maybe like 5 of the major ones):

M16 variants: XM16E1, M16A1, M16A2, M16A3, M16A4, M16A6, M417, M110, AR-15. This would add more options for things like attachments in terms of rails and adds uniqueness to everyone. If someone wants a DMR build they can do that, or if someone wants a CQB build they can use an m4 variant listed below. Also add more options for magazines, Like slim magpul mags or 45/60/Beta Mags. (Yes I know the 45 is already in the game).

M4 Variants: M4 Carbine, M4 Commando, M4 SOPMOD, CAR-15, M4A1, M4A2, M4A4, M4A6, M416, 9mmSMG(RO635), Mk18, Magpul Masada/ACR, AR-15 Carbine 

Scar Variants: Mk16, Mk16 PDW, Mk16 CQB, Mk17. Of course have the H/L variants.

AK Variants: AK-74, AK-74m, AKS-74u, AKS-74, AK-47, AK-47m AKM, AKS, AK-12, AK-103, AK-104, AK-105. Have different parts like rails and different mags like Plum mags and Higher Capacity mags.

Another cool thing would be to add in more options for weapons of the same caliber. For example:

5.56: AUG(With its three variants, SG 556, FAMAS, F2000, HK33/HK53, G36(With its variants), Tar-21, Mini-14.

7.62: SKS, Mosin, AK Variants(SVD/RPK/AK), SVT-40, SV-98, PKM

9mm: Glock(Variants included), GSh-18, Beretta 92/93r, Beretta Cx4, Browning HP, CZ-75, FN FNP-9, MP-443 Grach, Tec-9, Ruger Mp9, Sig P2 series, MP5(With variants), Scorpion, 9mm Aug, RO635, PP-19 Bizon, PM-63 RAK, PP-2000, Uzi(9mm or .45)

.45: UMP-45, Kriss Vector .45,  Colt m1911, FN FNP-45, Mac-10, HK45, HK UMP, HK USP, Kimber 1911

12 Gauge: Mossberg 500/590, Benelli Nova, Ithica 37, Kel-tec KSG, Mag-7, Winchester model 1897, Striker, Benelli M3/M4, SPAS-12/15, USAS-12, Remington 870, Pancor Jackhammer

12 Gauge Ammunition VariantsI would love to see so ammo variants with 12 gauge: Slugs, Buckshot, Birdshot, Flechette, etc

.300: The Arctic Warfare Company has plenty of AW variants. And there are a few other guns that use .300.

m16_va10.jpg

10272205p.jpg

Before anyone starts commenting that this would cause confusion and make it harder to find guns with the same ammunition. Look at the way they already have ammunition set up, A Kar-98 doesn't really use 7.62 does it? If they kept this system in play and limited the types of ammo (5.56, 7.62, 9mm, .45 acp, 12g, and .300) then it wont be very confusing. Sure they may need to add 5.45 if they want to use the AK-74's but that's only really 1 more ammo type. I know nobody wants to go around trying to find the right type of 9mm in the sea of 9mm variants around the world. 

What it comes down to is adding more variety to the game in terms of cosmetic looks of the weapons. you could have all 5.56 guns function the same and all 7.62 guns function the same. But it would add more colour to the game and make it unique from any other game on the market (With the exception of arma mods)

4 minutes ago, Wulffson said:

Before anyone starts commenting that this would cause confusion and make it harder to find guns with the same ammunition. Look at the way they already have ammunition set up, A Kar-98 doesn't really use 7.62 does it? If they kept this system in play and limited the types of ammo (5.56, 7.62, 9mm, .45 acp, 12g, and .300) then it wont be very confusing. Sure they may need to add 5.45 if they want to use the AK-74's but that's only really 1 more ammo type. I know nobody wants to go around trying to find the right type of 9mm in the sea of 9mm variants around the world. 

What it comes down to is adding more variety to the game in terms of cosmetic looks of the weapons. you could have all 5.56 guns function the same and all 7.62 guns function the same. But it would add more colour to the game and make it unique from any other game on the market (With the exception of arma mods)

Im agree with you if they add more weapons it make it harder to find guns with the same ammunition

I'm not saying it will make it harder, I'm saying it wont make a difference. The way they set up the guns in the beta is perfect in my opinion. Keep the ammunition but add more weapons using said ammunition.

They are already in the process of adding 2 new guns. They're not going to add a million guns, what would be the point of that... You only will have 2 guns the whole game and you aren't going to switch once you find the best one so why have so many rifles?

5 minutes ago, Interrogate said:

They are already in the process of adding 2 new guns. They're not going to add a million guns, what would be the point of that... You only will have 2 guns the whole game and you aren't going to switch once you find the best one so why have so many rifles?

yeah we dont need 54782856 guns you he compared h1z1 with PUBG but in h1z1 you have only 2 guns . Its perfect in pubg

Nah but think about it. they have cosmetic crates in the game, Why not make a cosmetic weapon crate that adds the posted variants and realistic colours to the game. It's not changing the way the gun performs, just they way the gun looks.

1 minute ago, Wulffson said:

Nah but think about it. they have cosmetic crates in the game, Why not make a cosmetic weapon crate that adds the posted variants and realistic colours to the game. It's not changing the way the gun performs, just they way the gun looks.

Ohhh, i thought u wanted them to add a ton of guns into the game that all had different characteristics and everything. That would be kinda cool to have different gun skins that are basically the same.

So you just want more skins? I think you need to change your wording to make that a little clearer;)

Yeah sorry I thought I had it in there that it was just a cosmetic idea and not a full blown change in all of the weapons. I'll see if I can edit it.

I don't think you can. Max is 10 minutes I believe to edit a post. But oh well, at least we cleared that you mean skins and not necessarily new guns.

A semi auto rifle is a good idea maybe a sks and a fal

also i like the windchester idea

More variation in guns would help keep the game fresh for longer. Never a bad idea. 

I do like the idea of weapon skins, it keeps giving a game a fresh new look and a way to keep it more interesting....  I said this in another thread a while ago but I'll put it here too. Community made/voted skins. This will let the creative people flow and the not so creative will still have a chance to vote for their favorite. Something along the lines of the way that CS does it... without all the corruption of course.  

I think that further down the line adding more guns of a main caliber wouldn't hurt, keeps things different, but that would be in like 6-12 month increments or however long seems fit. 

I think that adding in weapon "Skins" like H1 and CSGO did would be the wrong  direction for the game, If this game takes a more realistic path, then it would be better to see weapon variations and modest weapon skins like camo or solid colours. But having super flashy skins would make the game seem more like CSGO and H1Z1. I hope they go for this path instead of a super flashy path.

Posted (edited)

Wulffson

Don't worry, this guys know exactly what they are doing.After listening to the PU interview I am sure I'm playing the right game.

Edited by Subject_with_Gun

1 minute ago, Subject_with_Gun said:

Wulffson

Don't worry, this guys know exactly what they are doing.After listeting to the PU interview I am sure I'm playing the right game.

Can you tell me where I can find this interview? 

8 minutes ago, Wulffson said:

I think that adding in weapon "Skins" like H1 and CSGO did would be the wrong  direction for the game, If this game takes a more realistic path, then it would be better to see weapon variations and modest weapon skins like camo or solid colours. But having super flashy skins would make the game seem more like CSGO and H1Z1. I hope they go for this path instead of a super flashy path.

I should have clarified, I do not want to see a neon skin in game, maybe white if there is snow. I want skins that are true to life. So like urban camo, digital camo, etc. No overly flashy things but enough to affect the surroundings or blend in more. Like in fall have a red camo I could equip to blend in with leafs. 

13 minutes ago, Caesar of Roma said:

I should have clarified, I do not want to see a neon skin in game, maybe white if there is snow. I want skins that are true to life. So like urban camo, digital camo, etc. No overly flashy things but enough to affect the surroundings or blend in more. Like in fall have a red camo I could equip to blend in with leafs. 

Yeah that is what I was going for there. Another thing that would be good is AK attachments. I was really looking at that AK picture and I would love to see like wooden grips for the AK or rails on a modern ak or modern m16. (I hope they don't add grenade launchers tho)

Posted (edited)

I think a few more guns would be nice.

Like a few more ammo variants like 5.45, .44

Edited by Deckerz

29 minutes ago, Deckerz said:

I think a few more guns would be nice.

Like a few more ammo variants like 5.45, .44

I think it would be great to add 5.45 so we can have the SKS and AK74

Posted (edited)

What about these beauties?? Special Sniper Rifle "VVS Vintorez", Special Automatic Rifle: "AS Val" as well as Sniper Rifle Shortened "Dragunov SVU". About the assault rifles "SIG SG 550, 551, 552 Commando and 553"(any of them). In addition, with a variety of attachments and custom skins.  I would be very happy if I had a chance to see them all in the game!

AS_Val_&_VSS_Vintorez_-_RaceofHeroes-part2-33.jpg

Dragunov_SVU_03.jpg

sig_sg550_family.jpg

Edited by PainPark_808

Posted (edited)

How about this bad boy? My guess is any iconic weapon should be added with the time. Can't imagine how cool this going to be.

deserteagle.jpg

Edited by Subject_with_Gun

Posted (edited)

My favorite semi-auto shotgun "Fabarm STF 12" after "Saiga-12" but it has a shortened version. I'd love to do frags in with him in the game:-)

fabarm-stf-12-short-11-initial.jpg

stf_12_pistolgrip_18_2.jpg

Edited by PainPark_808