Continuing to pour hours of my life into PUBG after nearly 2 months. Had my ups and downs.
Game continues to provide memorable experiences on a consistent basis, but more glaring issues are beginning to reveal themselves as my squad and I leave the honeymoon phase and start seriously hunting for chicken dinners.
My last thread was almost exclusively complaints so I will add positive feedback here as well, though I have no idea how that is useful to the dev team.
+ The guns feel great. They each have unique quirks and strengths and it's fun learning to use them well.
+ The QOL improvements are much appreciated. Game functions at a higher level than it did on day one.
+ Heard a lot of complaints about the game's audio but I am able to consistently locate other players using headphones. Love the audio, with some exceptions detailed below.
+ It mostly works. My friends and I haven't gamed together in several years, but PUBG has brought us all together again. Able to get on, group up, and hop on a plane quickly and easily so we can start bickering about where to drop.
+ Menus feel better than I expected.
- Character movement is improved, but still infuriating at times. Trying to peak into the hallway from a side room at a place like hospital is a Herculean task most of the time. Character puts gun away and pulls it out while crossing the threshold of the door and the guy in the hallway has his gun drawn the whole time.
This also occurs when trying to shoot out of windows or over low walls. I never know if I'm going to have the clear shot or if I'm just going to lower my weapon or even empty several rounds into concrete or wood.
- The water smacking hull sound is just so awful and jarring. Red zone bombs are also horrible when they're right on your squad. Makes communication difficult without adjusting volume just for the red zone.
- Still having trouble seeing white HUD stuff in certain lighting. Most notable when on a beach with your crosshair and compass using the sky as a background. Also painful in areas with a lot of light gray textures.
- Frame rate instability in many areas of the map and oddly in final circles make combat feel like a chore or like a gunfight can be chalked up to luck of the draw.
- Input lag remains despite improvements.
- Loot crates suck. I spent my 30,000 bp on a bunch of brown school shoes and a Where's Waldo shirt. Even the cool items I see people have don't look very cool because the gear textures on the player models are so muddy.