Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ramza

Blue Zone wall effects block vision of targets near the wall.

Recommended Posts

The Blue Zone wall effects hinder the ability to spot targets. It needs to be a much more subtle effect that doesn't obfuscate a player's view of potential targets near the wall. A player should not be punished for looking in the direction of the Blue Zone. Here's a video showing an example. I am trying to target 2 players near the Blue Zone wall and the flashing effects make them completely invisible to me several times. The flashing effects only last a second but they repeat over and over and each time block the target.

This thread is about the Blue Zone graphical effects. It is NOT about Blue Zone balance values such as damage, speed, etc. Please do NOT merge this thread with a balance thread on the Blue Zone as this thread is not related to that in any way.

 

 

 

blue zone.png

Edited by Ramza
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balls does it need to be.

The people at the edge of the blue are already contesting with having to move in... You just want a duck shooting gallery, what nonsense.

crabby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crabby2004 said:

Balls does it need to be.

The people at the edge of the blue are already contesting with having to move in... You just want a duck shooting gallery, what nonsense.

crabby

There shouldn't be an advantage for being late. Look at my scope while trying to shoot them.

blue zone.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

There shouldn't be an advantage for being late. Look at my scope while trying to shoot them.

blue zone.png

It's hardly surprising that a scope would magnify an effect... The effect also lasts such a short amount of time that it didn't seem to affect your accuracy. If anything, I am happy it exists - makes the game less predictable. Oh... and to say that's and advantage is true... but it's such a small advantage vs the wall of death and having to move in the open whilst people in cover shoot at you I think it's reasonable.

Edited by crabby2004
add some extra detail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crabby2004 said:

It's hardly surprising that a scope would magnify an effect... The effect also lasts such a short amount of time that it didn't seem to affect your accuracy. If anything, I am happy it exists - makes the game less predictable. Oh... and to say that's and advantage is true... but it's such a small advantage vs the wall of death and having to move in the open whilst people in cover shoot at you I think it's reasonable.

"I'm happy that when you try to shoot at someone your scope can get filled with blinding light rendering you unable to see anything. This is good because I love RNG and the game needs more."

What am I reading.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

"I'm happy that when you try to shoot at someone your scope can get filled with blinding light rendering you unable to see anything. This is good because I love RNG and the game needs more."

What am I reading.

well it is realistic that looking into an electrical field with a scope would be challenging, yes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kcidskcuskroz said:

well it is realistic that looking into an electrical field with a scope would be challenging, yes?

"Muh realism!" is not an argument. Giant moving electrical circles that can cover an 8x8km island do not exist in real life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ramza said:

"Muh realism!" is not an argument. Giant moving electrical circles that can cover an 8x8km island do not exist in real life.

of course not. and neither is magical cure red bull either. but scope effect seems justified to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kcidskcuskroz said:

of course not. and neither is magical cure red bull either. but scope effect seems justified to me.

It's not justified. You should not be punished for being in the circle. If you are within the circle first and you look behind you to protect yourself from late comers to the circle there shouldn't be a punishment for being on time and in position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ramza said:

It's not justified. You should not be punished for being in the circle. If you are within the circle first and you look behind you to protect yourself from late comers to the circle there shouldn't be a punishment for being on time and in position.

so you are saying that camping should be rewarded? these forum is very confusing to me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kcidskcuskroz said:

so you are saying that camping should be rewarded? these forum is very confusing to me!

How is moving to get in to the zone before other people camping? Low rated players shouldn't be allowed to post on the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

How is moving to get in to the zone before other people camping? Low rated players shouldn't be allowed to post on the forum.

you have no clue my rating. but i think cry babies should not be posting in forum. gets very tiring...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The question should be "is this how the blue zone border is intended to work by the developers?"  If no, then good on you for pointing it out to them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fever Dog said:

The question should be "is this how the blue zone border is intended to work by the developers?"  If no, then good on you for pointing it out to them.

Finally a comment where a keyboard warrior somewhere in the world has left. The whole reason this is left here is to address and make them aware. If its not then they can correct it... We as the community play and provide feedback and MANY of us may not see this issue or even bother to record it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You still killed the guys... It didn't really affect your game... and in realtime it kinda just looks like what you'd expect to see from a flash of lightening or something. Just seems like another picky rage post to me because you didn't win. There are lots more glaring issues for them to contest with and at a guess even if it was possible it's not going to be an easy fix because they would have to change how the scopes work or completely remove the electricity from the blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, crabby2004 said:

 Just seems like another picky rage post to me because you didn't win.

But I did win. I went on to get the final kill after my teammate revived me. I have no idea why you're defending an absolutely stupid mechanic that punishes good players for maneuvering in to the zone, but you're making yourself look pretty silly by stating I am complaining about a poorly implemented mechanic in a game I won as a ragepost.

CD.PNG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The old blue zone animation is perfectly fine and I really see no reason to change it to this pile of crap. The new animation is not just too flashy but also way too distracting for no apparent reason at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw you die in the video... and put two and two together with your moaning.

Well done on you for winning.

Still not going to agree that they should waste time trying to remove this effect. It's a split second... you still killed the guys... it removed very little of your advantage... And to be honest, it looked really cool (wish I had your skills). Effects are part of the game, I don't see why this should be any different?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, crabby2004 said:

I saw you die in the video... and put two and two together with your moaning.

Well done on you for winning.

Still not going to agree that they should waste time trying to remove this effect. It's a split second... you still killed the guys... it removed very little of your advantage... And to be honest, it looked really cool (wish I had your skills). Effects are part of the game, I don't see why this should be any different?

But you agree on them wasting the time to add the effect? Because that was the test server's blue effect and the live server blue effect doesn't periodically blind your entire scope.

It also removed quite a bit of advantage. I missed a shot because of it and took an extra second or two to line up the kill shots. I could have finished those two a good 4-5 seconds sooner without the blinding effects and then I wouldn't have been downed by the AWM. It's not a good mechanic to just blind players for absolutely no reason while they're trying to shoot people. It's also not "moaning" when a player offers feedback on the game, especially when the devs are asking for it. I have no idea why you and many others white knight this game as if it's a flawless masterpiece. Anyone who offers criticism isn't trying to hurt your beloved game. You are hurting it by trying to dismiss discussion.

Edited by Ramza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ramza said:

But you agree on them wasting the time to add the effect? Because that was the test server's blue effect and the live server blue effect doesn't periodically blind your entire scope.

It also removed quite a bit of advantage. I missed a shot because of it and took an extra second or two to line up the kill shots. I could have finished those two a good 4-5 seconds sooner without the blinding effects and then I wouldn't have been downed by the AWM. It's not a good mechanic to just blind players for absolutely no reason while they're trying to shoot people.

tbh... I thought the game was meant to be fun... and I've probably over reacted... But it feels like elite players are trying to suck all of the variation out of the game. "too much blue damage" "should be no red zones" "weapon drops too varied" "get rid of cosmetic items" "fog is too foggy" "rain is too loud"... and now "blue field is too flashy". I have no need for a sterile tactical game - CS:GO does that for me, and it worries me that all this talk we're going to end up with a drab game that over prioritises the wants of the uber players, all us casual gamers be damned. I haven't had the good fortune to get a win yet and these changes to make your life easier are just going to make that even less of a probablitiy and like push me (and a lot of other people) out of this game entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well...

in my graphic settings i dont have those flash on the blue zone...

for sure devs have to fix it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, crabby2004 said:

tbh... I thought the game was meant to be fun... and I've probably over reacted... But it feels like elite players are trying to suck all of the variation out of the game. "too much blue damage" "should be no red zones" "weapon drops too varied" "get rid of cosmetic items" "fog is too foggy" "rain is too loud"... and now "blue field is too flashy". I have no need for a sterile tactical game - CS:GO does that for me, and it worries me that all this talk we're going to end up with a drab game that over prioritises the wants of the uber players, all us casual gamers be damned. I haven't had the good fortune to get a win yet and these changes to make your life easier are just going to make that even less of a probablitiy and like push me (and a lot of other people) out of this game entirely.

I can see your point of view but I'm not arguing  about the red zone (which I kind of like) or the weapon drops or blue damage/speed etc. I'm only discussing a random blinding effect caused by the zone when you are looking towards it. You say you never won a game, well when you do win a game it's going to be a game where you out maneuvered your opponents (and had a bit of luck) to get in to the white zone before them. In this game where you have secured yourself an excellent position through well planned movements do you want to get blinded when you go to check your rear towards the zone?

Also one of the best strategies for winning in the top 10 is using the blue zone as a safety wall and maneuvering along the wall between white and blue until you reach the thin side where the distance between white and blue is very small. In top 10 blue zone nukes your hit points so you already have a huge advantage in most cases by keeping it to your back since it is highly unlikely you will be shot in the back and you only have to worry about what it's front of you or others maneuvering alongside the rim. There doesn't need to be an additional advantage where anyone further in the white who tries to look at you gets blinded.

Edited by Ramza
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if anything the blue zone should be even brighter.  I have trouble seeing the edge of it at times, which means that sometimes I step into it by mistake when scouting the edge of it looking for troll kills.

It's nothing that occured to me to complain about before seeing this thread though.

31 minutes ago, crabby2004 said:

tbh... I thought the game was meant to be fun... and I've probably over reacted... But it feels like elite players are trying to suck all of the variation out of the game. "too much blue damage" "should be no red zones" "weapon drops too varied" "get rid of cosmetic items" "fog is too foggy" "rain is too loud"... and now "blue field is too flashy". I have no need for a sterile tactical game - CS:GO does that for me, and it worries me that all this talk we're going to end up with a drab game that over prioritises the wants of the uber players, all us casual gamers be damned. I haven't had the good fortune to get a win yet and these changes to make your life easier are just going to make that even less of a probablitiy and like push me (and a lot of other people) out of this game entirely.

Agree with this 110%.  PUBG is fun partly because the high amount of RNG elements gives shitty players an occasional chance to compete with those of higher mechanical skill.  A blue zone with unpredictable flashes that might obscure a key moment is part of this, as is a bad weapon drop, bad circle luck, no vehicles etc.  So many people here seem to want to make the game more boring and dry like every other shooter ever, I want it to go in the opposite direction and have even more RNG stuff that messes with people.

Edited by BKitten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BKitten said:

Agree with this 110%.  PUBG is fun partly because the high amount of RNG elements gives shitty players an occasional chance to compete with those of higher mechanical skill.  A blue zone with unpredictable flashes that might obscure a key moment is part of this

How does the blue zone blinding people inside of the white help shitty players? Eventually these people you call "shitty players" are going to be the one inside the white looking towards the blue. Who do you think will deal with being periodically blinded better, a good player who only needs half a second to line up a shot or a shitty player who takes much longer to aim? You aren't even making any sense at all since this effects players of all skill levels and does more to fuck over noobs who already have trouble aiming than people with higher mechanical skill.

Edited by Ramza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×