Sign in to follow this  
Ramza

Blue Zone wall effects block vision of targets near the wall.

20 minutes ago, Ramza said:

How does the blue zone blinding people inside of the white help shitty players? Eventually these people you call "shitty players" are going to be the one inside the white looking towards the blue. Who do you think will deal with being periodically blinded better, a good player who only needs half a second to line up a shot or a shitty player who takes much longer to aim? You aren't even making any sense at all since this effects players of all skill levels and does more to fuck over noobs who already have trouble aiming than people with higher mechanical skill.

Pretty sure the shitty players are already dead in 99.9% of the scenarios you describe :P

But, in all seriousness... being a shitty player I can honestly say I wouldn't even have noticed this - I had barely noticed they'd changed the blue apart from it looking more awesome. And I am pretty sure that's the main point of this entire thread - people want very different games, and it's up to both sides to fight their corner.

17 minutes ago, Zaphat said:

Does it look like the same from the other side too?

Very good question... I'd suggest it would look the same but with that whole "I'm being killed" filter with the blood and stuff?

I thought the point of them changing this was so people late to the circle couldn't see in and snipe people in the circle as easily? How easy do you want this game to be? 

Edited by MCFLYYY

When you are inside the circle, you should be able to see outside the circle very well. When you are outside on the other hand, your vision should be impeded or even blocked. I hate people fighting outside the circle and coming late. They should be punished, not the people already inside.

• Like 1

When thinking about this we should assume both players are of equal skill so advantage can truly be determined. If both players are equally good, then the one that gets blinded by looming at vlue has a disadvantage for no reason other than they are further inside the circle than their opponent. Yes, having your vision obscured by a light flare is a disadvantage.

This effect should be more intense when you are outside blue looking in, not inside blue looking out. Being outside blue is a disadvantage, you deserve poor vision of the inside. Everyone in circle shouldn't have a negative consequence for looking at the wall. If nothing else the flashing effect should fade away with distance so you can look at your opponent who is camping the blue wall. Seeing as camping the blue wall is a common strategy, we will all probably find ourselves looking at someone next to the blue.

The example op gave is shooting at people just inside the edge, but what if he was trying to shoot people outside the blue? Then he would be at a disadvantage, in regards to sight, trying to shoot people that should be the ones at a disadvantage.

All that being said, it would be good for someone to check to see if this happens when outside lookin in

• Like 2

My opinion on this for a while has been they should eliminate the lighting effects if you're inside. People outside would be at a severe shooting disadvantage over those inside but it wouldn't be such a major disadvantage that just getting caught outside the blue by a bad circle or the need to stop for a firefight would mean you're going to die.

If you have effects turned up the flashes of light can be pretty darned distracting even if you're not looking directly at the wall. If they've increased the effect on the test servers I think that's the wrong direction to go. If part of their art department starts talking about how awesome it would be to simulate an aneurysm with flashes of light on the bluezone wall they should probably just give them some busy work like adding in an animation to randomly hit some buttons on the vehicle dashboards every minute or so of driving.

41 minutes ago, Quasispec said:

just give them some busy work like adding in an animation to randomly hit some buttons on the vehicle dashboards every minute or so of driving.

We deserve a working radio in the uaz xD

Edited by soaps67
Spelling, damn phones

I scope in from 2-3 seconds and it happens 3 times during that duration. Scope in again from 6-7 seconds and it happens twice. Scope in again from 10-11 seconds and it happens twice more. It happens very frequently and will blind the scope almost once every second and sometimes several times a second. Look at the timestamps from the video. This is not acceptable.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

7.PNG

Edited by Ramza

I finally got around to watching the video and it's just horrendous. I don't see how anyone can defend that level of effect in a shooter. On the live server with Effects on Very Low it's an occasional visual distraction that I'm not a huge fan of but I could see people not having a problem with it. I don't think "RNG" should cover whether you "randomly" have a strobe flashing in your face when you're in a gunfight inside the playzone, though.

On 12/7/2017 at 5:24 AM, Ramza said:

There shouldn't be an advantage for being late.

That's not an advantage at all... Being late isn't something people love doing. Especially that late in the game, that's death circle. The game shouldn't be focused around running from a damn circle the entire time (even though it is). The circle should just be an after thought. And you most likely don't understand how much of a disadvantage they're at by being late or outside the circle already.

That being said. The reason the blue circle keeps getting stupid changes like this are because of others saying the blue circle needs to severely punish people caught near the circle. They said they wanted the circle to do more damage and for a change to be made to make it harder to see through the circle so people outside have a harder time seeing inside. The low level plebs that can't watch their backs for 10 seconds to make sure there's no stragglers in the circle caused this issue. 

Sooo if I'm hearing this correctly, bright electrical effects viewed from a magnification optical device shouldn't cause lense flare?

That sounds... dumb.

There's a word for this... it's called an "obstacle".

Say it with me: OBSTACLE - a thing that blocks one's way or prevents or hinders progress.

Overcome them, especially if it's an implemented mechanic.

4 hours ago, DwnNdirty said:

That's not an advantage at all... Being late isn't something people love doing. Especially that late in the game, that's death circle. The game shouldn't be focused around running from a damn circle the entire time (even though it is). The circle should just be an after thought. And you most likely don't understand how much of a disadvantage they're at by being late or outside the circle already.

That being said. The reason the blue circle keeps getting stupid changes like this are because of others saying the blue circle needs to severely punish people caught near the circle. They said they wanted the circle to do more damage and for a change to be made to make it harder to see through the circle so people outside have a harder time seeing inside. The low level plebs that can't watch their backs for 10 seconds to make sure there's no stragglers in the circle caused this issue. 

If you were a player who made top 10 consistently you'd understand that in most situations the best strategy is riding the blue wall keeping it at your back steadily as it eliminates the chance of getting shot in the back. It's already a huge advantage in many situations to be close to the blue wall. It doesn't need to punish players in the white as well.

3 hours ago, Rocky_Roidrage said:

Sooo if I'm hearing this correctly, bright electrical effects viewed from a magnification optical device shouldn't cause lense flare?

That sounds... dumb.

Say it with me: OBSTACLE - a thing that blocks one's way or prevents or hinders progress.

Okay I'll say it with you. "I think RNG blindness is a good mechanic and it adds a lot of depth to the game by having players get blinded in random intervals when they look through their scope."

It doesn't sound any less idiotic when I say it with you.

Edited by Ramza
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rocky_Roidrage said:

That sounds... dumb.

Yah obviously it's an obstacle chief. This discussion is about whether it makes sense to have this obstacle and whether it's a design intent or poor programming (when it comes to "fancy" visuals with piss poor interactions I know what my assumption is).

If they introduced a weapon and it shot 10 degrees above the crosshairs would that be an obstacle we should overcome by aiming low constantly?

23 hours ago, Ramza said:

If you were a player who made top 10 consistently you'd understand that in most situations the best strategy is riding the blue wall keeping it at your back steadily as it eliminates the chance of getting shot in the back. It's already a huge advantage in many situations to be close to the blue wall. It doesn't need to punish players in the white as well.

My top 10 rate is over 75% across the board for the gametypes I focus. squad and duos. I refuse to ride the wall on a normal basis because if the next circle is across the current circle, you're screwed... 

On 12/8/2017 at 12:06 PM, Rocky_Roidrage said:

That sounds... dumb.

It's a video game.  You're looking at an invisible zone of death that suddenly blinds you.  It's a ridiculous change which is why we are providing feedback here...

• Like 1

Flash effects are a bad idea. 
Already there are enough RNG elements in the game, and I do not see the only reason 
why a player with good skills and tactics should be punished. 
If additional RNG elements are added to the game, the differences between the players
will be smaller and not good. None of you here talking about this problem has not even realized that, 
after shrinking a circle from a certain level, these effects will blind all players inside the circle, 
because then you are always heading through the circle to the enemy behind which the blue zone
will always be. So, for example, the last five players inside the zone will always be blinded. 
This is bad idea!
Edited by Coko